Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My god, there is a woman who sits near me at work who has this ridiculous manner of sneezing. It's a high-pitched at-CHOO with the CHOO about an octave higher than the "at", and you hear her halfway across the floor. There is no way somebody sneezes like that naturally. One day after she pulled this about three times, I finally said loudly, "MUST you sneeze so dramatically?" There was no answer. I don't think she likes me, lol.
You could try this trick that drives me bonkers. Whenever I used to sneeze in front of my mom, she would loudly yell "Gesundtie!" right when I was saying "achoo". Not before, not after, but DURING. It annoyed me to no end, and I asked her to please stop telling me "gesundtie".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ok, so as a previous poster pointed out...how would you know who's been clubbing and who hasn't?

Maybe she was backing into him. No wonder he's so mad at those sinners!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 AM

817 posts, read 811,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Usually! Not always though. Think Brock Lesnar.
He's exceptional, but most gym rats I see over there are just the wannabe tough guys who want to display their bulky muscles, I know a lot of them can't even touch their toes standing straight, and most of them can't even do a complete vertical split, atleast I can do that

Old 03-24-2011, 06:21 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,304 times
Huge Pet peeve: I am in grad school right? Grad school is not the place a teacher would help your little hand and teach you the ABC's. It is grad schools! You have to do your homework, your own research and READ the book before you get to class.

There are these 2 girls that complain all the time because the professor "is hard to understand". He has a phD, and he is very knowleageble. However they complain, complain complain.... so last nite at the end of the class he is asking us to make a little class activity (not to be graded just to let him know how we are doing)

These 2 women started getting really loud, "we do not understand boo hooo booo hooo". Maybe if you take the time before class to read the book... maybe you would understand.... anyway, the entire class had to saty until 10 pm because of them.

HONESTLY, it is graduate school not kindergarden. Pull your own weight. It was super late, it was raining and we all have full time jobs.

That is my rant, thanks!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
People who answer the phone when they know they are busy instead of letting it go to voicemal
Mine is people who let their phone going to voicemail even though they could answer it ever though they're busy...

Old 03-24-2011, 01:12 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
He's exceptional, but most gym rats I see over there are just the wannabe tough guys who want to display their bulky muscles, I know a lot of them can't even touch their toes standing straight, and most of them can't even do a complete vertical split, atleast I can do that
Guys with bulky muscles have no desire to do a complete vertical split, although most of them can do one (I know I can)

Quote:
You mean having huge muscles, like those unnatural one's? Fact is, everyone has some muscle, depends on how well defined it is and how toned it is, what needs to be improved is muscular endurance and flexibility along with strength, the one's with huge muscles usually have the bulk/mass, without the explosive speed or muscular endurance.
Again, guys with huge muscles typically have no desire to train for stamina/endurance. Most of them don't want the pretty-boy look, they just want size and strength, which can't be attained if you're going for muscular endurance and flexibility.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:15 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Well, I figure I'm going to hell anyway, so I might as well have a great time before I get there!
This is hilarious

Old 03-24-2011, 01:22 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Guys with bulky muscles have no desire to do a complete vertical split, although most of them can do one (I know I can)

Again, guys with huge muscles typically have no desire to train for stamina/endurance. Most of them don't want the pretty-boy look, they just want size and strength, which can't be attained if you're going for muscular endurance and flexibility.
How about running 10 miles with a 90 pound full pack or dragging someone injured? Those muscles don't do you a bit of good if you can't work them for more than 5 minutes.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post

North, I don't dispute what you have said, and one is not better than the other, I am merely saying that a lot of guys with bulky muscles have this assumption that they are unbeatable just because of the bulk, while speed is a very important thing when you are in an actual fight situation, and some guys train for speed, atleast I do.

I train for endurance as well as strength, as I do a lot of backpacking and rock climbing, so my requirements are different than what some other's train for, some could be training for body building, they have got a different goal, I am merely saying that one is not better than the other, it all depends on the purpose. So your assumption of folks training for speed/endurance being training for that pretty boy look is totally wrong in this case, if anything it's the folks that have those bulky muscles that want to show off for the most part.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,833 times
Quote:
North, I don't dispute what you have said, and one is not better than the other, I am merely saying that a lot of guys with bulky muscles have this assumption that they are unbeatable just because of the bulk, while speed is a very important thing when you are in an actual fight situation, and some guys train for speed, atleast I do.

I train for endurance as well as strength, as I do a lot of backpacking and rock climbing, so my requirements are different than what some other's train for, some could be training for body building, they have got a different goal, I am merely saying that one is not better than the other, it all depends on the purpose. So your assumption of folks training for speed/endurance being training for that pretty boy look is totally wrong in this case, if anything it's the folks that have those bulky muscles that want to show off for the most part.
You can guess what I am. Both!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
You can guess what I am. Both!
I believe in having explosive speed and strength more than anything, because that's what I need for my day to day needs and from a sports perspective, why don't we start a fight club on this forum, all the interested members could participate, we could select a location and knock the living daylights out of each other, what say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships