Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 08:02 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times

Advertisements

Thank you, to everyone who posted. I loved reading this thread from the OP's mismatched title (freudian slip?) to the very end "get the dog" AND the russian bride!

I loved the idea of the "man who owns next to nothing" meets the "woman who loves to spend" for a lesson in futility reality show.

Don't give up OP~!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
LOL re the Russian Bride. I used to work with this 50-ish guy who had his cubicle plastered with pictures of what I thought must be his daughter--young, blonde chick in a bikini and other skimpy outfits. I thought it was kind of creepy. Turned out he traveled to Russia to look for a girl, found one during his ten-day visit and married her and brought her back to the US, and that's who the pinup girl was. After a while he was complaining because she had him pay to bring her mother to the US, then her brother, and then...well, he ended up being fired because he developed a drug habit. Too much for him, I guess.

He probably should have just gotten a dog.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
Meet Single Russian Woman for Marriage. Mail Order Brides

Some nice looking ladies! You are all set.

Note: They are mostly "serious" and "looking for real love" no golddiggers or greencarders here (Except maybe the "Butterfly who burns all the colors of the rainbow" That is a bit unclear).

We chose one for you:

http://www.russianwoman.ca/EG398.html (broken link)

Old 03-20-2011, 12:45 AM

143 posts, read 540,508 times
Old, bitter, man-hating woman - I am embarrassed to admit it, but I am one of them. I am only 36 but I am so jaded, I know I will always be alone. I wasn't always like this. When I look back at who I was when I was younger, I feel loss. I don't know what happened to that girl. Somewhere along the way, I just lost my faith and trust in men. I stopped believing in them. I stopped believing in myself too.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Old, bitter, man-hating woman - I am embarrassed to admit it, but I am one of them. I am only 36 but I am so jaded, I know I will always be alone. I wasn't always like this. When I look back at who I was when I was younger, I feel loss. I don't know what happened to that girl. Somewhere along the way, I just lost my faith and trust in men. I stopped believing in them. I stopped believing in myself too.
It's because you are framing what you see through the lens of your own experience. I was the same way after my divorce. Then one day I was in a conversation on an Internet forum with people I'd talked to for a long time, and I casually made the statement that men just don't have the capacity to love another person the way women do. In my mind, I was just making a statement of fact. I got called on it by a couple of men I respect and admire, who do, in fact, love their wives/SO's totally. At first I was shocked that they even took exception to my view. After that, I started looking around and realized that I was indeed wrong. There are many men who don't fit the description of my experience. I had to swallow the reality that it is ME--those types of men would never go for someone like me, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:22 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's because you are framing what you see through the lens of your own experience. I was the same way after my divorce. Then one day I was in a conversation on an Internet forum with people I'd talked to for a long time, and I casually made the statement that men just don't have the capacity to love another person the way women do. In my mind, I was just making a statement of fact. I got called on it by a couple of men I respect and admire, who do, in fact, love their wives/SO's totally. At first I was shocked that they even took exception to my view. After that, I started looking around and realized that I was indeed wrong. There are many men who don't fit the description of my experience. I had to swallow the reality that it is ME--those types of men would never go for someone like me, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I'd marry you......

Except Mrs. Chow might now appreciate that...

I really appreciate when someone "owns" their opinions or "stuff"

Great trait.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'd marry you......

Except Mrs. Chow might now appreciate that...

I really appreciate when someone "owns" their opinions or "stuff"

Great trait.

There used to be those Pennsylvania Dutch signs with the sayings, and one that comes to mind is "We are too soon old and too late schmart."

Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizeguy1032 View Post
I'm 53, divorced 4 yrs after a 24 yr marriage. Jumped right in to a rebound relationship that I ended about 8 months ago. She was 44 with a 7 yr old son and 21 yr old daughter and 3 dogs she treated like kids.
Anyway I have started to date again and what I'm finding is that the women in my age range, 45-55, seem to all be very bitter about growing old and how they have been treated by men their whole life. All i hear about is how terrible their ex's were and how they can't trust men. They have these totally unrealistic expectations now of what they want in a man and won't settle for anything less....

Maybe it's time I get a dog.
Probably. See, 44-year-old women like me have no use for men in their 50s who not only blame an entire gender for their own poor dating choices, but expect all of that June Cleaver crap with the cooking and the cleaning and the waiting on a man hand and foot. Therefore we stick to men 10 years younger than we are, who don't know anything other than a world where women have their own careers and have a purpose other than to wait on men and have babies.

Oh, wait. Guess I've generalized. Oopsie!

Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,552,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzette View Post
probably. See, 44-year-old women like me have no use for men in their 50s who not only blame an entire gender for their own poor dating choices, but expect all of that june cleaver crap with the cooking and the cleaning and the waiting on a man hand and foot. Therefore we stick to men 10 years younger than we are, who don't know anything other than a world where women have their own careers and have a purpose other than to wait on men and have babies.

Oh, wait. Guess i've generalized. Oopsie!
:d

Old 03-20-2011, 02:37 PM

143 posts, read 540,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I can accept that it is me. I know it is me. It's not the guy's problem. He just avoids what he sees as an angry, intense, and bitter woman. And I can't blame men for wanting to stay away from me. I just don't know how to change back into being some happy-go-lucky blissful girl. I've spent that last 20 years of my life utterly and completely alone . Like many bitter women, I just don't know how to change. I have a fantasy that a guy will see me as a diamond in the rough and help me get better. But I know that is just fantasy and fairy tale wishes. The truth is that I am on my own in this. So how do I change - reformed bitter men and women - any advice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships