Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:11 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times

Advertisements

Met a couple who live near me a few weeks ago, and they indicated they were swingers. I enjoy sex, but really like having an emotional connection to the woman I'm having it with. After having a few great relationships, not having a connection makes the sex empty and boring for me. And no I wouldn't do the MMF tag team.

Anyhow the female of said couple has made passes at me and another guy I know, at separate times. I have waived it off, but the other guy seems to be taking the bait. He is late 20s, she is early 30s. I know they are both adults but after a few drinks I mentioned to him, that it may not be a good idea to hit that. (She was alone this time) He seemed taken aback and asked why. I just said take it as advice from old bull to young bull. He wasn't happy.

They are both adults so I won't say anything else about it. But anyone think this is a good idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
He's using his wrong head right now. He's not thinking it through like you. But he will have to learn. For him, it's a win/win situation. But I agree with you.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Wow, they are on the prowl! LOL. I don't think it's a good idea or a bad idea--only the people involved can know that. If it's a bad idea for you, then I agree.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Wow, they are on the prowl! LOL. I don't think it's a good idea or a bad idea--only the people involved can know that. If it's a bad idea for you, then I agree.
True, Julia, it's not right or wrong but whatever the people involve think.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:12 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
If they are consenting and her hubby and her have an agreement then fine.

However, that's the "theory".

Reality might be that she starts liking the younger guy or vice versa or hubby get jealous despite being swingers and so on and so forth.

Word might also get out and thus limit his dating options with some gals in the area since they know he had sex with the swinger gal.

Just saying that me personally...even if I had no moral issue with it I'd be worried about the potential other issues that could crop up.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Agree, they are consenting adults, so they can do what they want. But I thought swingers 'each' brought a partner to a party. Not that it was just okay for one to sleep with others. (Cause women swingers would almost never be without company.)

Anyhow, the thought isnt lost on me that the guy I know is financially much better off than her current partner. He owns, they rent etc...yes I admit I'm a tad cynical of women

Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
To each his own...

Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Agree, they are consenting adults, so they can do what they want. But I thought swingers 'each' brought a partner to a party. Not that it was just okay for one to sleep with others. (Cause women swingers would almost never be without company.)

Anyhow, the thought isnt lost on me that the guy I know is financially much better off than her current partner. He owns, they rent etc...yes I admit I'm a tad cynical of women
Your gut feeling might be right. She could be trying to step-up. Too bad your friend can't see it.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:54 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
There are many, many, many kinds of swingers. Some do play alone. But this sounds more like an open relationship (not that they aren't also swingers in a more 'traditional' sense). As for trading up? Well, sometimes stuff happens, but I don't think it's common unless the couple's relationship isn't good to begin with.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:20 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Provided she is STD free, why not? life is too short.

Last edited by dave nz; 03-09-2011 at 05:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships