Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Replace "women" with "men" and the same saying holds true!
I just made $25 off your remark. My wife said you would keep your mouth shut, and I bet her you couldn't...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 AM

343 posts, read 524,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Break up is coming. I can't take stuff like this on a regular basis:

Barely wanting to kiss. She even sometimes refuses kisses. I asked her about it, because before in our relationship we kissed/made out all the time. She says now, it's just not her thing anymore and likes the simplicity of only small pecks. This drives me crazy. I don't want to make out 24/7 either, but I want to do more than "peck" my girlfriend. And when you move away when I try to kiss you sometimes, that pisses me off.

She's also ALWAYS tired. She's 22. She works and goes to school. I understand being tired and everything, but every single time we hang out, she leaves by 9:30 or 10 every time. She didn't have to work last night and she made me leave at 9. Every other couple our age stays out till 1 or 2 and they work and go to school as well. But she's ready for me to leave, or ready for me to take her home by 9 or 10 every time. I want to spend more time with her than 3 or 4 hours every weekend.

She never wants to do much together, mostly because she wants to do things "her" way. I finally talked to her about everything tonight and she said well you make it seem like I'm boring. I said well, for the most part, our relationship is when you never want to do anything together.

Her smart remarks constantly.

We got off the phone and she sent me a message just now saying she's sorry she's a disappointment and a horrible girlfriend, but she truly loves me and she'd talk to me in the morning. I haven't texted her back and don't think I'm going to.

I just can't take THIS kind of relationship anymore.
I don't blame you. You know even if she shapes up, it will only be temporary.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,422 times
If i were you, Id take the job. Alot can happen in a year.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:58 PM

251 posts, read 641,215 times
Just an update on this whole situation.

She's realized how good of a job this is and WANTS me to stay there now. I had already decided that I'm keeping this job as long as I can.

Her deal now is that she still wants me to move an hour or so away, and commute back and forth every day so that she can work in the bigger city. I spend close to $100 a week in gas alone now in my truck. I know everyone will probably say get rid of it or don't drive it, but I haul stuff a lot and needed a truck and can't afford a 2nd vehicle. I just don't think in the next year when she's ready to move, it would be financially sensible to, on my part anyway. It's a great job, but after how much I'd be spending in gas each week, it would take a big cut out of my pay.

She says she could stay here in our town with me, but it'd just be a back up plan and wants me to consider moving with her without just shutting it down. I told her a year is a long ways away and we'd see when it came up.

I'm not really worrying about it anymore. Whatever happens, happens. Thanks for all the discussion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships