Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,352,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Not only that but I loathe shopping, have no interest in TV soaps, girly stuff, clothes, I don't talk much ( a lot less than him), I hate "gossip", I don't want kids and never coo over babies either . I also cannot stay on the phone longer than a few seconds as I hate phoning people !

Speaking of chineese people...!

And now, for something completely different! A bunny, with a pancake on his head!

- It's a privacy issue. If I'm with someone I love, and comfortable with them - they can go digging around in my purse if they want to ..half the guys I know wouldnt want to though... they think something is lurking in there, ya.

I myself, would feel a tinge of discomfort, digging in his wallet. unless it was to sneak in surprise money or something or a quick little note. ...but just the same as the majority of the pollers...oh wait. this wasn't a pole. ..but anyways, I wouldn't do it without asking, and I certainly would hope that if he needed something out of mine - that he would do me the common courtesy of letting me know as well.

On the note of the fishing pole.....nothing beats standing in line for 20 minutes, to order your tall extra caramel iced latte with whipped cream - and have to leave it there and walk away crying, when you open your wallet and it's empty!!! Oh my poor poor latte.

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 07-27-2007 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: too early...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 08:04 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,169,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
This came up in another thread

How do you feel about your mate (or anyone) going into your purse/wallet to take money or anything? Do you feel this is your private property and it's
off limits to everyone?

I personally never allowed my son to touch my pocketbook He's knows nothing in my purse belongs to him. He knows to ask and I'm more
than happy to give. I did have this
problem with yaknowwho going in my purse and taking whatever he
thinks is okay. To me this is wrong. I never touch a mans wallet,
I do ask for cash if needed.

How do you all feel about this?
Good Morning! Happy Friday!!!!

I personally never had a difficult time with it...however, while my son was growing up, even though I allowed him to go into my purse, I tried to remember to remind him that some people are very sensitive about this, and it is also very impolite to go into other people's purses, that only my purse was he able to root thru, and no one else....as they were off limits, personal and privet property of others and he needed to respect that.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,318,174 times
It's not a trust or privacy issue for me, I have nothing to hide, it's just a money thing, I like to carry some extra cash and I don't want to reach in to pay for something to find out the moneys not there.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 AM

3,260 posts, read 9,164,337 times
Quote:
it's just a money thing, I like to carry some extra cash and I don't want to reach in to pay for something to find out the moneys not there.
The only time I would take money is if I tell him I am taking it. Liz

Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,753,350 times
We don't have an issue with going into each others personal stuff, such as wallet or handbag but I would never just take money and either would he. I don't see an issue with going in there unless there were something to hide.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 PM

982 posts, read 3,480,508 times
I'm with you. The purse or wallet is off limits unless you have permission to go in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships