Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 PM

67 posts, read 121,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
That's what I was thinking too.

I admit I was just assuming. I just don't see any logical reason to keep a wedding ring for a marriage that no longer exists, except for the example you gave where someone had their ring re-made into a necklace.
Waiting for the value to come back up a little bit. Right now they're worthless rocks and metal. Should the world economy recover (HA!) and the jewelry families fool most of the world into believing that diamonds are scarce, I'll sell them. In the meantime, I have the appraisals which are helpful should I require credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:47 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I have done something like that before, what it meant to me was closure... meaning, I am done with you, please leave me alone.... so I guess, my advice is to leave it alone...

Old 04-02-2011, 10:03 PM

7 posts, read 17,112 times
I agree with Childfree here. If you really do not want her back, don't contact her, and let it be. There could be many reasons why she did this, but chances are, she did it to hurt you in some way (this was a special unique gift you MADE for her, so definitely had a lot of meaning to you) to get even at you for turning her down. Even if it's just a ploy to get you to contact her, it's giving her a chance to get back into your life again. Just ask yourself if that's what you want.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 PM

28 posts, read 135,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.casas View Post
I agree with Childfree here. If you really do not want her back, don't contact her, and let it be. There could be many reasons why she did this, but chances are, she did it to hurt you in some way (this was a special unique gift you MADE for her, so definitely had a lot of meaning to you) to get even at you for turning her down. Even if it's just a ploy to get you to contact her, it's giving her a chance to get back into your life again. Just ask yourself if that's what you want.
I am inclined to believe that she wants to get a reaction as I received a text message today from her asking me to read some article about health. The article is not significant of anything, I think its just her way of acting everything is normal and cool.

I am generally a polite person. Should I just respond to her with simple "thank you"?

Old 04-03-2011, 12:36 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticguy9 View Post
I am inclined to believe that she wants to get a reaction as I received a text message today from her asking me to read some article about health. The article is not significant of anything, I think its just her way of acting everything is normal and cool.

I am generally a polite person. Should I just respond to her with simple "thank you"?
No. Delete her text messages and her number. If you can, block her number. She has you thinking everytime she contacts you which is exactly where she wants you. Now's not the time to worry about how she sees you. Now's the time to show you can look out for your own happiness the way she did for hers.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:03 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:

Block her number and IP address, and don't talk to her again. That usually works. I know cause that's what my ex did, and I didn't even cheat on him. Lol.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 AM

28 posts, read 135,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
No. Delete her text messages and her number. If you can, block her number. She has you thinking everytime she contacts you which is exactly where she wants you. Now's not the time to worry about how she sees you. Now's the time to show you can look out for your own happiness the way she did for hers.
You think I should go that far? She doesn't contact me that much. One think I've learned thogh is that you won't believe how unattractive, even a beautiful person will become to look when they are ugly on the inside. I am not likely to fall for her again.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
You think I should go that far? She doesn't contact me that much. One think I've learned thogh is that you won't believe how unattractive, even a beautiful person will become to look when they are ugly on the inside. I am not likely to fall for her again.
She may be fine as a distant friend! Look at yourself 20 years down the road. Would you wonder how she is doing even if you say now that you wouldn't care. Usually someone cheating on you is a last straw though. I know that I wished I stayed in contact with almost everyone that I went out with when I was younger. Yeah, you split up for a variety of different reasons but you obviously valued them to go out with them in the first place.

Anyway, gold is at an all time high. Keep it, Cash it in or give it as a present down the road to someone else! I have given out a lot of jewerly in my time and I still do. Have not gotten one piece back and never expect to. I see some old girlfriend pulling out a necklace or bracelet out of her jewerly box every so often saying "I wonder what ever happened to LS Jaun, he sure was a interesting guy!"

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-04-2011 at 11:42 AM..

Old 04-04-2011, 06:30 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,274 times
Quote:
After my cheating ex contacted me wanting me back in her life, I sent her an email that I cannot do that nor can I be friends with her as loyalty and trust were non-existent in our relationship.

I received a package in the mail today (with no note). She had sent back to me a gold heart jewelry that I had designed for her. I am not sure why she sent only this gift and not any other gifts that I had given her over the years.

Any ideas? should I contact her and ask her why she did that, or let it go?
It was the most personal gift that you had given her. She wanted to hurt you. let it go.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
After my cheating ex contacted me wanting me back in her life, I sent her an email that I cannot do that nor can I be friends with her as loyalty and trust were non-existent in our relationship.

I received a package in the mail today (with no note). She had sent back to me a gold heart jewelry that I had designed for her. I am not sure why she sent only this gift and not any other gifts that I had given her over the years.

Any ideas? should I contact her and ask her why she did that, or let it go?
You know why she did it, an attempt to open up communication again.

Pawn it or give it to a charity and keep on movin' on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships