Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 06:01 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,132 times

Advertisements

The only thing I throw when I'm mad is a tantrum!

If he is physical in any way, its time to show him the door, and expedite his departure with your foot

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 08:15 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
On one hand, I'd say it was better that he took his anger out on inanimate objects--but you say he's hit you in the past.

I don't think this leopard is going to change his spots. Personally, I can't condone a man hitting a woman for ANY reason. I don't care if she's hitting you, you can stop her from hitting you without having to hit her.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:49 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,172,498 times
Directed towards the OP:

I have seen the post where you stated an EXCUSE...when you stated this was previous behavior that your SO has engaged in and is no longer prevelant and I believe your question was what to do now that he only "throws things"

His past behavior is an indicator that he has a violent nature and is accustomed to dealing with issues through irrational behavior instead of having a normal open dialogue with you.

The reality is this, in the past he has been abusive physically and emotionally and at this point he is still being physically violent since he is physically ahowing his anger but FOR NOW the focus is items...

He IS STILL using tactics of power and control...plain and simple.I suggest you become familiar with the red flags and indicators as well as the "Cycle of Violence" and through this education you will be able to understand what is occuring...DVS.ORG.is a fantastic site for education as well as a safety plan and a national hotline...
Good luck to you..

Old 04-15-2011, 11:15 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary1986 View Post
I've been married for 3 yrs and been though alot with him.He's abused me, cheated on me a couple of times and since then we've been to counseling and its work good.It's been 2 yrs since he hit me and the last time he cheated that I know was last yr. Well when we get into fights he throws things like tonight our cell phone. I don't know what to do I feel like i've been though enough with him and atleast he did'nt hit me.But what should I do? I am tired of his childish ways and needs some advice.
LEAVE.

Do you need us to draw you a map? You should have already left him for good years ago.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 PM

Ambient-

Not nice....I am sure alot of us have been thinking this same thing when coming upon this thread however it is easier said than done...you have stated the obvious but perhaps the OP is not "There yet"

Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,765,855 times
I'd still like more information about the situation. The OP's syntax leads me to believe that she if from another country. I'd like to know from where, and whether she was US Resident when the marriage took place.

And I'd like to know about their education levels/current employment. Does she work? Is he currently employed?

Just gathering information at this point...

Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 PM

806 posts, read 2,340,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Change the locks and get a shotgun (And a restraining order)
I didn't bother to read too many other posts before I wanted to say

GET THE HECK OUT!! NOW...PLEASE....

This guy is NOT going to change.....

3 years, that's a nice start to a marriage, cheating, hitting, throwing things.....WHAT"S NEXT???????????

Old 04-16-2011, 09:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Ambient-

Not nice....I am sure alot of us have been thinking this same thing when coming upon this thread however it is easier said than done...you have stated the obvious but perhaps the OP is not "There yet"
What else is there to say? You either choose to "get there" and take the steps required to leave, or you choose not to and continue to live in a dangerous, abusive relationship for the rest of your life.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What else is there to say? You either choose to "get there" and take the steps required to leave, or you choose not to and continue to live in a dangerous, abusive relationship for the rest of your life.
I did not have a problem with the message it was the delivery..thats it.."Do you need us to draw a map" That was not nice.

Domestic Violence is a shameful private act for some women and it took guts for the OP to open up about it especially on a forum...she deserves understanding..

Old 04-17-2011, 03:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,018 times
You need to get out of that situation NOW! Cheating is one thing, inexcusable and wrong and shouldn't be tolerated. But when he lays a finger on you, thats when you have to decide that it's time for you to go. I've been in a similar situation, and I know it's hard.

But when someone feels like they can phsyically harm you, it will escelate to somethign far worse. You need to take care of yourself! I'm not sure what your living situation is or financial situation, but you have to worry about yourself and get things in order so that you can leave.

Talk to family, friends, any support groups or Women's shelters, whatever resources you have, use them.

It's not going to be easy at first, but you'll never regret it. And you will be fine.

My prayers are with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships