Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM

513 posts, read 896,866 times

Advertisements

in theory, it would be nice. in reality, it would be HELL! think about it, when women are around each other a lot their cycles will often adjust so that they both get "that time of the month" around the same time. it is hard enough dealing with 1 wife suffering from PMS, let alone 2 of them! even worse is if they don't sync on the cycle, then you have at least a couple weeks out of every month to deal with one or the other of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liloulou View Post
And in Islam, it states that you must be able to treat the two women equally, emotionally and financially ...
In the Bible is a similar command. Every husband owes his wife her 'duty', every time that his first wife presents him with secondary wives the duty that he owes to his first wife never lessens.

A Jew/Christian can only marry a second wife when his first wife's needs are fulfilled.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:19 PM

122 posts, read 278,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babarry85 View Post
yes we are muslim even though I dont practice or know anything much about it (still trying to decide what i believe) ... my wife is devout and apparently this is allowed according to the qu'ran but it says something like "only do it if you can handle or treat all your wives well" ... me being the typical dude i just imagined two gorgeous ladies feeding me grapes on the bed, but i doubt people who actually do this co-mingle in that way *bummer*
Well from what I've heard there are advantages and disadvantages. You get more sex (theoretically), but on the other hand the wives tend to gang up on you in arguments.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:47 PM

334 posts, read 528,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
in theory, it would be nice. in reality, it would be HELL! think about it, when women are around each other a lot their cycles will often adjust so that they both get "that time of the month" around the same time. it is hard enough dealing with 1 wife suffering from PMS, let alone 2 of them! even worse is if they don't sync on the cycle, then you have at least a couple weeks out of every month to deal with one or the other of them!
That is such a myth!

Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 PM

513 posts, read 896,866 times
not really, i did not say it WILL i said it will often. whether it is due to time spent around each other or a fluke of nature, it does happen sometimes and if you were unfortunate enough to live with 2 wives who had PMS at the same time you would be begging for death each month! of course if the women are on the pill their timing won't adjust, but women on no medicinal form of BC can and often do go longer than the normal 28 day cycle and then may get right back on track at 28 days from the late/early cycle. this irregular timing can make it so that they get on the same timing, though odds are they would have been even if they weren't together all the time.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
two? doubtful. you need at least 4 to carry you on a sedan.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:18 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
I think sister wives or a polyaramous relationship would be great. I would want us all to share in sex. I don't like the idea of the man only having private sex with each woman.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 PM

122 posts, read 278,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I think sister wives or a polyaramous relationship would be great. I would want us all to share in sex. I don't like the idea of the man only having private sex with each woman.
By sister wives you don't mean biological sisters right? As for threesomes I don't think that is how traditional multiwife relationships have been. Recently however, in the western world, I think that most men who have two "wives" probably have threesomes.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:52 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ittiz View Post
By sister wives you don't mean biological sisters right? As for threesomes I don't think that is how traditional multiwife relationships have been. Recently however, in the western world, I think that most men who have two "wives" probably have threesomes.
No not bioligical sisters. I don't care about traditional multiwife relationships are at all...

Old 03-29-2011, 02:09 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
To the OP, if you have to be muslim you might as well get the good stuff that goes along with it to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships