Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 AM

543 posts, read 999,780 times

Advertisements

It bothers me a lot when people have such a poor self image of themselves, especially when guys have issues with their height. I just encountered this thread, and it bothered me so much!!!!

Height Surgery To Get Women.

I once was with a guy who's 5'6" and I'm 5'8". I couldn't care less about his height 'cause he had a nice job, money and was amazing in the sheets. Due to the military, we couldn't be together but I think about him from time to time.

My ex hub was 5'10", but despite of his perfect physique, he still though he was too short (and he was a taller than me!), and that his body wasn't good enough.

What killed my marriage? MY EX HUSBAND'S TERRIBLE SELF IMAGE!!!!!!

If I ever see again the first guy I mentioned, I would jump on him without hesitating!!!!!

Me, as a tall woman, height is very secondary. Plus, my maternal grandparents are like that; grandpa is only 5'4" and grandma is 5'10". They've been happily married for 45 years!

My current love interest is taller than me (by nine inches!), but I'm not with him 'cause of his height; I'm with him because he treats me right, and he doesn't brush in my face his lack of positive body image (he have issues with his acne and with his extra weight the same way my ex hub with his height) to me every time we argue about trivial stuff. Somebody who makes me feel good is more important than something as secondary as physical appearance.

Ah, to finish; I've been rejected many times by shorter guys. Reason? They have issues with their height and do not like women who are taller than them. I mean, that has been hurtful 'cause they have made it seem like I've with them just 'cause I feel sorry for them, not because they've been amazing lovers (all the shorties I've been with have been great in the sack).

In other words; height is secondary, because trust, understanding and great sex are far more important than physique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 06:44 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
First off, not every woman is like you and the majority of women find height to be an issue in the very initial stages of determining compatibility with a man.

Secondly, most people who complain or struggle with dating think that it is either something they should be entitled to or SHOULD be married by a certain age in their life.....if they aren't then they start freaking out. With this freakout, people tend to associate their lack of "success" at dating to one physical or uncontrollable trait as to displace blame or responsibility on ones self.

Basically, rather than look in the mirror and change who they are as a person and adapt, they'd rather choose one thing as their reason as it helps them cope with their brash reasoning that they should be married or on their way to a marriage via relationship.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
This is the first I've ever heard of this. Of course I've heard the Napolean Complex but I'm not sure a guy who's 5'10'' fits that description lol

Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 AM

543 posts, read 999,780 times
^If I would wear heels, which I do a lot, he'd throw a fit!

Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Default Why some guys make such a big deal about their height?!

Short guys often get rejected because of their height. Pretty simple stuff.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
^If I would wear heels, which I do a lot, he'd throw a fit!
I'm 5'10" and I couldn't date a woman who was 5'8" because I too would throw a fit if she wore heels -- I wouldn't want to put a woman through that. It's best just to stick to women who are 5'6" or shorter.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 AM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Very true, unfortunately, most women here kid themselves that it isn't so, while it is so, and when I pointed it out in another thread, one poster started attacking me about it

Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
/thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:44 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,703 times
I've read where women say they want to feel protected by their man and if he's short it's a mental thing where they don't feel protected.

Also, short guys are like mid major schools sports programs. They often get no recognition and have to go above and beyond the expectations that a so called normal height guy has. Short guys get picked on when growing up. Doesn't make it right, just makes it so.

If a short guy can truly get over the point of being short and rather go with the perception that he's just a guy the problem wouldn't exist. Stigma be darned.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
It bothers me a lot when people have such a poor self image of themselves, especially when guys have issues with their height. I just encountered this thread, and it bothered me so much!!!!

Height Surgery To Get Women.

I once was with a guy who's 5'6" and I'm 5'8". I couldn't care less about his height 'cause he had a nice job, money and was amazing in the sheets. Due to the military, we couldn't be together but I think about him from time to time.

My ex hub was 5'10", but despite of his perfect physique, he still though he was too short (and he was a taller than me!), and that his body wasn't good enough.

What killed my marriage? MY EX HUSBAND'S TERRIBLE SELF IMAGE!!!!!!

If I ever see again the first guy I mentioned, I would jump on him without hesitating!!!!!

Me, as a tall woman, height is very secondary. Plus, my maternal grandparents are like that; grandpa is only 5'4" and grandma is 5'10". They've been happily married for 45 years!

My current love interest is taller than me (by nine inches!), but I'm not with him 'cause of his height; I'm with him because he treats me right, and he doesn't brush in my face his lack of positive body image (he have issues with his acne and with his extra weight the same way my ex hub with his height) to me every time we argue about trivial stuff. Somebody who makes me feel good is more important than something as secondary as physical appearance.

Ah, to finish; I've been rejected many times by shorter guys. Reason? They have issues with their height and do not like women who are taller than them. I mean, that has been hurtful 'cause they have made it seem like I've with them just 'cause I feel sorry for them, not because they've been amazing lovers (all the shorties I've been with have been great in the sack).

In other words; height is secondary, because trust, understanding and great sex are far more important than physique.
ok let's face it, some women care about height. my wife actually prefers short, stocky/muscular men. i'm 5'8" and her ex is about 5'6". She's 5'6" so when she wears heels she's taller than i am. Some women like tall men and that's all. i think most women are smart enough to keep their options open until they get to know a guy.

i think it's more about how you carry yourself and how confident you are. i might only be 5'8" but i know people don't consider me small. i may be on the short side but i darn sure ain't little and i'm not intimidated by people bigger than i am.

so anyway you just have to be yourself and have confidence and if you do you will attract women. there will be a percentage of women that wont even look at you but that's their loss and you can't dwell on that. dwell on the women that are looking for a good man regardless of their size. good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships