Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:26 PM

410 posts, read 832,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Let me elaborate. While at work I was thinking (instead of working). How many people believe that unattractive or ugly people have no right or are hypoctites for only wanting very attractive people? Is that a clear question? This is most noticeable when one unattractive person asks out another unattractive person just to get shot down for not being attractive. Or when an attractive person brings on the whole "back off, your out of your league". Do many people believe in "leagues"? Or do you believe in the whole Hitch movie theory. That anyone can sweep anyone off their feet if they have the right broom.
I think they are severely limited their chances, that's all. Very seldom will a hottie end up with an ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,634 times
You can want, fantasize and expect what you wish, you will not necessarily get or deserve any particular results. As for Hitch, it was a movie and an unfunny, lousy one at that.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:45 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Quote:
Let me elaborate. While at work I was thinking (instead of working). How many people believe that unattractive or ugly people have no right or are hypoctites for only wanting very attractive people? Is that a clear question? This is most noticeable when one unattractive person asks out another unattractive person just to get shot down for not being attractive. Or when an attractive person brings on the whole "back off, your out of your league". Do many people believe in "leagues"? Or do you believe in the whole Hitch movie theory. That anyone can sweep anyone off their feet if they have the right broom.
Real love has the ability to transform even a mere toad!

It's the getting the attractive person to fall in love with the unattractive person that's the hard part.

In most cases there must be a humble, attractive person who possesses more heart than vision.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM

48,514 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I don't need George Clooney - all I need is someone I'M attracted to. Others opinions don't count. If I couldn't find that I would remain single. It's all very simple.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:56 PM

550 posts, read 604,148 times
Anyone has the right to want whatever they want however unrealistic it may be.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:00 PM

48,514 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
Anyone has the right to want whatever they want however unrealistic it may be.
BUT, they shouldn't expect sympathy while they whine about their unrealistic expectation.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:23 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,997 times
While I could buy into the concept of an attractive person with a LESS(?) attractive person in the abstract, please remember that the whole thing could capsize before it even got a decent start if one or both parties has emotional baggage concerning their looks.

If a hottie dates a nottie, would the less endowed partner be plagued with insecurity and doubt or even a secret desire to sometimes take hottie down a notch in the relationship, thereby propping up a shaky ego? And with issue of sexual jealousy..that could run so deep, perhaps it's best not to explore that.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:40 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,914,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There are no leagues. Beautiful people are just that. Beautiful people. Their genetics were obviously good to them. But that doesn't mean they are beautiful inside. Because in the long run, that is what counts. Besides, life has a way of turning things around. Usually beautiful people loose their beauty somewhere in the late 20s to their 30s. And ugly people seem to get better looking with age. So I don't see how looks is a long-term factor relationship wise. I mean, it's a bonus to have someone good looking to look at. But what are they going to offer you besides their looks? Where's the substance? Where's their heart at? What is their life condition?
Exactly. This is what I care about. What a person stands for. What they believe in. I don't do superficiality or status symbols.

Beauty is as beauty does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Please stop acting like Men are all mindless animals who will all go out with hot women no matter what shes like and women are all saints who go for heart and personality over looks.

Both genders are equally shallow..
No. They aren't.

I have never heard a woman say "I will only go out with blondes" or "26-36-26 (or whatever) measurements" or "petite" or whatever. Or this comment made by a man in "the Hite report on Male sexuality" -- he said quote (about women in general) "If she is over 25 she is finished".

Men say these kinds of things all the time. Men definitely are pickier then women. I've also never heard women yell cruel things out car windows to overweight men.

Quote:
There is no difference between the feelings and views of a man and a woman. The only difference is in how these feelings are expressed. Men express their feelings different then women. That's all.
Yes, there are differences because we are wired differently.

See the Hite Report on Male sexuality and likewise it's sister book "Hite report on female sexuality, and Men are from mars, Women are from venus for more clarification.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:01 PM

328 posts, read 602,834 times
Never gonna give you up.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Never gonna give you up.
Never gonna let you down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships