Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 AM

445 posts, read 864,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I'm natural and still take care of myself. I have always gone to the dentist and have perfect teeth that are straight and white. I workout as much as I can what I don't already get at work. I don't wear fancy clothes or shave my chest, legs, arms are anything like that. I do shower, brush my teeth, shave, and wear deodorant daily. I also always have clean clothes at least before I leave the house in them. They don't stay that way for long.
What do you do to get your clothes dirty
so quickly? Do you caught in a mudslide on the way to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 06:45 AM

859 posts, read 2,828,667 times
I understand what you're saying. There is something about the average girl that peeks our interest. I want to say it has something to do with the fact that they tend to be more realistic and grounded. They also seem to be more approachable.

If there is one thing in this world I just don't understand it's womens need to pile on tons of makeup, dress up in flashy cloths and parade themselves around. I understand that this can be an ego boost but the reality is they are fake and attracting attention from guys that are just as fake or worse.

Several years ago there was a girl that worked at a local grocery store. She was a tall blond that was a little on the thick side. Not fat, chunky or any of those other words. In my opinion just right.
She was a checker and for work she would pile on the makeup and do her thing. She was very pretty but you could tell the makeup was just an act. I saw her one afternoon at a pet store and said hi. The first thing I noticed was that she wasn't wearing any makeup and she was the cutiest girl I've ever seen. We talked for a while and I got her number. We went to lunch a couple of times and I mentioned how I liked her natural without makeup and how pretty her face is and it shouldn't be covered up. I saw her in the store again about a week later and the makeup was gone. She told me she was getting hit on all the time now without the makeup and couldn't understand why it never happened before.

About a month went by and we ended up dating. At one point shortly after we started dating we had a conversation and she told me the number one reason she dated me is she didn't feel the need to be fake with me. She was the type that would dress up if we went somewhere but otherwise she was a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl. Just my type. Unfortunately she moved away due to family illness. We still talk once in a while but I haven't seen her in years.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
May sound strange, but I have noticed time and again that normal women are somehow more interesting and cuter than all those divas with their perfect faces and bodies. I live in a very down-to-earth region of a rather poor country. Women here often smell of the lunch they have prepared instead of Chanel #5. One woman working at a supermarket here has amazing canines, almost a bit like Dracula, but when she smiles she is just so cute Other women have soft hair on their forearms, and it doesn't matter at all somehow. Many have excess pounds, but don't seem to bother. They are who they are and don't try to be anything else.

When I watch one of those TV series from the capital it often strikes me how different those women there are, both in terms of looks and what kind of woman they promote. I had such a girlfriend a long time ago, and it was over pretty fast, there was just no real connection. Just smelling her perfume was so sterile somehow.

So, what's more appealing, the natural or the metropolitan type?
Wow!

You need to get laid. When you start talking about a womans arm hair and how beautiful it is. Yeah...you need to get you some.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:12 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
I understand what you're saying. There is something about the average girl that peeks our interest. I want to say it has something to do with the fact that they tend to be more realistic and grounded. They also seem to be more approachable.

If there is one thing in this world I just don't understand it's womens need to pile on tons of makeup, dress up in flashy cloths and parade themselves around. I understand that this can be an ego boost but the reality is they are fake and attracting attention from guys that are just as fake or worse.

Several years ago there was a girl that worked at a local grocery store. She was a tall blond that was a little on the thick side. Not fat, chunky or any of those other words. In my opinion just right.
She was a checker and for work she would pile on the makeup and do her thing. She was very pretty but you could tell the makeup was just an act. I saw her one afternoon at a pet store and said hi. The first thing I noticed was that she wasn't wearing any makeup and she was the cutiest girl I've ever seen. We talked for a while and I got her number. We went to lunch a couple of times and I mentioned how I liked her natural without makeup and how pretty her face is and it shouldn't be covered up. I saw her in the store again about a week later and the makeup was gone. She told me she was getting hit on all the time now without the makeup and couldn't understand why it never happened before.

About a month went by and we ended up dating. At one point shortly after we started dating we had a conversation and she told me the number one reason she dated me is she didn't feel the need to be fake with me. She was the type that would dress up if we went somewhere but otherwise she was a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl. Just my type. Unfortunately she moved away due to family illness. We still talk once in a while but I haven't seen her in years.
Maybe girls and women just grow up thinking make-up is a must, and if they don't wear any, people might think there is something missing about her.

Sorry she had to move away

Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Wow!

You need to get laid. When you start talking about a womans arm hair and how beautiful it is. Yeah...you need to get you some.
I didn't say how beautiful it is. My point is that the media propagate norms and standards that just don't apply to most people. One of them being that any body hair is terrible or even disgusting etc. And that's just not the case. When a girl or woman is cute something superficial such as a little body hair or a few excess pounds won't change anything about that.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
May sound strange, but I have noticed time and again that normal women are somehow more interesting and cuter than all those divas with their perfect faces and bodies. I live in a very down-to-earth region of a rather poor country. Women here often smell of the lunch they have prepared instead of Chanel #5. One woman working at a supermarket here has amazing canines, almost a bit like Dracula, but when she smiles she is just so cute Other women have soft hair on their forearms, and it doesn't matter at all somehow. Many have excess pounds, but don't seem to bother. They are who they are and don't try to be anything else.

When I watch one of those TV series from the capital it often strikes me how different those women there are, both in terms of looks and what kind of woman they promote. I had such a girlfriend a long time ago, and it was over pretty fast, there was just no real connection. Just smelling her perfume was so sterile somehow.

So, what's more appealing, the natural or the metropolitan type?

I honestly don't know how to really respond to this. I enjoy a bit of eye candy every once in a while, but in my experience it's followed by perfume I can't stand (why is it that pretty girls often wear horrible perfume?), or lack of things in common, or personality traits that don't quite mesh with mine.

On the other hand, in getting a bit older and more mature I've come to want the attainable instead of the unattainable. I'm not looking for a supermodel, a 10k Sq.F mansion on a hilll, or a stable full of prancing-pony Ferraris in the garage. What I really want is someone who is slightly above average in looks (like a 7-8 on a scale of ten, whatever, shoot me), cute but not necessarily "hot", with a decent job, that I can hold a conversation with and won't bleed my bank account dry with useless purchases or anything.

Unfortunately, this kind of "normal" is difficult to find at my age, and I understand that... but what I have noticed is that it's harder to find as I go on, because all the good ones get taken

Old 07-29-2011, 10:15 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
There's a corollary thought, best said by Jeff Goldblum: "I've gotten to the point in life where simple competence is a turn-on."
I just find this quote funny as he is a notorious cradle robber of hotties.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:35 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Everyones description of what a normal woman is will be different. I can see the attraction of what I would call "Normal Woman". In my case she would be white or black, probably would have a pleasant face, a little curvy, a liitle shorter than average, nice smile even if not perfect, not afraid to get her hands dirty working on a car or quad.

Normal is the new Unique!

Old 07-29-2011, 07:20 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,055 times
All I know is that I think the title of this thread would be a cool book title!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships