Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times

Advertisements

A great many of the children I work with have autism spectrum disorders. Quite a few of them are also adopted. In some cases, the diagnosis came prior to adoption. In the case of others, the adoptive parents have had the child from infancy, before the indicators of autism would be readily apparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:54 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You have no experience in life, you have never been in love, never had a committed relationship and never left home.

Sorry kiddo, you have nothing to base any life long decisions on.
Oh dear, I'm surprised he didn't correct you on that statement with a typical response along the lines of, "Well obviously you haven't read my posts, but as most people know, I'm now living a few thousand miles away from home attending university and living in a dorm". Supported by his parents in toto and miffed at them because they won't buy him a car ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
At least you admitted you're wrong.
Language subtleties never fail to confuse you, kiddo.

Quote:
So you're saying I don't have the life experience to decide I don't want kids, but you think I should want kids
Once again you show a distinct lack of reading comprehension as that was not what was said at all.

Quote:
A lot of the posters have a hard time understanding just how life-ruining a kid can be.
Wrong again. You continuously state the obvious, are boringly repetitious in stating and restating your particular beliefs and every thread you contribute to ends up being all about you.

By the way, at least one quarter of the total posts on this thread emanate from you. The thread asked a simple question which you have answered. You really are a funny little fellow and so set in your ways at such a very tender age when so much is ahead of you.

To the OP, your profile pic is lovely and the little glitch you're currently going through is nothing to worry about at all. Trust me, there are many men out there who look forward to having children and enjoying a healthy relationship.

Two in particular come to mind just in my little neck of the woods and both very recently. Both are successful professionals in their early thirties and unmarried.

Man "A" is finally a pretty successful attorney here. Some people thought he might be gay because he initially roomed with someone who was gay. He recently met someone who's a fellow attorney he met on a stateside business trip. She came down here a couple of times after that, fell for "Mr A", has just moved here and they're like two little lovebirds. I see wedding bells and children in their future!

Man "B" is very quiet and very shy. Employed by a Federal agency, he works very hard and enjoys his time here but hankers for more wide open spaces than those afforded here apart from in open water. He's one of the nicest young men I've met and, were I many years younger, I'd hang my hat next to his any time. He likewise would love to meet "the right one" and raise a family. They're not unique.

I've seen raucous bar hoppers and womanizers who swore they'd never have kids turn into virtual pussycats once they met the right person. One and two children later they're exemplary parents and dedicated husbands.

There are many men out there who look forward to having a solid relationship and having children but I'm guessing that by this time you've realized that you've opened up a Pandora's box by posting such a query.

As many logically sane and experienced posters who respond to threads such as yours there's a multitude of very dysfunctional "advisors" on this forum. I hope you can sift the wheat from the chaff. Cheers, dear!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Yes, I would like to have offspring of my own someday, and possibly get married, but I'm a bit young for that stuff for my own tastes. I don't want kids or marriage until I've got a decent job and my own place and whatnot.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:07 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,103 times
There are so many dangers that come with having children.

The population & world condition shave to be right too.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh dear, I'm surprised he didn't correct you on that statement with a typical response along the lines of, "Well obviously you haven't read my posts, but as most people know, I'm now living a few thousand miles away from home attending university and living in a dorm". Supported by his parents in toto and miffed at them because they won't buy him a car ...
1. I'm not living a few thousand miles away from home. A few is 3. I'm living 2 thousand miles away from home.
2. I don't live in a dorm.
3. It's not that they won't buy me a car. They bought me a car in high school. But they didn't let me take it to college.

Funny how you think you know so much about me, but you don't.

And the point is even though my parents support me, there's a difference between me and someone that is truly living at home.

Quote:
Language subtleties never fail to confuse you, kiddo.
I knew she wasn't serious (because she thinks she was right). But she was actually wrong. So I applauded her for admitting she was wrong (even though she was jokingly saying she was wrong).

Quote:
Once again you show a distinct lack of reading comprehension as that was not what was said at all.
That's exactly what she said. She said there are normal young adults on this forum that want kids. And she said it's not normal for me to not want kids because she thinks I don't have enough life experience to make that decision.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:41 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
1. I'm not living a few thousand miles away from home. A few is 3. I'm living 2 thousand miles away from home.
2. I don't live in a dorm.
3. It's not that they won't buy me a car. They bought me a car in high school. But they didn't let me take it to college.

Funny how you think you know so much about me, but you don't.

And the point is even though my parents support me, there's a difference between me and someone that is truly living at home.

I knew she wasn't serious (because she thinks she was right). But she was actually wrong. So I applauded her for admitting she was wrong (even though she was jokingly saying she was wrong).

That's exactly what she said. She said there are normal young adults on this forum that want kids. And she said it's not normal for me to not want kids because she thinks I don't have enough life experience to make that decision.
You are indeed such a funny little fellow and your response was exactly as I surmised it would be. You don't live in a dorm on campus? Mea culpa! I thought you did, based on your previous posts. The predictability was right on target. Good night, kiddo! Too bad you can't stay on topic where the OP's question is concerned. As usual all about you.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:15 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post

This.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:31 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post

Population issues are more of an issue in the third world than in countries like the US. Plus, the people who have ideological and social concerns for our world are more apt to raise children who will share those concerns than, say, someone who has had (or fathered) five kids out of wedlock and has been in and out of jail for meth possession over the years and is much more concerned with scoring - one way or the other - than the state of the world.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
I'm undecided, 50-50.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Lately it seems that I've met a few guys that unfortunately (for me) have had vasectomies.
My question is, are there any guys left out there that still want kids? (and get married?)
I want kids.. I just spoil my nephew instead...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships