Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

Well it's the same for me right now. I've had several dates and have liked every single one of them, but no wow factor at all. On the other hand, I met a man at the library one day and he was so nice and so handsome that I couldn't talk to him b/c I was too intimidated. He was really trying to talk to me too. I guess it just takes time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 02:36 PM

404 posts, read 701,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Well it's the same for me right now. I've had several dates and have liked every single one of them, but no wow factor at all. On the other hand, I met a man at the library one day and he was so nice and so handsome that I couldn't talk to him b/c I was too intimidated. He was really trying to talk to me too. I guess it just takes time.
Maybe you and the OP are more into the shy types? She said she doesn't like any of the guys who approach her... but what about those who don't?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:50 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
So I've been dating but I can't seem to really like any guy that I date.
I mean sure I like them well enough to accept a date, and on paper sure they seem to fit the bill, good looking, common interests, goals and stability... but I just can't seem to find that urge to actually initiate a phone call or answer the plethora of phone calls they make or really invest much... so I usually end things on the 3rd date.

And I'm starting to get concerned.

I mean last night I had nothing to do so I go out to grab a beer at a local bar. I get hit on several times and lets say out of the 15 guys I actually let approach me, all of which were attractive and most of them my type, I didn't find any of them interesting enough to remember them today!

WTF? I want to really like someone and I can't

I think of my ex and when I first met him he really blew me away and no one has blown me away the way he has since... are we only given so many mind blowing encounters in a lifetime? Or maybe I just better keep my eyes open... has the world turned into hot yet mediocre men? Maybe I'm not over the ex and thus I'm sabotaging all my encounters? Eh maybe I should just stay home with the dog for a while...

Any commonality?

You can send all of those sexy guys over to me! I will make good use of them! !They have to be between ages 21-33.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:02 PM

122 posts, read 278,670 times
Sounds to me like you're still hung up on your ex. Maybe you should look for guys and not just wait for them to come to you. For a guy to just approach you to begin with takes a certain personality.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Don't worry about... someone will come along and KABOOOM! Like how that song goes it will "knock you down"... give it time... a lot of time, but it will happen...

Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
Take time to get over your ex first. You can't find THE ONE if he's still on your mind, because then you'll expect the men to be like him.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:48 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
"Are we only given so many mind blowing encounters in a lifetime?"

In a word, yes. Most people never have more than one or two such encounters. Let's face it, 99.9% of people we'll meet in life won't blow our minds, or anything else, for that matter. The trick is to meet someone that is mind blowing, get them to reciprocate your feelings and stay with them. That's a lot easier said than done. Even happily married people usually wouldn't describe their partner (after the newness wears off) as "mind blowing."

Old 03-23-2011, 04:52 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
So I've been dating but I can't seem to really like any guy that I date.
I mean sure I like them well enough to accept a date, and on paper sure they seem to fit the bill, good looking, common interests, goals and stability... but I just can't seem to find that urge to actually initiate a phone call or answer the plethora of phone calls they make or really invest much... so I usually end things on the 3rd date.

And I'm starting to get concerned.

I mean last night I had nothing to do so I go out to grab a beer at a local bar. I get hit on several times and lets say out of the 15 guys I actually let approach me, all of which were attractive and most of them my type, I didn't find any of them interesting enough to remember them today!

WTF? I want to really like someone and I can't

I think of my ex and when I first met him he really blew me away and no one has blown me away the way he has since... are we only given so many mind blowing encounters in a lifetime? Or maybe I just better keep my eyes open... has the world turned into hot yet mediocre men? Maybe I'm not over the ex and thus I'm sabotaging all my encounters? Eh maybe I should just stay home with the dog for a while...

Any commonality?

OP, can you please indicate whether you are actually a guy or not? It may change the answers somewhat, if you are looking for advice or commiseration (which you may or may not be).

I am a female. I say it right out.

Thanks.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:00 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
When my ex and I broke up I had no intention of getting involved in a relationship for the forseeable future. I had a busy social life and I really had a lot of fun during that time. Because I was not in the game so to speak, people were real with me, no BS. Because of that after two years I really fell in love with a lady that had been my good friend for over a year. WE were married in Feb. 1990 and we still have a great relationship today.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:42 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
OP, can you please indicate whether you are actually a guy or not? It may change the answers somewhat, if you are looking for advice or commiseration (which you may or may not be).

I am a female. I say it right out.

Thanks.
Well I'm not trying to hide it geez and I for one can't see how it makes a difference for the advice. I know all the advice I spew out in real life or on the web is applicable regardless of sexual identity or orientation...

That being said I am a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships