Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 07:45 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times

Advertisements

Everyone is nice in the beginning.

It sounds like you are only with the girl you are currently with because you simply don't want to be alone and am waiting for someone else to step in immediately so you won't be alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 07:51 AM

22,237 posts, read 29,269,623 times
Burg-Get out from the crappy relationship and give yourself a chance to find a good one..

Old 06-25-2011, 08:23 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Today is "Slap The Stupid Out Of Someone Day".

... just a thought ...

Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I am in a relationship about 2 years, and it has been shaky for a while and we've been fighting a lot. Mainly due to her lack of respect to me and saying very rude things about me. It has been really droning and we fight quite often, and just a few days ago I have met a girl who has been really nice to me, and we've been getting along very well.

I'm not really asking what should I do to you guys.. but more.. how would you handle the situation?
I can honestly tell you that EVERY SINGLE WOMEN ON THIS PLANET ARE THE SAME....... they seem to be from the same mold... was your gf really nice to you at the beginning and got along with you great? Wow, I must be psychic... no, its because all of them are the same, after the relationship they go "crazy"... I love my wife even though she drives my head through concrete walls a lot.... this other girl won't be any different... What I do, is think about my wife and if it brings a smile to my face when I think of her... I know everything is going to be okay (you have to do this when you aren't mad at each other)... if you aren't smiling then maybe you should look elsewhere, talk to each other about it, or get counseling...

Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I can honestly tell you that EVERY SINGLE WOMEN ON THIS PLANET ARE THE SAME.......
So, you've dated them ALL. Dang! I certainly don't remember you.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
So, you've dated them ALL. Dang! I certainly don't remember you.
Don't worry, I am not very memorable...

Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
I can honestly tell you that EVERY SINGLE WOMEN ON THIS PLANET ARE THE SAME....... they seem to be from the same mold... was your gf really nice to you at the beginning and got along with you great? Wow, I must be psychic... no, its because all of them are the same, after the relationship they go "crazy"... I love my wife even though she drives my head through concrete walls a lot.... this other girl won't be any different... What I do, is think about my wife and if it brings a smile to my face when I think of her... I know everything is going to be okay (you have to do this when you aren't mad at each other)... if you aren't smiling then maybe you should look elsewhere, talk to each other about it, or get counseling...
I've read your posts about your wife (thinking of the calls while you were talking with the repair guy) and she does sound like an annoying twit. To believe we all fit that mold because that's what you ended up with is ridiculous. My dh doesn't need to worry about me calling him every two seconds while he's talking to the repair guy, because I am the repair guy. OTOH, he's calling me while fetching the things I need at the home depot.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,089,650 times
Default Take some time...

To think about how you feel about your future together. Have you had a sit-down addressing the issues causing the conflict?

You should also think about the future. Do you want it with her? Can you see yourself without her, and on your own with someone else? Do you look forward to spending time with her at the end of the day? Do you still have similar life goals together? If you are truly unhappy and have a need to break away, It may be for the best. Life is not only too short to be unhappy, but time has a way of slipping by almost unnoticed, And before you realize it years have added up. Good luck, Op and let us know how things work out for you.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:46 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,449,819 times
First of all, is there ANY validity to any of the complaints your g/f has? If so, you may want to consider making some changes in the spirit of self-improvement. Not because she wants it, but because you see a need. Of course, even if you should be changing some things, does not mean she has the right to be disrespectful or nasty about it - unless you are being nasty to her. And if you are she should be leaving you! Anyway, it sounds like your current relationship is on its final downward spiral, and it's usually impossible to recover from that (only you can decide if it's worth trying). This other woman complicates things, but if you think she's a better prospect overall, break up and then move on. Keeping in mind, of course, that some of your current problems may be partly self-inflicted.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Quote:
I can honestly tell you that EVERY SINGLE WOMEN ON THIS PLANET ARE THE SAME.......
"We are have all your bases!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships