Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM

859 posts, read 2,823,610 times

Advertisements

We have gone through this and the number one thing you can do is plan a single day every week for just the two of you. No kids, no friends, no family. On that day do whatever the two of you like to do. Last week the GF and I went and painted pottery. Now I'm a typical guy and this isn't something I would have done on my own but it was fun and made her happy. The week before we went to an auto museum. I'm sure she wasn't thrilled but it was time together. Yesterday I had a few minutes and drew her a simple pic of a rose. I tied it up and stuck it under the ribbon of a $2 box of Trinidad's and she was thrilled and almost raped me in the hall way

It really the little things. Think of the things you did when you where first dating and do them all over again. One of our first dates involved a car and very little clothing so we've relived that one a few times as well and it time it keeps getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 03:01 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,007,649 times
Thank you all for some wonderful ideas and suggestions. I think that's the problem..We never get alone time...ever! So yes, we do need to make some alone time and a vacation is def needed. Will keep ya posted. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one...

Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM

570 posts, read 881,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And SOME of us actually manage to acheive all we want/desire out of life, go figure

So let me ask anyone.

Would you want to live the same life you have now for eternity?

If you answer yes, you are a liar.

It is not possible to be 100% satisfied in this world. You will always be missing something.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
So let me ask anyone.

It is not possible to be 100% satisfied in this world. You will always be missing something.

I do not understand your insistance that I, and others like me, are "missing something"

It is entirely possible to be "satisfied" with what we have in this world, especially when we know this world and our existence in it is but a drop in the bucket compared to what we have waiting for us in the next.

Layoff the amateur philosophy, you really haven't got a clue what you are talking about and aren't impressing anyone here

Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,869,027 times
Quote:
So let me ask anyone.

Just because you are not satisified please don't take it out on others who are.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,449,819 times
Perhaps 1bright_future could express it better, but s/he is right. Do you always want to work, never retire? Would you be satisfied eating scrambled eggs for every meal for the rest of your life? I doubt it. Everyone wants some change, some variety, unless they have no choice in the matter. Don't you ever want a new tv, a new car, or even just dinner at a new restaurant?

On the other hand, you can be satisfied with a simple life, but even a simple life includes change and variety - if nothing else, you must adapt to getting older.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Quote:
there's different types of "love"..

Long term co-habitual love

and

Short term crazy passionate love

There are many single 35+ women now a days who CHOSE to be single still, b.c they believe in the lie of Long term passionate love. They will never find someone that could provide that, and they can never provide that to another. It is not possible. They have set their sights, literally out of this world, and are going to end up alone or have to settle with someone way below what they would've gotten if they understood real love in the first place.

You nor anyone else will ever be fully satisfied in this life. No matter how much money or possessions or friends or spiritual strength you obtain, there will still be something huge missing in your life.

I completely agree. I watched my mother do this through several marriages when I was a kid. She still thinks that way, and she's 63. Sheesh.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:50 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,415,797 times
Boredom is a symptom, not a primary emotion. If you are bored, there is another problem. Look for it and you will be able to solve your relationship problem. Treat the boredom? Bad idea. Like taking pain killers for a tooth ache. Eventually you will have to deal with the underlying problem and you may do some damage in the meantime treating the boredom. I paid for a lot of uninsured therapy to learn this. Trust me.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 AM

859 posts, read 2,823,610 times
Quote:
So let me ask anyone.

For eternity NO... For the rest of my life. Well lets see.

I have a beautiful GF and she has an awesome 6 yo son that calls me dad.
We have a very loving and caring relationship. Beatiful large home, I have a Successful auto repair and customizing shop.

Enough money to buy the things I need and want, Take the vacations I want to take and do all of these things anytime the urge strikes me.

So.. A loving woman, loving son, successful business, roof over my head, food on the table, everyone's healthy and money in the bank... Yeah I could live out the rest of my life just like this.

You see I've been down the different roads. Lost all my money, Lost my family and lost my love. I've been with different women and finally found the one I'm going to stay with.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,465,163 times
Well, I can see that you are bored with life OP but I wouldn't advertise for other men on the personals here. If you're bored in your married life come up with something different; date night, role playing, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships