U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM

5,053 posts, read 2,913,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm sorry! I should have left onihC on ignore!!! I was doing so well for awhile! I told my husband about this thread and he thought it was funny! He says our wedding day was one of the best days of his life! I mean - sure he enjoyed Bama winning the national championship - but it wouldn't have meant anything if he didn't have me around, a sad Michigan alum, to gloat over!
I anwer your questions and points while you evade mine. No problem. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,441,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah, I know. I love these bitter guys mouthing off. They love to say that their attitude is a result of the way they've been treated in life, when the exact opposite is almost certainly true.
Funny enough, I haven't been impressed by most of the replies to OP's question, but I do think BajanYankee's conversation with dewdrop was quite comical, especially the comment about people being exceptionalists.

The only needed disclaimer to neutralize any hint of misandry/misogyny is humor. BajanYankee delivers on that with new and exciting ways to make his point. If only onihC could learn, If only.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 PM

3,098 posts, read 2,236,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
If only onihC could learn, If only.
If only he wasnt SOOOOO predictable

Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
If only he wasnt SOOOOO predictable
The "exceptionalists" was well said. Better than my "ok, sure, there are exceptions" .

Old 04-01-2011, 02:43 PM

3,098 posts, read 2,236,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The "exceptionalists" was well said. Better than my "ok, sure, there are exceptions" .
what makes you predictable is that on any thread concerning man vs women, where it may be percieved that the man has a disadvantage, you will post something about how women get everything and men get nothing, and how where you are from its better, women are so much nicer. It gets kind of old after a while is my point.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:44 PM

2,406 posts, read 4,782,450 times
I think my husband was just as, if not more, ecstatic to become engaged. He was the emotional one, always expressing his feelings lovingly. I was more the cool, calm, collected one. I don't think its all that uncommon.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
what makes you predictable is that on any thread concerning man vs women, where it may be percieved that the man has a disadvantage, you will post something about how women get everything and men get nothing, and how where you are from its better, women are so much nicer. It gets kind of old after a while is my point.
You see me and the same people in those threads just like other people are seen in certain subjects.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:47 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,032,506 times
Quote:
Michigan alum
Omg. I'm so sorry. I didn't know.

I'm horrible in situations like this. Never know what quite to say, except maybe...cheer up? Things are already looking better with Dick-Rod out of there.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:57 PM

16,520 posts, read 8,971,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Omg. I'm so sorry. I didn't know.

I'm horrible in situations like this. Never know what quite to say, except maybe...cheer up? Things are already looking better with Dick-Rod out of there.
I don't know... It's been a tough 3 years. The excitement of football season! Getting out my gameday jerseys! Reading up on our recruits and practice sessions! Putting on my lucky underwear! Thinking this year will be different! And then... losing to Ohio State. Again. And again. And again. At least it's better than losing to... to... to... Appalachian State. I can barely even say it! But that was more than three years ago. But it still hurts! Actually, it's been a tough many years - not just 3! My saving grace is that my senior year was when we won the National Championship and I was at that game!!! Incredible!!! But now... it's all just a distant memory... It's hard, I tell you, hard...

Old 04-01-2011, 03:30 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,032,506 times
Quote:
... It's hard, I tell you, hard...
Yeah, I hear ya. I used to post with a former player on another board. Dude was livid about what he saw as the evisceration of Michigan tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships