Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:35 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I am in a relationship about 2 years, and it has been shaky for a while and we've been fighting a lot. Mainly due to her lack of respect to me and saying very rude things about me. It has been really droning and we fight quite often, and just a few days ago I have met a girl who has been really nice to me, and we've been getting along very well.

I'm not really asking what should I do to you guys.. but more.. how would you handle the situation?
Deal with both individuals separately; they're separate issues.

First, end your dead-end relationship. Do that first, and then you'll have more clarity about the person who just entered the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,158 times
Quote:
It really is tough, I have tried to talk this over with my current gf many times, and she will listen and things will go great for a while, then boom its like she forgets about what we talked about and then goes back to fighting. I have always believed in it, and I have always continued to stay with her and think that things were going to get better. It was a few weeks ago, and we had talked about how we had been fighting and how it wasn't good, so we talked about forgetting about everything and being good. That was good for about a day, then the next day we were in yet another fight over something dumb. It was then that something just clicked off with me and I said I couldn't take it anymore, and I have just felt rather indifferent now. I don't know if there's any way to save that.

I have always felt that I'll be with this girl forever, because when we get along, we are really perfect.. but things seem grim now
Sorry to hear about the low times.

Would you still be considering breaking up if this new girl wasn't in the picture? It's funny how we tend to meet really attractive, awesome girls when experiencing turbulent times with our SO..

I hate to say it, but sometimes just talking about the problem isn't enough to make the other person change. You have to be willing to walk away.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,544 times
Quote:
I am in a relationship about 2 years, and it has been shaky for a while and we've been fighting a lot. Mainly due to her lack of respect to me and saying very rude things about me. It has been really droning and we fight quite often, and just a few days ago I have met a girl who has been really nice to me, and we've been getting along very well.

I'm not really asking what should I do to you guys.. but more.. how would you handle the situation?

What has your present girlfriend doing that you say is rude? What are the fights about?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Sorry to hear about the low times.

Would you still be considering breaking up if this new girl wasn't in the picture? It's funny how we tend to meet really attractive, awesome girls when experiencing turbulent times with our SO..

I hate to say it, but sometimes just talking about the problem isn't enough to make the other person change. You have to be willing to walk away.
I had been considering this for a while, and now its just a culmination of events I guess you could say.

I think after a while the person either completely breaks down and accepts things or snaps and says ok this just shouldn't be happening and it shouldn't be like this.

As the others have said, arguments are a two way street, and if you guys think I haven't done everything I could to try to fix problems you're all crazy. I read old e-mails, try to think of old fights and the series of events, but it all comes down to every big fight (or little fight) that we have is her reacting in a ridiculous manner. I think I've just reached my breaking point sadly, I really thought she was going to be the person I married! haha

Would I make the same decision if this other girl wasn't in the picture? Can't answer that.. But am I making this decision because the other girl? No way. I'd still never cheat or anything like that, only that sometimes it takes an eye opener as to what you're missing out with, and this was it I think.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
What has your present girlfriend doing that you say is rude? What are the fights about?
Well, if I ask questions about something she knows, she will get mad and tell me that I should know it already and that I am stupid or slow. She will nit pick things, like if I drink too much coke it could very well turn into a 2 day fight because it starts at "shes trying to help me" and takes a turn and next she's complaining about a million other things and now I can't take care of myself and I'm a complete loser. She told me that she is the better person in the relationship and she thinks she's above me.

The fights , I don't even know really, they are just random things. Today's fight is because she woke up 2 hours earlier than normal so I didn't send a text message in time before she was up. I told her it was my bad, yet she continued needling about it and wouldnt stop.

I guess I could continue but I dont really feel like it haha

Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Well, if I ask questions about something she knows, she will get mad and tell me that I should know it already and that I am stupid or slow. She will nit pick things, like if I drink too much coke it could very well turn into a 2 day fight because it starts at "shes trying to help me" and takes a turn and next she's complaining about a million other things and now I can't take care of myself and I'm a complete loser. She told me that she is the better person in the relationship and she thinks she's above me.

The fights , I don't even know really, they are just random things. Today's fight is because she woke up 2 hours earlier than normal so I didn't send a text message in time before she was up. I told her it was my bad, yet she continued needling about it and wouldnt stop.

Ugh, I don't think you should put up with this at all. If she has really said that she is better than you, then she does not respect you, and that is no basis for a good relationship. I know you said you have pleasant, happy times, but your statements indicate that things are getting worse, not better.

Both people should respect one another and feel lucky to be with the other person. If this woman treats you with contempt and condescension, she will not make a good wife for you. Set her free to find a spineless man to chew on, or live out her days alone and confused about why.

This new woman who interests you ... be careful. First, yes, of course end one relationship before jumping into another, but second--be careful of the rebound. This woman might appeal to you simply because she is nice to you, which is something you lack at home. Have you ever been really hungry and eaten a regular sandwich and though, "Oh wow, this is the BEST SANDWICH EVER"? The rebound is like that. Some people latch on to someone new, thinking, "Oh WOW," but reality sets in after a while, and "the BEST GIRLFRIEND EVER" becomes a regular old sandwich. Just be careful with her feelings if you "go there" ... that's all I'm saying.

Good luck.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:

It's hard to judge when you hear only one side of the story, but that doesn't sound good at all... particularly the bolded part...

Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,542 times
Quote:

Do you believe women would need to be rude to nice guys, if they were in the habit of simply using nice guys for sex until they clamor for a relationship. I suggest you work on your multi-tasking and time management skills; and claim you are practicing being a good husbandman.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Do you believe women would need to be rude to nice guys, if they were in the habit of simply using nice guys for sex until they clamor for a relationship. I suggest you work on your multi-tasking and time management skills; and claim you are practicing being a good husbandman.
?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:19 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's hard to judge when you hear only one side of the story, but that doesn't sound good at all... particularly the bolded part...
Agreed. I'd run far and fast. Get your head together somewhere, by yourself, then give the other lady a call when you're ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships