Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 11:59 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,073,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
A smarter man would have remembered the number when you say it
A smarter man could have figured out that the piece of paper and pen he was holding could have been used to write her number down for him to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 12:10 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,584,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
We were in the gym near the school when I ran into him. So I didn't have anything on me to give him my number. He wrote down his and gave it to me. I have seen him around.
If it is a cell, text him your phone number and tell him to give you a call!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:16 AM

23,143 posts, read 28,915,048 times
Call him, break the ice with some humor.

Hhhh-elllllll-o! My name is Ahhhful! (Spelled A-h-h-h-f-u-l) Middle name is Lee. Last name is Shy!

And take it from there!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:30 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,505 times
Quote:
We were in the gym near the school when I ran into him. So I didn't have anything on me to give him my number. He wrote down his and gave it to me. I have seen him around.
No offense but most "good" guys want to give you "their" number. We don't want to put you on the spot wondering if we are a freakbag? If you don't want to call just throw it out. It's not like him going through the phone book to find you! Yeah, this stuff is my life!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:35 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,584,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Call him, break the ice with some humor.

Hhhh-elllllll-o! My name is Ahhhful! (Spelled A-h-h-h-f-u-l) Middle name is Lee. Last name is Shy!

And take it from there!
Hehehahahahuh-----nope not funny!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:38 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,983,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
A smarter man would have remembered the number when you say it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
A smarter man could have figured out that the piece of paper and pen he was holding could have been used to write her number down for him to take.
The smartest man would have done both.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:49 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,084,118 times
Quote:
This guy at school gave me his number. He isn't in any of my classes, yet see him around sometimes in the computer lab. I want to call and at least say hi, but am so painfully shy I would not know what to say or do. I don't want my shyness to be a burden to him or me. Plus, I am usually too busy to go anywhere. Also I am a little older than a lot of the people at my school and he looks at least 7-10 yrs younger. What about just having lunch in the cafeteria or someplace close by?

No!! let him find you if he wants to see you. If he wants to have lunch let him ask you. Men like the hunt, if he is really into you, he will find you and ask you out.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,454,646 times
Call him! Dont call him! Girls not calling boys is old fashioned nonsense! A lady would never call a guy first!
And you women wonder why us guys have NO FU*KING CLUE what the hell you want!:rolleyes :

Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 AM

400 posts, read 848,341 times
Sigh. Here's the situation laid down by you:
He gave you his number and he doesn't have your number. (We don't know why really, there are several good and bad reasons but they're all just speculation so all are irrelevant)
You want to call him.

You should call him. You're shy and it'll be awkward. But that's just how it goes and presumably he knows you're shy and doesn't care/likes that. So just call him and you'll get what you want. If he doesn't pick up, leave a message with your number.

Ignore the rules, they don't even apply to half the people anyway.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM

550 posts, read 982,661 times
Ok so I called him and got his voicemail. Left my number. It's all off my hands now. Guess I've never been one to play by the rules anyway, mostly because of my shyness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships