U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:27 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,506,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Going to have to agree with this. A lot of attractive women will have that one fail-safe guy (maybe beneath her in the looks department) who will always be up for a rebound type scenario.
I've seen this more often than not, been a target for rebound women from time to time but I turn them down knowing what to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 04:05 PM

3,592 posts, read 4,512,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
"When a women is in a relationship there is always another guy waiting in the wing just in case the current guy messes up"

I guess this probably true for attractive women which is why dating will always and continue to be a headace

Any Ladies willing to agree with her comment?
I'll agree with her comment, BUT just remember it may be a case of guys being guys, looking for their opportunity to date her, not because the girl has the guy waiting in the wings by means of cheating on her current boyfriend.

And it doesn't have that much to do with a girl being physically attractive. Other things can make a girl desirable to men. The do notice things other than looks.

Think of it this way: some guy was probably eyeing her when you scooped her up, you just "got to her first".

Old 04-07-2011, 04:14 PM

146 posts, read 203,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
"When a women is in a relationship there is always another guy waiting in the wing just in case the current guy messes up"

I guess this probably true for attractive women which is why dating will always and continue to be a headace

Any Ladies willing to agree with her comment?
I'm a man but I'll agree to that. An attractive man or woman always has options. I think women are more likely to take an affair with a married man seriously than the man waiting on the wings for an attractive woman. Where the odd man out will normally just wait for nature to take it's course, an odd woman will sabotage a man's relationship every chance she gets. (I'm speaking generally here from my own observations, there are exceptions to everything.)

Old 04-07-2011, 05:05 PM

795 posts, read 1,184,615 times
The statement in the original post is true, and, for anyone doubting the gender bias, it is most certainly more true for women than men.

The reasons for this are two-fold. On the male side, men are usually much more willing to engage in rebound sex. If the opportunity presents itself and the timing is right, more often than not they will do it. Some men will target girls on rebounds because they count on an assumed vulnerability. Like a snake going for the rabbit with a limp - it's just easier.

Women are usually not fans of being a guy's rebound, and so with few exceptions, men don't have suitors on deck. On the female side, the result of the above is that women almost always have more options, and will very often court those options while in a relationship they think has an expiration date. My friends and I call this "monkey branching," the metaphor being that the monkey has to grab a new branch before letting go of the old. It is a safety net for getting over a breakup quickly, a self esteem "preserver" and makes the former lover jealous and down one point, so to speak.

-

In my experience and to me, it is the worst kind of women who capitalize on their beauty by deliberately preparing rebounds to minimize their hurt over a breakup. People are free to cope with their breakups any way they wish, but it is a serious breach of good character to do it at another's expense, let alone the most recent ex-lover. It is a matter of respect, no matter how bad the break up is.

I'm certainly no angel but in my past, getting over breakups was a matter of getting back to my character roots, doing what I enjoy: weightlifting, dieting, boating, fishing, music, traveling, activities, whatever! I do things that take my mind off of, but do not hurt, her. I do not cope with my breakups at my ex's expense; even if I hate her guts, I respect our time together.

Unfortunately many, many women miss this advice, and take the easy and destructive way out. Worse, it can masquerade as ignorant modesty, as if they just can't say no to someone. Maybe it's just the women I've dated, but if I'm cynical it is not without reason. I had a former girlfriend of 2 years call such a suitor within minutes of us breaking up. She was single for no more than the hour it took him to drive to her place that night. They have been dating alittle over 14 months. An extreme but nonetheless pertinent example. Beware of these women; they are of dubious character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or