Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,976,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He doesn't even stay awake for THAT!
Maybe in 10 years I'll be different, but if I have a girl who I was looking forward to seeing the last thing on my mind would be falling asleep, or TV.

This guy seems like he's in his own little world, and this woman is just invading his bubble. That just boggles my mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,090,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine12 View Post
You are so right ! He has a wonderful 2 person shower and a spa bath....I have suggested we make use of both but he has not taken me up on this in 3+ months....
He sleeps on sofa until 1 or 2 am then will come to bed to do.....he complained one night when I "took" him to bed at 11pm !! Said he had never been to bed so early .....just not on the same wavelength at all are we
And you're with him and even ask if you should "persevere" because...?

Old 04-07-2011, 05:23 PM

6,547 posts, read 7,271,108 times
Quote:
his house is totally a bachelor pad, he is definately single....and I feel that's how he wants it to stay, either that or he just doesnt know what makes a woman feel special
So what do you like about him? Didn't hear you say why you are with him at all?

Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM

11 posts, read 8,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So what do you like about him? Didn't hear you say why you are with him at all?
That's the sanest question - yet I can't answer it....which really is my answer to myself isnt it.
Maybe cos he is, well was a race car driver and plans on taking me to race tracks to see things from the pitt lane....hell what a reason, but its true, seeing what he is like as a man ! Mind you, I cant afford to travel abroad with him to the races he thinks that he is taking me to this year....its a non starter isnt it....

Old 04-07-2011, 05:36 PM

oh and because of that ( last post about racing ) I mistakenly thought he would be interesting !!!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:36 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,461,348 times
Not that it especially matters-- but is he divorced--and has been fending for himself for a while? He seems to be set in his ways at any rate.

Running a business can be very time-consuming and maybe things aren't going that well?

Some guys, having been married or in long-term relationships prefer to revert to bachelorhood---absolutely no hassles. This is sort of Ok--for a while.

It sounds like you have had enough---I would just start saying ---'I'm busy, hope we can find a time to meet later on.'

Old 04-07-2011, 05:39 PM

No he has never been married and doesnt even attend family weddings, he says they are a waste of time! He is married to his business, which is no bad thing as he is hard working, but it doesnt leave time for a life

Old 04-07-2011, 05:49 PM

6,547 posts, read 7,271,108 times
Quote:
oh and because of that ( last post about racing ) I mistakenly thought he would be interesting !!!
How long did it take you to figure out that he was not the kind of guy you like?

Old 04-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
How long did it take you to figure out that he was not the kind of guy you like?
Seriously it just hit me at the weekend when he took me upstairs before we went out.....when he knew that he wanted me to go home early that night and not stay....he didnt tell me at that time that I wasnt staying as usual. He is never spontaneous like that....he was just utilizing time wasnt he

Old 04-07-2011, 05:53 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,534,120 times
Catherine12, you're a convenience, much like a microwave. That's about as much attention as he pays to you, right? If he says he's going to cook for you, it's only because he's aware that he has to do something, anything to keep you pacified (notice I'm not saying "happy"!). Take note: This is his courting behavior. I don't find it too impressive, and things will only get worse with time.

Why do we women do this to ourselves?! I married a guy for his potential, and it took me six years (and two children) to figure out that potential is nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships