Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:03 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times

Advertisements

Well, whatta ya know!?!

Cherry Blossoms | About Us: dating Asian women Meet Asian singles from around the world

I knew I should have studied marketing.

Can't speak from personal experience about the website, but go ahead and then give us a review.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM

817 posts, read 811,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
That's a terrible thing to say....he obviously doesn't have that insight. Maybe there's nothing wrong with how he looks. Geeeeez!
Yes, a lot of people here just assume things, they aren't experienced enough to consider someone else's reality as being possible yet.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,319 times
I'm a sucker for Persian women, but I have yet to meet one that isn't an American citizen. Good luck with your search.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:05 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Huge difference between the mindsets of women here and women from Asia, you would know that if you travel the world.
Not true. This poor women are so poor they have no choice but to marry American men so they can be taken care of and they can take care of their families back in their homeland.

The show that someone mentioned, I just saw a clip of it. The poor women were gorgeous and the American men...well, it's a wonder they couldn't get dates here.

I won't make any more remarks, Julia so I'm out of here. Good luck guys! Poor women....

Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,714,182 times
Quote:
I'm giving up on American women! Can anyone tell me a good mail order bride site to join? Or the ones I may have the best luck with.
I don't know about the mail order bride thing. Seems kinda creepy. But you might be right about the whole American woman thing. One of my friends has always been quite stereotypically nerdy. He sorta looks like a Black version of Napolean Dynomite with the same hair, clothes, glasses and quirky mannerisms. As you can easily guess, he was never a lady killer. All throughout high school and early college he faced ugly rejection from women he worshipped at every turn. It all played out like a stereotypical 80's movie with the big time nerd lusting over the gorgeous buxom sexpot cheerleader who only dated the popular beefcake football players in high school and college. However, one in year in college, he chose to sign up for alternative Spring Break and went to New Orleans to volunteer help rebuild houses in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Low and behold, he started dating a Korean girl who was also volunteering on the trip. She had only been living in the U.S. for a year or two. And let me tell you, she was way out of his league. She was Asian but she was voluptuous and curvy like a thick Black girl and quite pretty; something you don't see everyday. Many of our mutual friends were in absolute disbelief he was going out with her. Their visually mismatched relationship simply defied all laws of conventional coupledom in America. If she was an American girl, she wouldn't be caught dead with my dorky buddy. If she had been an average attractive American 20 something woman, she probably would have been chasing rich guys with houses and prestigious careers, not my super geeky friend who didn't even have a car let alone nice clothes and lived with his mother in a dirty room in public housing.

Moderator cut: Like I said, please do not turn this thread into a place to bash American women.

Where I live, in the DC area, is status obsessed and talking with many women around here is no different from a job interview; it's all about how much money you make, your level of overpriced meaningless education credentials, where you live, your general level of prestige etc. With many foreign women, this is not always the case.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-17-2011 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Removed off-topic comments.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM

33 posts, read 65,520 times
Quote:
I can see what your problem is, you work in a mostly men oriented field, HVAC jobs are tough physical jobs, and then you are in a place like WV, hmmm, I would say the best thing for you to do is to go online and try those dating sites I mentioned, find a woman in South America, Europe or Asia, and go for a short trip to one of those places to meet someone you have met online in person, you know, if it doesn't work out, you would still have a memory of a good experience internationally when you look back.

Ok thanks

Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 PM

817 posts, read 811,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I don't know about the mail order bride thing. Seems kinda creepy. But you might be right about the whole American woman thing. One of my friends has always been quite stereotypically nerdy. He sorta looks like a Black version of Napolean Dynomite with the same hair, clothes, glasses and quirky mannerisms. As you can easily guess, he was never a lady killer. All throughout high school and early college he faced ugly rejection from women he worshipped at every turn. It all played out like a stereotypical 80's movie with the big time nerd lusting over the gorgeous buxom sexpot cheerleader who only dated the popular beefcake football players in high school and college. However, one in year in college, he chose to sign up for alternative Spring Break and went to New Orleans to volunteer help rebuild houses in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Low and behold, he started dating a Korean girl who was also volunteering on the trip. She had only been living in the U.S. for a year or two. And let me tell you, she was way out of his league. Many of our mutual friends were in absolute disbelief he was going out with her. Their visually mismatched relationship simply defied all laws of conventional coupledom in America. If she was an American girl, she wouldn't be caught dead with my dorky buddy.
Your posting is the best ever I have come across, and although a lot of people here would shake their heads in disbelief for you being so honest about this, I would go ahead and say that you are 100% right here.

Moderator cut: Deleted off-topic comments.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-17-2011 at 05:39 AM..

Old 03-16-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Your posting is the best ever I have come across, and although a lot of people here would shake their heads in disbelief for you being so honest about this, I would go ahead and say that you are 100% right here.

That's how I see it too.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:19 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david2419 View Post
I'm giving up on American women! Can anyone tell me a good mail order bride site to join? Or the ones I may have the best luck with.
Thanks dude. That leaves more for us guys who know how to attract, converse and romance real American women. If you get any extras from other countries that you can't handle please let us know.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-17-2011 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate comment.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Thanks dude. That leaves more for us guys who know how to attract, converse and romance real American women. If you get any extras from other countries that you can't handle please let us know.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-17-2011 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships