U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:36 PM

7,983 posts, read 5,740,639 times
"Finally got my El Camino running Who wants to go do burnouts down by the quarry???"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 02:42 PM

1,861 posts, read 1,279,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
"Finally got my El Camino running Who wants to go do burnouts down by the quarry???"
Now, that's one sexy accomplishment. I'm into vintage muscle cars myself.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 PM

15,723 posts, read 7,563,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Married to fate. In love with love.

I trace it back to the Eagles Super Bowl loss in 2005. I haven't been the same since.
So - that would be a no.

You want to talk bitter - I'm a Michigan fan. Have you seen our last few seasons? And yet - I can separate my sports life from my love life.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:50 PM

30 posts, read 45,024 times
Im a girl and would prefer to see the Redskins win a Superbowl (laugh if u must) then get married any day!!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:16 PM

27,595 posts, read 21,337,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Most women are going to be far more excited about the prospect of getting married and the ensuing wedding planning than men. I've yet to see a "GROOM" magazine in stores.

And please quit with the whining and the righteous indignation. Nearly all women are like this to varying degrees, and this ranges from women in divinity to school to women dancing on top of bars in DC nightclubs.
There are fat fetish magazines out there targeted at males. Does that mean every man secretly fantasizes about corpulent women? I mean, that is really bad logic.

Do you ever think that the reason the wedding magazines are targeted at women is because THEY are responsible for putting the wedding together? That THEIR families are responsible for organizing and paying for the event (traditionally)? Or are you too busy steeped in your ostensible chauvinism to actually think through cause and effect?

The fact is that you have a distorted and pretty screwed up view of women which very blatantly displays your attitude towards them...to the point where you wouldn't believe the truth if it took a crap on your head.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Women can agree that they do normally look for men who are above their level (higher income, better car, bigger house, etc. you name it) or at the very least someone at their same level, but not below. Are there exceptions? Of course. But those are just that, exceptions. Nothing wrong with that.
Sure. Because intelligence and humor and sophistication are more important to us than giant boobies.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 PM

1,321 posts, read 922,780 times
I didn't think anything could top the day I picked up my Corvette.

Then came the day I got to take it for a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I didn't think anything could top the day I picked up my Corvette.

Then came the day I got to take it for a lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

I just took delivery of my new GS convertible...fun times!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:44 AM

5,387 posts, read 4,094,487 times
happiest day of my life so far was quitting my job in preparation for my trip to Asia and going back to school.

Seriously. Not even a $120 speeding ticket could ruin that one.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 AM

9,444 posts, read 9,406,323 times
My husband was just as excited when we got engaged/married as me (if not more). Heck, he had waited a lot longer to make that step than me. If a man doesn't equally share the same excitement, there is something wrong there. He just shows it differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships