Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times

Advertisements

...but if you're not looking, how will you know it's there?

I have a problem with that saying because, well, it doesn't apply to anything else. I don't get an "A" on an exam when I'm not trying for it, I don't get a promotion when I'm not trying for it. So why don't you get love when you try for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 06:28 PM

817 posts, read 809,289 times
What it means is that when you go around looking for it in a desperate manner, you would only find someone that's not exactly what you would be looking for, and you would settle anyway because you are desperate, however, without even trying, you wouldn't even be able to find anyone, so it's like, give it a shot and keep trying but don't become desperate to find love, that's what I believe it means.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM

946 posts, read 2,915,431 times
I guess it's because when you're not looking for it, you have a care-free attitide that attracts others to you. You're also not focused on finding that special one...so that means you don't really notice that you're not finding someone, because you're so busy with other things. It's all about the attitude that you project.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
What it means is that when you go around looking for it in a desperate manner, you would only find someone that's not exactly what you would be looking for, and you would settle anyway because you are desperate, however, without even trying, you wouldn't even be able to find anyone, so it's like, give it a shot and keep trying but don't become desperate to find love, that's what I believe it means.
And how about when you're looking but not in a desperate manner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I guess it's because when you're not looking for it, you have a care-free attitide that attracts others to you. You're also not focused on finding that special one...so that means you don't really notice that you're not finding someone, because you're so busy with other things. It's all about the attitude that you project.
But then if you're not looking for it, how are you gonna recognize it when it's there?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
And how about when you're looking but not in a desperate manner?

But then if you're not looking for it, how are you gonna recognize it when it's there?
If you are not desperate about it, and are just looking with an open mind, you would find something that would work for you, question is about how much you are willing to compromise on certain things, and how willing are you to wait a little longer for that someone should it mean you have to wait for a little longer than what you expect.

But yes, you should look for it, that much is sure.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 PM

946 posts, read 2,915,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm not sure if I understand your question. You recognize it because it's there. You know when you meet someone you click with.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:43 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,505 times
Well, I'm not looking for it at the moment, and I doubt I'll find it! When I'm not looking, I give off the leave me alone vibe. That is never attractive. I just stay focused and concentrate on what I'm doing. I won't notice you, I promise.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Well, I'm not looking for it at the moment, and I doubt I'll find it! When I'm not looking, I give off the leave me alone vibe. That is never attractive. I just stay focused and concentrate on what I'm doing. I won't notice you, I promise.
Me neither, I have been very happy being single for the past 4 years now, and busy with life and career, just thought that it was perhaps time for me to get back into the game, and that's what brought me into this forum to find out a few things before I get into the game, however, the opinions of a lot of people here have convinced me that I am perhaps best the way I am, no need to get into this useless game

Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Remind me to walk down the street wearing a blind fold tomorrow

lol

Old 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Me neither, I have been very happy being single for the past 4 years now, and busy with life and career, just thought that it was perhaps time for me to get back into the game, and that's what brought me into this forum to find out a few things before I get into the game, however, the opinions of a lot of people here have convinced me that I am perhaps best the way I am, no need to get into this useless game
Well, I don't know if it is totally useless, but I need some damn time to think! LOL Unlike others, I at least try to heal before getting CUT again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships