Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM

817 posts, read 810,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I love the shorties and the shorties love me. I've always had a thing for short guys.

The thing is the short guys are too aggressive. They are very high strung. It's not the height. It's his attitude. I'm not going to deal.

I would bang a short guy, but to keep him around for a long period...no sir.
Making blanket statements like these only make you appear like the fool you just made yourself here, there are aggressive people who are short, tall, fat, thin, blue eyed, black eyed, etc etc, see my point???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
It bothers me a lot when people have such a poor self image of themselves, especially when guys have issues with their height. I just encountered this thread, and it bothered me so much!!!!

Why?!? Why do women wear high heels? Why do women wear elaborate makeup? Why does women fashion garner so much money? Why do women get boob jobs?

People are driven to be found desirable, accepted and respected. Nothing new or of much to say other than people have settled on certain attributes that are considered more desirable than others. Cosmetic changes to appearance are at least reversible whereas medical changes can be dangerous to undertake. Understand first if the gain will out way the risks.

I find it all amusing.

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Quote:
I'm 5'10" and I couldn't date a woman who was 5'8" because I too would throw a fit if she wore heels -- I wouldn't want to put a woman through that. It's best just to stick to women who are 5'6" or shorter.
I hope for the sake of any women you date this is a joke. If not, the insecurity issues here boggle the mind.

The shallow mindset and superficiality of any woman who would refuse to date or marry a "short" man would be dead in the water if the 5'6 man in question was Tom Cruise, or had Cruise's money.

I'm 5'9 and that's pretty tall for a woman. Husband is 5'10 and I tower over him in heels. Neither of us gave a second thought to it. I don't feel "protected" just because some man is 6'3. I have never been attracted to tall men in my life and in fact, prefer shorter men. I would have had no trouble marrying a short man. Compatibilitty, character, shared interests and sense of humor is a helluva lot more important than whether he's 6'5.

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
I love the shorties and the shorties love me. I've always had a thing for short guys.

The thing is the short guys are too aggressive. They are very high strung. It's not the height. It's his attitude. I'm not going to deal.

I would bang a short guy, but to keep him around for a long period...no sir.
My antlers add height, I'm actually 10 feet tall

Old 03-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
My antlers add height, I'm actually 10 feet tall
Hahahaha

Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Making blanket statements like these only make you appear like the fool you just made yourself here, there are aggressive people who are short, tall, fat, thin, blue eyed, black eyed, etc etc, see my point???
OMGosh headhunter, calm yourself, buddy. Okay, MOST short guys. GEESH!

The above statement could be true, but I don't date tall, fat, thin, blue eyed, black eyed people. So, no I don't see your point.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:29 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
It always amazes me, when a tagless gutless terd DM me.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
OMGosh headhunter, calm yourself, buddy. Okay, MOST short guys. GEESH!

The above statement could be true, but I don't date tall, fat, thin, blue eyed, black eyed people. So, no I don't see your point.
Not surprising either

Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,755 times
Quote:
On the contrary, women who deny that a man's height is one of the key deciding factors in their selection of a man are merely being hypocritical and justifying their bias by attributing it to a lack of confidence/self esteem in the man, everything else being the same, most women, atleast the younger in demand women would go for the taller man, everything else being the same being the key here, and the shorter you go down from the average, the tougher it gets for the man.

I can provide you 100s of links corroborating this fact.
i'm not tall and i never had a problem. i think you're wrong here. when i was young i had my pick. i'm 5'8". it's you not your height

Old 03-25-2011, 10:43 AM

95 posts, read 227,959 times
Quote:
5'10" is average to good height for men in this nation, why the "only" prefix before it, sheesh, it's not like the national average for men is 6'3"

Also, your dad and mom both are 5'8", and you are 5'3", really? That's very very interesting
Oh no! No I was being really sarcastic about the 5'10" being short because I always was interested in taller guys and 5'10" really IS tall, particularly if you're 5'3"!. I definitely do not mean that that height is even remotely close to whatever people would consider to be "short." Sorry!

Yeah, I'm the family "stump" as my Mom would call me. My cousins are all 6', only two of the other girls are close to my height, and they're 5'6". I'm wee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships