Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM

550 posts, read 984,516 times

Advertisements

I wrote another post here about this guy at work(we work in the same building but in different areas for 3 yrs)and whether or not he wanted only sex. Again, we work together and we would see each other quite a bit and talk a lot. Well when we exchanged phone numbers, the talk got more sexual. It seemed like he just wanted a booty call. And I ended up telling him, I'm not like that. He said he respected me. He asked me a time that was a good time to go out and my schedule is so busy most of the time I don't even have time to go out.

Anyway, I didn't see him at work for awhile. It seems he's been working different hours as me lately. The one day we were working the same day, we both had our lunch break together and talked a bit. Later he said he would talk to me later. However, this was a couple of weeks ago and he hasn't called me and I haven't seen him around work at all since.

So do you think all he wanted was a booty call and he's blowing me off knowing he's not going to get it from me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 04:44 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
What difference does it make? he had the opportunity to ask you out on a respectful date, but chose not to do so. That is all you need to know. Why is irrelevant.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:51 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Hard to say...My first thought would be if he is interested in you, then he would find a moment out of his "busy" schedule to see you at work, or give you a quick call, or even text.
He obviously wasn`t impressed with the past conversation, or else you would be hearing something by now. Move on! Chin up!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:55 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
here's the best advice and i want you to remember it

F*** it, many fish in the sea.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:57 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
You're obsessing about someone that thought he might impress you with his sexual talk. It didn't and he doesn't know how to be a respectful person to take someone out on a nice date. Let him find shanks that will listen to his sexual talk and him treating them like crap. You missed a bullet. Move on. There's got to be other nice guys at work or in that small town of yours.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:58 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
Yeah seriously ^

screw him (don't haha)

you don't need him!!!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
It's not a very good idea to date someone from work. Maybe he's figured that out. It's okay to flirt a little with your co-workers in fun, but keep it light and not serious. Look elsewhere for a boyfriend.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:35 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Confused about guy at work. Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
You're obsessing about someone that thought he might impress you with his sexual talk. It didn't and he doesn't know how to be a respectful person to take someone out on a nice date. Let him find shanks that will listen to his sexual talk and him treating them like crap. You missed a bullet. Move on. There's got to be other nice guys at work or in that small town of yours.
If there are in fact other nice guys in your town, lets hope doniel doesn't know them as well as she imagines she knows the one you wrote about. Most of what she wrote is pure conjecture on her part, she doesn't really know what she is talking about, she's just talking. As far as the guy not calling you, maybe he thinks you are not interested enough to go out with him since you didn't find time to go out before. The one thing about going out with fellow workers that isn't good, if the relationship goes south, you still will be around them and have to work and get along with them.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:56 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
What difference does it make? he had the opportunity to ask you out on a respectful date, but chose not to do so. That is all you need to know. Why is irrelevant.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:02 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
I wrote another post here about this guy at work(we work in the same building but in different areas for 3 yrs)and whether or not he wanted only sex. Again, we work together and we would see each other quite a bit and talk a lot. Well when we exchanged phone numbers, the talk got more sexual. It seemed like he just wanted a booty call. And I ended up telling him, I'm not like that. He said he respected me. He asked me a time that was a good time to go out and my schedule is so busy most of the time I don't even have time to go out.

Anyway, I didn't see him at work for awhile. It seems he's been working different hours as me lately. The one day we were working the same day, we both had our lunch break together and talked a bit. Later he said he would talk to me later. However, this was a couple of weeks ago and he hasn't called me and I haven't seen him around work at all since.

So do you think all he wanted was a booty call and he's blowing me off knowing he's not going to get it from me?
Booty call. It is soooooooo obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships