U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Is it hard to find a good man?
No, I'm just not attracted to them 6 16.67%
Yes, Good men are hard to find 24 66.67%
No, Good men are everywhere and I date them all the time 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:49 PM

13,244 posts, read 10,919,772 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised we've gotten this far without anyone making the "a hard man is good to find" joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 PM

16,204 posts, read 8,541,814 times
good men are hard to find. Most of those women, however, haven't met me.

I'm sure lots of women want to meet those good men, but they have to go and find them just like us men have to.

I think if women were to try and approach single men instead of men having to approach women most of the time, they would probably have a better chance at finding those men.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 PM

16,523 posts, read 8,993,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think if women were to try and approach single men instead of men having to approach women most of the time, they would probably have a better chance at finding those men.

I've thought about this lately - and the thing is - the few times that I wanted to approach someone, I did. But it wasn't from seeing them in the bar or out somewhere - it was someone that I talked to a bit and heard give a wonderful speech. I then got in contact with him and asked him out. It takes more than a face for me to be attracted to someone or want to go out with them. I'm all about personality - and you can't tell someone's personality by their appearance. Men have hit on me plenty of times going on nothing but my looks. I'm not saying that's good or bad - simply that I've never felt the desire to go up to a guy and meet him based solely on his looks. I usually realize I'm attracted to someone after I've already met them and gotten to know them a bit or have seen them enough to have a hunch as to what they might be like. So that's why I have never approached men as often as they have approached me.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM

12,673 posts, read 13,609,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
There are tons of good men out there, but for those of us with certain criteria, it's tough finding a good man who fits our tastes.

For instance, I like smart men, but I also like men who are in shape. I'd be settling if I chose a gorgeous hunk with the brains of pudding, or a genius, well-spoken guy who didn't care about his physical well-being.
Everyone is smart. Its matter of who is using their brains and not being lazy.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 PM

12,673 posts, read 13,609,295 times
The question is 'Are the supply there for these good men'?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM

5,053 posts, read 2,919,039 times
Like I said before...

...sometimes women don't find good men out there because these good men are also looking for good women.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM

1,571 posts, read 1,588,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Like I said before...

...sometimes women don't find good men out there because these good men are also looking for good women.
Yes this can happen too... which can take a while.
I get the feeling I'll be either on my late 20's or early 30's (gonna turn 24 within 2 more days) by the time I finally settle down and find the good man with unique qualities, not some child who likes partying or frugal one.

It's gonna take a while but oh well....

Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,568,581 times
Quote:
Like I said before...

That I have to agree.

If you want a good man, be a good woman. Kind of a no-brainer

Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM

16,204 posts, read 8,541,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've thought about this lately - and the thing is - the few times that I wanted to approach someone, I did. But it wasn't from seeing them in the bar or out somewhere - it was someone that I talked to a bit and heard give a wonderful speech. I then got in contact with him and asked him out. It takes more than a face for me to be attracted to someone or want to go out with them. I'm all about personality - and you can't tell someone's personality by their appearance. Men have hit on me plenty of times going on nothing but my looks. I'm not saying that's good or bad - simply that I've never felt the desire to go up to a guy and meet him based solely on his looks. I usually realize I'm attracted to someone after I've already met them and gotten to know them a bit or have seen them enough to have a hunch as to what they might be like. So that's why I have never approached men as often as they have approached me.
That's fine, your approach is one that has some thought.

The thing is, is that most women who often says "I'll never find a good man..." Are often never actually approaching or pursuing men! For them, or maybe most(?) it should be "Good men will never find me."

Honestly, I've stopped looking for over 2 months now.Not because I don't want to find someone, but because I became tired of rejection, and my time would be better spent succeeding.

I've got some great qualities, but I think those qualities show more if I can have a woman go on a series of dates, and not just an hour of communication. I have too many qualities that in an hour's time someone won't see half of them.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM

11,696 posts, read 6,237,746 times
Quote:
Like I said before...

I've found good men before.

I've also found men who think they're good, or they're good most of the time but when they feel slighted they turn into something else altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships