Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Was just wondering, as this happened last night.

Of course the logical thing is ignore them and move along, but at the moment, you want to grill them back. It really irritates me with the lack of respect people have checking out my girl right in front of me.

What do you do when a group of guys, in my case younger thugs are in front of you looking back at you and your girl. What do you guys usually do, stare back at them, ask what they are looking at, or just ignore them, wait if they get confrontational.
Grill 'em back and take it from there.

This happened a few months ago. If I need to throw a comment at them, I will. If I need to throw an attitude at them, I will. And if I need to throw the guy up against a brick wall and then onto the pavement in front of his buddies, that's fine, too.

If someone's just looking, then I don't really care. I look. We all look. It's natural. You can look at a guy's girl and make him feel like he owns the world if you do it respectfully. This guy had the lack of foresight to make a comment to my girlfriend while her arm was through mine, so if he ended up looking like a ***** for it in front of all his buddies, then that's just him learning a lesson about manners he should have learned a few years ago.

It's like... sure, dude. You're a typical San Franciscan financial district doofus in your late 20's who hired a style consultant to make you look like you just stepped off the cover of GQ. I'm a 6'2 goon with glasses and a greatcoat over 501's and a pair of Doc Martens who looks like he just stepped off the loading dock, and just so happens, by some total fluke of happenstance, to have a tiny, hot Asian girl in heeled boots clacking along next to me. You leer at the hot little piece of Viet-tail as we're walking up and make a lewd comment to her. What do you think is going to happen??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 05:27 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
here's what you do. Make an "OK" sign with one hand, then take you're pointer finger and poke it in and out. Then wink at them while nodding towards your girlfriend.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:10 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,344 times
All sorts of advice here. Thanks again.

I also remembered another time I got into an altercation, which is perhaps why this time I wondered more so what I would do.

Last time we were at a bar/club at the side of the room when a few guidos thought it would be funny to cause trouble and walk up behind her and start grinding. Pushed them off real quick but someone broke it up before it escalated to punches. Almost wish I would have laid one into him and make him reconsider his manners.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:01 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
If I'm with my girl and a group of dudes were checking her out, I wouldn't mind. I'd tell them "You wish you had game to pull a woman like mine." But if they start hitting on my woman, I would be obligated as her man to be her protector. Tell them sternly to back off and if they don't get the hint and one of them throws the first lick, I will go Michael Jai White on them. Problem solved.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
If I'm with my girl and a group of dudes were checking her out, I wouldn't mind. I'd tell them "You wish you had game to pull a woman like mine." But if they start hitting on my woman, I would be obligated as her man to be her protector. Tell them sternly to back off and if they don't get the hint and one of them throws the first lick, I will go Michael Jai White on them. Problem solved.

I like you Northside. You remind me alot of me when I was younger...lol. I personally think that you got my age all wrong. But come on dude, you know as well as I do that if you feel something is going to go down, light him up. Don't wait for them to throw the first punch. You sound like some of my boys I hang with. They are pretty tough dudes and you sound very east coast in your slang. Everything you've said and the way you speak are things me and my homeboys say. Ok, I'll admit, I am dropping back a few years on my slang, because I am trying real hard to change my ways. I know it sounds like a contradiction to everything I've already said. But I hate jail. Put someone like me in jail and I'll never get out. Assault after assault after assault. I'd go in for simple assault and come out twenty five years later. So for me, I have to change. I don't like being caged up.

You sound so much like me, you might want to reconsider some things too. You notice my name Supermanpansy. It was actually a joke. You wouldn't believe how many people thought I was que r. Not that theres anything wrong with that but I'm definately not. Anyhow, I tried to explain to many that it was a joke. It's like saying hotuglyduckling. However, I've had some what I deemed as weak, geeky guys use that name against me if they didn't agree with me and I sit back and laugh and think if you only knew. I thought about changing it, because people were confusing me with fruityness, gayness, you get the idea. But as I thought about it. I said who the heck cares what anyone thinks about me. No one really knows anyone on here, so anyone can really say anything. However, every now and then you can spot someone who is real. Heck for a while there, I would put name is not a reflection of sexual identity or character.

Blunty put, If I had just put superman, I would have been construed as egotistical, arrogant, etc. Which I'll admit, I have some of those traits. It's just because I know what I can do and what my capabilities are. Sometimes telling the truth doesn't win you a popularity contest, but it is what it is. I tried the humble card and it just was too fake. I think you know what I mean. Sometimes you just got to say what's what and who cares what others might think. But bro, I think I got you in age. But then again, I don't know. I am definately not some young gun twenty something.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Meh, the one time a guy actually gropped my chick is that one time he was a big MF compared to me and I did land on my ass from him. But guys being that much of a dick is rare, at least from what I have seen.

Most of the time another guy will just look and that isn't a problem. A couple times when I went to the bar to get a drink some smuck tried to move in but once I came back he just slithered off so that isn't a problem.

In my time I have been in or played at from nice clubs to biker bars and never seen that much of a problem.

However when ever I did see a fight start even when they took it outside usually the tender called the cops, I guess they saw it as protecting the establishments interests because even outside in the parking lot it is still their property and everyone is sue happy.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I like you Northside. You remind me alot of me when I was younger...lol. I personally think that you got my age all wrong. But come on dude, you know as well as I do that if you feel something is going to go down, light him up. Don't wait for them to throw the first punch. You sound like some of my boys I hang with. They are pretty tough dudes and you sound very east coast in your slang. Everything you've said and the way you speak are things me and my homeboys say. Ok, I'll admit, I am dropping back a few years on my slang, because I am trying real hard to change my ways. I know it sounds like a contradiction to everything I've already said. But I hate jail. Put someone like me in jail and I'll never get out. Assault after assault after assault. I'd go in for simple assault and come out twenty five years later. So for me, I have to change. I don't like being caged up.

You sound so much like me, you might want to reconsider some things too. You notice my name Supermanpansy. It was actually a joke. You wouldn't believe how many people thought I was que r. Not that theres anything wrong with that but I'm definately not. Anyhow, I tried to explain to many that it was a joke. It's like saying hotuglyduckling. However, I've had some what I deemed as weak, geeky guys use that name against me if they didn't agree with me and I sit back and laugh and think if you only knew. I thought about changing it, because people were confusing me with fruityness, gayness, you get the idea. But as I thought about it. I said who the heck cares what anyone thinks about me. No one really knows anyone on here, so anyone can really say anything. However, every now and then you can spot someone who is real. Heck for a while there, I would put name is not a reflection of sexual identity or character.

Blunty put, If I had just put superman, I would have been construed as egotistical, arrogant, etc. Which I'll admit, I have some of those traits. It's just because I know what I can do and what my capabilities are. Sometimes telling the truth doesn't win you a popularity contest, but it is what it is. I tried the humble card and it just was too fake. I think you know what I mean. Sometimes you just got to say what's what and who cares what others might think. But bro, I think I got you in age. But then again, I don't know. I am definately not some young gun twenty something.
When I light someone up in a fight, I'm liable to take it too far to the point where I might end up killing someone. I can't have that on my heart. My environment (hood) warrants me having to fight when necessary and when I do, it's a wrap. Some things I'll let go, but if you lay your hand on me, I will lay you out with a one-hitter quitter (It's a blow that packs such power and devastation that your opponent can't respond)

Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
I guess you'll have to start taking her out to better places where men are more discrete. Having a beautiful lady can be a burdensome thing….sigh

Old 04-01-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I guess you'll have to start taking her out to better places where men are more discrete. Having a beautiful lady can be a burdensome thing….sigh
It definitely can. You can look, but don't touch. Otherwise, you'll get your face broke off.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
People checking out your guy/girl it is not necessarily a bad thing unless they crossed the line to try to disrespect him/her, try to snatch him/her away from your arms or something.

Maybe the guys that were checking out my girl in Cancun, Mexico, were either not used to seeing Asians, she is attractive, or both reasons. But they didn’t do anything that I would necessarily consider “crossing the line”. When we were on the boat, they heard me speak some Spanish. I forgot what it was, I think someone was asking me for the time. “Dude, you speak Spanish too?!” they were not that bad. It was a pleasant boat trip to an island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships