Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
In my experience, the ladies who get called ******* are usuallly just women who have zero tolerance for BS, and are completely comfortable with being disliked.
This. I've been called all kinds of fun names by men because I won't put up with their BS and I simply do not allow drama into my life. My life is pretty fantastic, I'm self sufficient, I have a great job and amazing friends and thee is no way I'm bringing a man into my life who BSes me.

Plus, I'm fairly aggressive and I pursue what I want... If thy makes me a bit h, than so be it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 12:34 PM

63 posts, read 115,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
However, there is no level of b*tchy female behavior that men find attractive. I have never seen anything to indicate that any man wants that, even in miniscule levels. I've never seen men who were drawn to it; I've only seen men who tolerate it, if she has some other qualities that make up for her attitude.
Bingo.

Being attracted to a girl's nasty attitude, and tolerating it are two completely different things. And unless her attitude changes fundamentally, these relationships never last over the long term.

"It doesn't matter how hot a girl is - somewhere, some guy is tired of her bullsh*t."

Old 03-29-2011, 05:43 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merce79 View Post
Have you never noticed that men seem to like the women that are like this? Is it because they like the control and need to please a women? I understand being a strong women but my personality just isnt like that. I can be one but it takes alot!
Maybe its because he likes a strong willed woman, and it works out best for them.
Maybe for some men, they want her to be a "B" so they don`t have to take that handle in life. They can watch behind the scenes, and not step up to the plate!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:49 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
I'd rather be called a B.... than a princess.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 PM

63 posts, read 115,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
I'd rather be called a B.... than a princess.
You can be both. They aren't mutually exclusive ya know.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelike View Post
You can be both. They aren't mutually exclusive ya know.
ha ha true. I haven't been called either (well not that I am aware of)

Old 03-29-2011, 06:39 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Have you never noticed that men seem to like the women that are like this? Is it because they like the control and need to please a women? I understand being a strong women but my personality just isnt like that. I can be one but it takes alot!
Me too and when I do make the effort the men I encounter don't like it and call me 'B'--then I don't like that and wish I hadn't tried so hard.

I seem to do better with the quirky, funny, nice style--when comes naturally.

Nellie McKay --Just Walking My Dog>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2kS6Q2pgJ8

Old 03-29-2011, 06:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
That's just not true. And if my husband ever said it was - I'd kick him in the you know what so hard that he'd see stars for a week. Now - I gotta go yell at the hubby for being slow to massage my feet and bring me some ice cream. A woman's work is never done...

Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,107 times
Quote:
Most don't start that way. It's after they have their foot in the door. The ones who are that way right off the bat don't have a prayer.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Men do not like b*tches, per se. Men like women who are hot, and women who are hot have far more leeway to be b*tches, and get away with it.

i'm positive i'll get flamed by someone for this, but i don't think it is as simple as an apples to apples comparison.

in my opinion, women are actually attracted to a small level of "jerk" behavior , coming from men. It's a balance, no question, but nobody can sit here and tell me that women aren't attracted to jerks, and have me take them seriously, because I've seen way too much that contradicts that story. I've seen average men draw in very attractive women, on the basis of sheer dominating, controlling, ass hole behavior alone.

However, there is no level of b*tchy female behavior that men find attractive. I have never seen anything to indicate that any man wants that, even in miniscule levels. I've never seen men who were drawn to it; I've only seen men who tolerate it, if she has some other qualities that make up for her attitude.
One of my favorite topics--'What do men want?'
I think men do like the 'Queen Bee' types--they marry the nice girls, potentially competent to run a household, nurture children and all--the women that are 'Strong'--at times that does include being a bit of a 'B'---protective of the family/spouse. I suppose being 'hot' is part of the initial attraction---charming, fun to be around, happy and a Good person. A prize/treasure--the man must work to earn favors--sexual and otherwise--he knows he has won the Game.

'All Cats Are Gray in the Dark'--yes, men like sex and there are several kinds of women that might be 'freer'---very affluent and those who are not so attractive--'Needy'--the kind that men seek to avoid.

It gets very old--the mating game. I know that good relationships are based on common values and interests and respect for each other. When that has been sufficientlly established and there is a degree of emotional maturity and trust then intimacy develops.

If it is considered b*tchy to be self protective--then I tend to think that is the man's problem. What do I know--what do I know--

I know that I have to have some feelings about another person to want to be closely involved--just not worth the time otherwise. I suppose that could be considered controlling, hard or difficult--tired of repairing emotional damage from bad choices in all aspects of my life. Others seem to live differently--tougher, stronger or have better coping methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships