Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 02:08 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times

Advertisements

Hey ya'll!

Hope all of you are enjoying this day and get to see the super moon that is supposed to occur!

Anyway, well this is the continuing saga of the lady that I had a relationship with. We didn't go out per se but we had something going but apparently I messed it up. For those of you out of the loop and might want to contribute, you can get an idea from these two threads here:

Okay, did I really mess up?

I hate being ignored....Why the stupid games for?

I'll brief this up so I won't make your eyes sore. This past week I have been really bummed from some B.S. that has occurred with me financially, health wise, and other aspects; and on top of all that-she has also added to me being bummed out even more. Last weekend I went to visit her and we were having a good time. I did all the things she loves that a man does, I caressed her, treated her like she always wanted to be treated and like how I always treat women. I brought her a birthday present etc.

Then, we get to the bed, and I wasn't trying to initiate sex because she didn't want it at first but then she kept trying to have sex with me and of course, I went with the flow. Nothing happened sex wise but through out the day I was caressing her legs, kissing them and showing it much affection. She said she hated her legs and that she wishes they can be skinnier or chicken legs. I told her I love her legs and they are hefty but I didn't mean hefty in the fat sense, just that they were powerful (because she does have powerful legs from being a track and cross country runner). She took complete offense to it and didn't want to hear or understand what I meant. I kept telling her legs weren't fat but she just didn't want to hear it. So we left on a sour note thanks to her insecurity.

This past week she ignored my phone calls and text til I finally got tired of it and threatened not to talk to her again. She told me she ignored me because what I told her hurt and it replayed in her head all week and started lecturing me on how to speak to women and all this B.S.. So basically, I told her that she blew things out of proportion and she's letting her insecurities get the best of her and that I've been nothing but nice. She agreed and apologized for being stupid.

All this though has made me want to distant from her because she's also being distant from me and it just isn't the same. However, I can't help but be kind of sad because when she doesn't get stupid, I LOVE her personality, her style, her fashion, her bubbly personality. However, her insecurities and me feeling like I have to walk on egg shells on what I say to her makes me not want to deal with that type of crap.

Though we didn't go out, it just hurts because I really fell for her and was looking for something great to happen this year romantically and just when everything seemed like it was going that way, BAM, it blows up in my face.

I try to think about her immaturity, her extreme insecurities and issues, the stupid games she tries to play to feed her ego, and the fact that she has kids and baby mama drama to stay away from her. I know what I have to do get over her and know that there's plenty other ladies out there. It just seems so hard though because I just keep thinking off her and beating myself up over her, something I DO NOT and SHOULD NOT be doing. I'm just tired of her always playing the victim and making me feel like I am a bad guy and not trying to understand me and only concerned about her feelings.

I know what I got to do but I want some more advice, encouragement, opinions and ways to get over her. Its been making me feel like such crap lately.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
How come nothing happened sex wise that day ?

Old 03-19-2011, 02:24 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Two sentences literally scream out for special attention:

1. "She said she hated her legs and that she wishes they can be skinnier or chicken legs."

2. "I'm just tired of her always playing the victim and making me feel like I am a bad guy and not trying to understand me and only concerned about her feelings."

Let's tackle the first one quickly: you're not going to change this and why bother? You are showing her affection and adoring her legs and she won't let you because she has image issues. That's HER problem and she'll make it YOUR problem if you don't walk away now.

As for #2, if you really were tired of her abusing you, using you and treating you poorly, you wouldn't be here, writing long posts mooning over her, when she only cares about herself. Women like this never make anyone happy because they're miserable themselves. She is high maintenance. I don't even see the attraction... she treats you poorly.

You need to move on and stop thinking about her because she' not worth it. You won't do this since you seem obsessed. So examine why you're allowing yourself to be played by someone so desperately unworthy.

To any objective observer, she's a self-centered user. Say Adios and stop thinking about her.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:39 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Go to whatever the most fun bar/club in the area is and order yourself and a couple friends a few shots of whiskey, stat.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Two sentences literally scream out for special attention:

1. "She said she hated her legs and that she wishes they can be skinnier or chicken legs."

2. "I'm just tired of her always playing the victim and making me feel like I am a bad guy and not trying to understand me and only concerned about her feelings."

Let's tackle the first one quickly: you're not going to change this and why bother? You are showing her affection and adoring her legs and she won't let you because she has image issues. That's HER problem and she'll make it YOUR problem if you don't walk away now.

As for #2, if you really were tired of her abusing you, using you and treating you poorly, you wouldn't be here, writing long posts mooning over her, when she only cares about herself. Women like this never make anyone happy because they're miserable themselves. She is high maintenance. I don't even see the attraction... she treats you poorly.

You need to move on and stop thinking about her because she' not worth it. You won't do this since you seem obsessed. So examine why you're allowing yourself to be played by someone so desperately unworthy.

To any objective observer, she's a self-centered user. Say Adios and stop thinking about her.
You are absolutely right. The thing that bothers me is that I know all this but apart of me wants her to realize that she has treated me poorly and that she is wrong. I just kind of want her to realize that she has gotten her ego fed and that she is wrong and apologize for treating me like crap and being selfish but I shouldn't even bother. It just annoys me that I've been nothing but GREAT to her and she just chooses to act as if I have treated her like crap. It's like apart of me just wants to get back at her and make her realize that she lost someone that could have been great for her. I'm just the type of person that holds grudges, I'll admit.

I've been in this boat before and I keep reminding myself not to go back on it. TRUST ME, I don't like being abused whatsoever, and I know I don't deserve it but I guess I just kind of didn't realize I was feeding into it.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:06 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,752 times
you sound like a girl - too analytical, too hung up on a person of the opposite sex (who is 100% not right for you)

let it go, it's not important. get off the computer and go live your life.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
you sound like a girl - too analytical, too hung up on a person of the opposite sex (who is 100% not right for you)

That is what happens when you grow up and raised by a household of 8 plus more women. On the same hand, I should know better.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times
She treats you like crap..because she feels like crap to herself. Stop the self-abuse. Dump her and move on, after three threads about her, you should known better.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:45 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post

Thanks! I got maybe 5 words in and started looking for the Reader's Digest version.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:48 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
"It just annoys me that I've been nothing but GREAT to her and she just chooses to act as if I have treated her like crap."

How old are you? This is Jr. High thinking. Sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth.

"It's like a part of me just wants to get back at her."

Why do you care? Why do you give this worthless woman any power over you? She's still controlling you even when you're not a couple.

You need to get off the computer and start meeting/pursuing other women. Don't respond any more to this thread, it's just driving the stake in deeper into your heart. It just fosters you thinking of her. You're the one getting something out of this twisted obsession. Do some introspective thinking and find out why some woman with such baggage has such a hold over you. Forget her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships