Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Social equiv for a man: Having a 3 foot turd and living to tell about his amazing accomplishment. And maybe there will a pic on FB.
Social equiv for a woman: dreaming about her fairy tale magical proposal night and wedding. Dedicating a whole album of pictures of her proposal night, her engagement ring in different angles, her wedding pictures, etc. And getting all hysterically happy about it as her long awaited dream finally became a reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Social equiv for a woman: dreaming about her fairy tale magical proposal night and wedding. Dedicating a whole album of pictures of her proposal night, her engagement ring in different angles, her wedding pictures, etc. And getting all hysterically happy about it as her long awaited dream finally became a reality.
I don't know of any of my friends that have had a long awaited dream of getting engaged. Falling in love - yes - getting engaged, no. The only albums I have seen of engagements were made by the men because they were so proud of what they had planned. They were beaming with pride about what they had done and they were so happy that things went as they hoped they would.

Who are these people that you are basing ALL of your opinions about women on? Do you even know any women??? I mean, honestly, my friends have been happier about finding their soul mates, getting promotions, and having children than they have been about their rings or their proposals.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:10 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Who are these people that you are basing ALL of your opinions about women on? Do you even know any women??? I mean, honestly, my friends have been happier about finding their soul mates, getting promotions, and having children than they have been about their rings or their proposals.
Frankly, I think he either hangs out with some low class people or just watches too much tv/movies and thinks that's real.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
frankly, i think he either hangs out with some low class people or just watches too much tv/movies and thinks that's real.
lol!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Frankly, I think he either hangs out with some low class people or just watches too much tv/movies and thinks that's real.

Like someone said, this is the place for "Exceptionalists" or something, right? "My friend married a short guy with no money...see? Not all women want a man with money" kind of thing

Quote:
Who are these people that you are basing ALL of your opinions about women on?

And you base your opinions on those around you. If women didn’t dream about these things all the jewelries would go broke already and it would just be pointless for a man to spend more than 3 months of his salary on a woman’s ring.

Quote:
I mean, honestly, my friends have been happier about finding their soul mates, getting promotions, and having children than they have been about their rings or their proposals.

Not sure if women cry hysterically happy when they get a promotion and get all emotional as when they see their guy go down on his knees what that shiny ring.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Like someone said, this is the place for "Exceptionalists" or something, right? "My friend married a short guy with no money...see? Not all women want a man with money" kind of thing

And you base your opinions on those around you. If women didn’t dream about these things all the jewelries would go broke already and it would just be pointless for a man to spend more than 3 months of his salary on a woman’s ring.

Not sure if women cry hysterically happy when they get a promotion and get all emotional as when they see their guy go down on his knees what that shiny ring.
You're funny. It's funny to hear people talk about things they don't understand.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
You're funny. It's funny to hear people talk about things they don't understand.
And repetition doesn't equal truth.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And repetition doesn't equal truth.
???
What have I been repeating?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:13 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
???
What have I been repeating?
You haven't, he has. I was agreeing with you.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You haven't, he has. I was agreeing with you.
Phew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships