Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it hard to find a good man?
No, I'm just not attracted to them 6 16.67%
Yes, Good men are hard to find 24 66.67%
No, Good men are everywhere and I date them all the time 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I think woman are in their prime and their most desirable in their 30's! I'm upper 30's and could date 20 somethings but feel most really don't have their act together, yet!
Thus proving my point. You are 30, and many of the available men in your age range simply aren't up to the quality standard you hold. This is because at your age they are mostly gone. They have girlfriends, fiances, and wives already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 03:07 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
A good man that I'm also attracted to? Yes, it's hard to find.

Exactly!!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:56 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
I don't think I have ever had a relationship with a guy that wasn't a good guy. Are they hard to find? No, but then I like men....I like talking to them, hanging out with them, just being with them, and I don't expect perfection. I am not perfect, so, it is not fair to hold a guy to a standard no one can meet. Of course, I have known some guys that weren't good, but I have known women that weren't good either.

Last edited by Georgianbelle; 04-06-2011 at 04:56 PM..

Old 04-06-2011, 04:55 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
My personal theory is that if the importance of looks were rated on a scale of 1-10, most men would put them at an 8 or 8.5. Most women, when asked, would say that looks are about a 4 or 5. The problem here is that most women will never admit that realistically they would rate the importance of looks at a 7 or 7.5. If a man doesn't doesn't have a six-pack and a square jawline, suddenly the reason women don't want him is because he isn't optimistic enough (read: no six pack) or he's 'boring' (read: no six pack) or he's not as outgoing as she wants him to be (read: no six pack).

I would even theorize that most women have the "looks aren't important" attitude so ingrained that they don't even realize that when men don't look like Brad Pitt it's suddenly open season on their minor personality flaws (that would never have existed if he was a super model). When she says that he has a great personality, is outgoing, friendly, confident, etc. what she means is that she is intensely physically attracted to him. I've had several friends who say that their boyfriends are intelligent (read: tall, dark, and handsome), only to realize that after talking to them they are actually not smart at all.

BIG DISCLAIMER SECTION:
1. This is my own theory based on personal experience. If smarts and a fun personality is all you needed to have a woman be attracted to you, I probably would've had many more dates in college. As such, this theory mostly encompasses women of younger ages. I know that women mature and learn to look past physical appearance to some degree as they get older, but the same thing can be said of men.
2. My theory cites a lot of broad generalizations. There are always exceptions.
3. I don't want this post to be inflammatory or start a war of the sexes. If it comes off as inflammatory or overly bitter, I apologize. For the record I have a great girlfriend at this time who is the exception to the rule (that's why she's such a great girlfriend).
4. I don't know anything.
Most of this is true to some extent. Many women will not admit their true standards not even to themself. They will describe standards to others that THEY don't even follow. This is why some men end up confused when they fit the standards the woman described yet they won't get the time of day. The reason is because that man doesn't fit the secret standards she set.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:25 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Most of this is true to some extent. Many women will not admit their true standards not even to themself. They will describe standards to others that THEY don't even follow. This is why some men end up confused when they fit the standards the woman described yet they won't get the time of day. The reason is because that man doesn't fit the secret standards she set.
Yep! There is a set group of "Laws" that applies to all woman! The first and most important "Law" in the woman handbook is:

Law 1) Any law after the first law can be amended, adjusted, contorted, realigned to benefit the woman when dealing in situations with men.

Law 1. amendment 1) All woman will come to your support in dealing with the man you are having an issue with "unless" that woman is seeing said "Man". In this case the 50% division of woman support rule applies-50% support for yourself, 50% support for the Hussy!

This is why woman on woman relationships never really work-1st law applies to both parties and cancel each other out!

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-06-2011 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships