Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:19 PM

3 posts, read 6,584 times

Advertisements

Hello Darlin,

I think this is a great idea, when we are living together we seem to get to much of each other. Sleeping in separate bedrooms makes this so much more spicy and hot. You can each take turns visiting each other in your own bedrooms, kinda of like when you first dated. We must all have our own identity and alone time so that we can enjoy each other so much more. You Go more power to you.....

Classy Woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
My wife and I are part of the new trend of men and women sleeping in separate beds and rooms. I read somewhere that in an increasing number of marriages the couples are moving towards the peace and quiet of having their own bedrooms. I like it but am tired of people harassing us about it.

Much of the reason we sleep in separate rooms is insomnia. Neither of us sleep all that well and spend alot of time getting up and down, in and out of bed. Both of us also snore and would wake each other up if we were able to fall sleep. Regardless I like the privacy and time alone from my spouse.

If you look at American history, couples have only slept together in the same bed for the last 50 years. Before that they were in separate beds or rooms.

Have you read about all the couples who finally admit that they are sleeping apart because they love each other not because they had a fight?
This post just reminded me of Rickie and Lucy Ricardo... but didn't they sleep in the same room? Anyway, you need to sleep so, everyone should stop harassing you about it. It's not romantic but whose romantic when they sleep anyway...

Old 08-26-2007, 04:44 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Each to their own. If sleeping in separate beds helps with the zzzzzzzzs, then why not.

I like knowing the hubster is next to me though. Nothing like rolling over and flinging your arm over the one person who really makes me feel safe. We did, however, just buy a mattress that allows him to toss and turn without me being bounced all over the place!

I'm not a very good sleeper. When having one of those nights I just transplant myself onto the couch with my duvet.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
My wife and I are part of the new trend of men and women sleeping in separate beds and rooms........

If you look at American history, couples have only slept together in the same bed for the last 50 years. Before that they were in separate beds or rooms.
And if you go back another 100 years, it was 7 (or more) to a bed. No need for sex education in those days!

You've been watching too many period piece movies where the characters are from the upper class. The rest needed to stay warm at night and they didn't have servants to put wood in the fire.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:21 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
I ALWAYS prefer sleeping together. But if the guy's a snorer, sorry - one of us is gonna end up in another room. I simply can't sleep with someone snoring beside me. Luckily my last 2 relationships have been with very quiet sleepers!!

Old 12-09-2009, 01:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,891 times
THANK YOU THANK YOU. Because of you I will sleep in my bed with a smile, on my face. My soul mate and I are perfectly normal. This has been going on for the past 9 months, I thought we were weird or something. Not being clear on this truth, made me a little scared. -- Thankful for a restful sleep.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,040 times
Am I the only crazy person in the world that likes snoring? My husband snores, but I find it very comforting. He is there. The noise kind of lulls me to sleep. Weird I guess...but I would miss it if he weren't there.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:44 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Am I the only crazy person in the world that likes snoring? My husband snores, but I find it very comforting. He is there. The noise kind of lulls me to sleep. Weird I guess...but I would miss it if he weren't there.
No, I can't deal with mouth noises, they are the worst. My husband didn't snore in a way that could lull anyone to sleep. It was grunt, grumble, gurgle, SNORK!!!!and any other gross sound you can think of. Apnea was a cause, and ambien only made things worse, and I couldn't even rouse him enough to roll over. We (the kids and I) used to call it his ambien-coma and we knew if there was ever a fire or need to escape we would have to sacrafice him. lol. On those nights I slept on the couch.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:00 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
I think it is absolutely PATHETIC. No wonder, we are becoming a society of LOSERS,couples who do not even have sex anymore and do not even share a bed, why get married then if you are going to live such a miserable, pathetic life?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:42 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,923,439 times
at the moment, we sleep together, but she snores REAL bad. it's like a freight train !!

so, one or two nights a week, we sleep seperately to make sure we both get a good sleep.

whether that'll progress to more nights as the relationship progresses, we'll have to wait and see.

i kinda hope not. it's nice to snuggle !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships