Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,451,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
This is hardly a regular occurrence. If someone is a self made millionaire I'm sure no one will complain if he has 3 kids at a young age. The problem is not the actual age but that most people at that age are not able to support 1 child, let alone 3.
Not to mention the fact that times have changed and the expected maturity of people at certain ages has changed.

100 years ago, the purpose of a 19 year old was much different than the purpose of a 19 year old now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Not everything is about me. But in this case, I was the first to comment and the other 2 posters you quoted were simply responding to me. So in this case, what I said is the main focus.

"That is ridiculous" is an opinion.

And you gave examples of teen parents that made it. But I gave examples proving that not everyone can make it.

This is just common sense. I don't need a graph. What's easier? Going to college with a baby or going to college with no kids? The answer is obvious. People are more likely to do something if it's easier.

No matter how smart someone is, it's a challenge to go to college with a baby. And if she was truly smart, the teen would realize she's not fit to be a parent and get an abortion.
That is just totally ignorant and totally out of line.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:10 AM

So you're saying it's not a challenge to go to college with a baby?

Because you bolded that part

Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 AM

As a teen, I think my opinion means a lot when I say teens are unfit to be parents. I'm thinking about this from my point of view, and I'm a teenager.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,567,744 times
Quote:
This is just common sense. I don't need a graph.
I didn't say YOU needed a statistical graph, kiddo. It's common knowledge that you understand perfectly what you're saying but obviously the very fact that you have to repeat the same things over and over demonstrates that others aren't as clever as you where comprehension is concerned. Ergo, a graph may be helpful to some and thus save you from the chore of trying to come up with new and different ways of saying something which you hold true but which escapes others. My apologies for any misunderstanding.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I didn't say YOU needed a statistical graph, kiddo. It's common knowledge that you understand perfectly what you're saying but obviously the very fact that you have to repeat the same things over and over demonstrates that others aren't as clever as you where comprehension is concerned. Ergo, a graph may be helpful to some and thus save you from the chore of trying to come up with new and different ways of saying something which you hold true but which escapes others. My apologies for any misunderstanding.
Teen Link - Teen Pregnancy Prevention

11 Questions with a Teen Pregnancy Expert | Do Something

Teen Pregnancy Statistics

Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,567,744 times
No, kiddo - YOUR own graph to demonstrate YOUR opinion. The only statistical site you've linked is based on research over 10 years old.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
So you're saying it's not a challenge to go to college with a baby?

Because you bolded that part
You can repeat your deluded unknowledgeable OPINIONS all you want, but my own mother went to college after having 3 children and became quite sucessful. The family was in a good position and a good support system. Experience will trump your teenage deluded opinion.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 AM

3,973 posts, read 7,679,833 times
So, why is my simple post turning into a discussion about finances, whether you can afford kids, college, age, demographics, etc? I just simply asked lightheartedly if there were any single men out there who want kids? Seems to have gotten way off topic about 20 pages ago.

*and what is "being on the dole"? I've never heard this comment before?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You can repeat your deluded unknowledgeable OPINIONS all you want, but my own mother went to college after having 3 children and became quite sucessful. The family was in a good position and a good support system. Experience will trump your teenage deluded opinion.
Why don't you check out my links. They prove that it's harder (read: not impossible) to be successful if you're a teen parent.

So your mother was successful? I can give you way more examples of teen parents that aren't successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
No, kiddo - YOUR own graph to demonstrate YOUR opinion. The only statistical site you've linked is based on research over 10 years old.
I'm not going to waste my time making a graph just to prove a point.

The only statistical site? I linked 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships