U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 PM

42 posts, read 106,045 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are both in our late 20's and been married for 4 years. Honestly, there's not a day that passes by where I am happy that I've married that man! I didn't get any "surprise" the next day after the wedding. He is still the same loving, affectionate, supportive , romantic guy that Ive dated.
We do pretty much EVERYTHING together (especially that we've moved to a new state a year ago and we still haven't made any friends).
Well, the other day I was catching up with my cousins (3 way conversation line) when we started talking about sex and I got a little bit self conscious. They were talking about how they do it "every" night and how you shouldn't do it less than 6 times a week! . My hubby and I don't have any kids yet so we wouldn't say that we have a crazy schedule but one thing is for sure we don't have sex "every night".

I don't consider myself being a very sexual person as I've calmed down from my wild teenage years but I do love sex! We do it at least 7-10 times a month but he gets oral sex almost every day ( very convenient when I want him to go to sleep fast so I can get the TV all for myself!).
Now judging by this conversation and what I see on TV I'm wondering if our relationship is "normal" on a sexual standard. I think if he was unhappy sexually he would have let me know (he's pretty vocal about stating his concerns).. and there's no way he's cheating on me, we are working together!.

So is my relationship normal? Should we be having sex more? I'm sexually happy and I think he is too! Do married people really have sex every night? Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM

10,890 posts, read 13,552,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
he gets oral sex almost every day ( very convenient when I want him to go to sleep fast so I can get the TV all for myself!).
LOL what show are you trying to watch?!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:34 PM

5,322 posts, read 8,360,735 times
Sounds to me like you've achieved a satisfactory arrangement. He's far from deprived, and you seem happy with the arrangement. Don't worry about what's not broken!

"Average" (which includes the x times per day people and the 1 time per year - or less!) is about 3 times a week, more if you're younger, less if you're older. You're in the ballpark.

But yes, some married people have sex almost every day, or even more.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 PM

9,594 posts, read 17,171,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElizabeth View Post
My husband and I are both in our late 20's and been married for 4 years. Honestly, there's not a day that passes by where I am happy that I've married that man! I didn't get any "surprise" the next day after the wedding. He is still the same loving, affectionate, supportive , romantic guy that Ive dated.!
Typo I hope? No, I'd say you're normal and if you guys are both happy then that's all that counts.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,000,505 times
Every couple is different - try not to compare yourself to other couples. As long as you are both happy and satisfied - that's all that's important. Some guys have crazy high sex drives, as do some women. They probaby have sex more often than people that have normal sex drives. Some people have lower sex drives. As long as you and your husband are compatible and are on the same page - nothing else really matters.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 PM

2,650 posts, read 2,600,568 times
Little yellow mental sticky note "Find out what TV show this is and make sure during next relationship to be bothering the SO at that time."

Old 03-28-2011, 08:49 PM

2,412 posts, read 4,517,781 times
I love this, so does my boyfriend we met on.........ohh sorry, not an AOL board.

Your husband is having sex 6-7 times a week. Whether one wants to go the Bill Clinton route or not. He's getting off 6-7 times a week. So when you say "we don't have sex " 'every night' " that's not entirely true...YOU don't have sex every night, but he does! The big test comes for you, I think, during re-run season. "Hey baby, you gonna get me off?" Not tonight, I've already seen this episode of House!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:50 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,556,091 times
I like the oral sex lull to sleep part

(picks up the phone, I need some serious talking to do)

Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 PM

2,024 posts, read 3,631,566 times
I think normal is a relative term. As long as it works for you and you both are happy why care what others do?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM

3,160 posts, read 6,939,526 times
Quote:
I'm sexually happy and I think he is too
Then what on earth is the problem? You're an adult, you haven't figured out years ago that people lie about their frequency of sex? The two areas where people lie the most are by far sex and money.

Remember the old adage, "those who do, DO. Those who don't, TALK."

You need to ask yourself why you care what others do and need confirmation you're "normal." Any man that gets a BJ every night is doing damn well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships