Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it hard to find a good man?
No, I'm just not attracted to them 6 16.67%
Yes, Good men are hard to find 24 66.67%
No, Good men are everywhere and I date them all the time 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 AM

339 posts, read 835,370 times

Advertisements

Is it hard to find a good man or is it hard to find a good man you are attracted to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,125,121 times
There are tons of good men out there, but for those of us with certain criteria, it's tough finding a good man who fits our tastes.

For instance, I like smart men, but I also like men who are in shape. I'd be settling if I chose a gorgeous hunk with the brains of pudding, or a genius, well-spoken guy who didn't care about his physical well-being.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:08 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,151,273 times
This is a fight-thread waiting to happen. I'm gonna grab a drink really quick and watch this one develop....

Heck, I'll even throw the first punch:

There's a lot of good guys out there, drop your ridiculous lists of standards and just accept that you're not a beauty queen and you don't deserve a rich brad pitt genius!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,832,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
This is a fight-thread waiting to happen. I'm gonna grab a drink really quick and watch this one develop....

There's a lot of good guys out there, drop your ridiculous lists of standards and just accept that you're not a beauty queen and you don't deserve a rich brad pitt genius!
This oughta be good. I'm excited for this one

Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,462,560 times
Quote:

Yep, this thread is going to be interesting...also on the same token, all you buff 6 pack guys with nothing to offer since you don't know how to be human, don't think you're getting or deserve an Angelina Jolie look alike..

Let the fighting begin....

Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Yep, this thread is going to be interesting...also on the same token, all you buff 6 pack guys with nothing to offer since you don't know how to be human, don't think you're getting or deserve an Angelina Jolie look alike..

Let the fighting begin....
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the buff 6-pack guys are going to *temporarily* get lots of Angelina Jolie look alikes. Everyone knows that looks are important to men when searching for a woman, but what no one seems to admit is that looks are every bit as important to the woman searching for a man. The only difference is that the man with the hot woman will try to make things last, and the woman with the hot man will eventually move on to the next hot man.

No room in this world for us mediocre-looking guys.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,684,790 times
I say no. I think good people in general can be hard to find.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,151,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the buff 6-pack guys are going to *temporarily* get lots of Angelina Jolie look alikes. Everyone knows that looks are important to men when searching for a woman, but what no one seems to admit is that looks are every bit as important to the woman searching for a man. The only difference is that the man with the hot woman will try to make things last, and the woman with the hot man will eventually move on to the next hot man.

Nah, you just got a find a good girl, who is attractive but isn't FLASHY with it (i.e. doesn't wear a lot of makeup, dress up all the time, wear revealing clothing).

Find women who have similar values, and as you get to know them and appreciate who they are, you'll find yourself viewing them in a new light that actually makes them more physically attractive to you.

My girl is pretty in my eyes, but she doesn't dress up a lot day to day so she doesn't get randomly hit on ALL THE TIME like other girls who are maybe slightly less attractive than her but are more revealing and dressed up. But when we do go out and she dresses up? Look out....I'm floored every time.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,981,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post

Interesting observation....Carry on.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I say no. I think good people in general can be hard to find.
Quote:
Nah, you just got a find a good girl, who is attractive but isn't FLASHY with it (i.e. doesn't wear a lot of makeup, dress up all the time, wear revealing clothing).

Find women who have similar values, and as you get to know them and appreciate who they are, you'll find yourself viewing them in a new light that actually makes them more physically attractive to you.

My girl is pretty in my eyes, but she doesn't dress up a lot day to day so she doesn't get randomly hit on ALL THE TIME like other girls who are maybe slightly less attractive than her but are more revealing and dressed up. But when we do go out and she dresses up? Look out....I'm floored every time.
Yay for a combination of these two things! It took me all college and 2 years afterward to find someone like this, and I was never into the real outwardly attractive-types to begin with. Needless to say I'll be hanging on to this one.

She usually doesn't really dress up all that often, but every time I look into her eyes I melt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships