Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,177 times

Advertisements

Anybody else in a long standing relationship and at the point where you are just kinda bored. It's the same old routine, same old story, you know one another inside and out. You may have kids and just living each day the same way. One day turns into the next and so on..

If this is you, what do you do to spice things up? This is usually how or why people tend to step outside relationship..They are looking for something different and new...thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 11:46 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Act like you're dating.

Plan special things. Don't take for granted the time you do have together, and fill it with only mundane, day-to-day stuff. Everybody's life has elements of the routine, but figure out how to make little things special. Mix is up.

Things get old when people stop putting in effort. If your relationship is important to you, you have to put in effort.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Anybody else in a long standing relationship and at the point where you are just kinda bored. It's the same old routine, same old story, you know one another inside and out. You may have kids and just living each day the same way. One day turns into the next and so on..

If this is you, what do you do to spice things up? This is usually how or why people tend to step outside relationship..They are looking for something different and new...thoughts?

If you are otherwise content in your relationship, and you want something "different and new," then take it upon yourself to create that something.

In fact, change something about yourself or your life, for the positive. Expand your mind. Get a new hobby. Change something about your looks that is easily manipulated--your clothing style or hair color. Embrace adventure. Book a trip. Play hooky. Rearrange the furniture. Paint a room. Do it for yourself first, to fulfill your own need for change. Then reap the rewards of your man's reaction. If he's secure in himself and in your relationship, he'll probably be thrilled.

Men can do this, too, and I encourage it. What keeps me thrilled with mine going on five years is that one of his favorite phrases is "something different." He is still himself at the core, but since I've known him, he has gotten new hobbies and interests, and he has changed his looks a bit. He's also constantly changing things in his house. And "something different" applies to other things, too.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:26 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
If you are otherwise content in your relationship, and you want something "different and new," then take it upon yourself to create that something.

In fact, change something about yourself or your life, for the positive. Expand your mind. Get a new hobby. Change something about your looks that is easily manipulated--your clothing style or hair color. Embrace adventure. Book a trip. Play hooky. Rearrange the furniture. Paint a room. Do it for yourself first, to fulfill your own need for change. Then reap the rewards of your man's reaction. If he's secure in himself and in your relationship, he'll probably be thrilled.

Men can do this, too, and I encourage it. What keeps me thrilled with mine going on five years is that one of his favorite phrases is "something different." He is still himself at the core, but since I've known him, he has gotten new hobbies and interests, and he has changed his looks a bit. He's also constantly changing things in his house. And "something different" applies to other things, too.
lol--You are a lucky lady.

Whatever others have said, I agree---having dealt with my own boredom--I just keep finding new ways to amuse myself. Short trips around the city--I have lived here most of my life and shamefully haven't seen many places that I want to see. That alone is something that keeps me interested. I should organize a tour for myself--started a thread a few days ago with some thoughts.

Food/festivals---always fun for me.

mmmm---I plan on touring some local vineyards this fall. Enjoy discussing grapes and other vegetables and fruits.

All of this is even more exciting because I can listen to music while driving. Absolutely thrilling---on the weekends certain roads are wide open--congested all week so this is a rare treat. I am a Dixie Chick and Born to Run--lol.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

It's true what they say...bored people are BORING people.

While the child rearing years of marriage can be more monotanous when kids are demanding so much of your time and attention, they don't have to be boring all the time!

You have to make a conscious effort to tend your marriage like you'd tend a garden. I suggest dating your husband.

Get a babysitter set up for one day/night a week - schedule it like clockwork!

Then have fun planning all the things the two of you can do together, even if it's just to lay a blanket down in a nearby park and take a nap

Old 04-03-2011, 06:01 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,994,817 times
Quote:

I know that I'm not married (or even in a relationship at the moment) but as other posters have said, start "dating" your SO, but make it much, much hotter! You live in So. Florida, right? Go have a "fun-filled" day at the beach or anywhere out in nature!

There's always time for sexy time and there's always time to make it better. Be as spontaneous, fun and creative as you can be w/ you SO. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's true what they say...bored people are BORING people.

While the child rearing years of marriage can be more monotanous when kids are demanding so much of your time and attention, they don't have to be boring all the time!

You have to make a conscious effort to tend your marriage like you'd tend a garden. I suggest dating your husband.

Get a babysitter set up for one day/night a week - schedule it like clockwork!

Then have fun planning all the things the two of you can do together, even if it's just to lay a blanket down in a nearby park and take a nap
Don't forget to pick up the kids from school!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
OMG... so many things so little time... many great answers. Wake up everyday with a new attitude... change your routine... workout later in the day... make new receipes... "role play" that is ALWAYS interesting... the opportunities are endless... just kick up the imagination... makes me smile just thinking of it

Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 PM

570 posts, read 882,207 times
Quote:

there's different types of "love"..

Long term co-habitual love

and

Short term crazy passionate love

There are many single 35+ women now a days who CHOSE to be single still, b.c they believe in the lie of Long term passionate love. They will never find someone that could provide that, and they can never provide that to another. It is not possible. They have set their sights, literally out of this world, and are going to end up alone or have to settle with someone way below what they would've gotten if they understood real love in the first place.

You nor anyone else will ever be fully satisfied in this life. No matter how much money or possessions or friends or spiritual strength you obtain, there will still be something huge missing in your life.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 PM

42 posts, read 277,289 times
Hmm. I still have to get into a relationship that lasts long enough for things to get old.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:56 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,046,564 times
Get a hobby and treat him like a boyfriend. Pretend you don't know everything there is to know about him, and you might be surprised to learn something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships