Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:05 AM

326 posts, read 470,537 times

Advertisements

why did I just have to be placed in chicagoland? why not new york city or even miami? well, it seems that i am forbidden to be happy and cheerful, because I had a rather heartbreaking incident today at the DuPage county fair. I was about to take a ride on a hang glider carnival ride and was allready in the only empty gondola when a couple of snobby women had me kicked off the ride so that they can ride. goes to show once again that the quantity of attractive young women in dupage county may be great, but the quality of those women is the worst of the worst! makes me just want to break down, cry, and just never, ever leave the house ever again! even makes me just want to dig a cave in my yard, crall into it, and never come out ever again.:crying my eyes out:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
why did I just have to be placed in chicagoland? why not new york city or even miami? well, it seems that i am forbidden to be happy and cheerful, because I had a rather heartbreaking incident today at the DuPage county fair. I was about to take a ride on a hang glider carnival ride and was allready in the only empty gondola when a couple of snobby women had me kicked off the ride so that they can ride. goes to show once again that the quantity of attractive young women in dupage county may be great, but the quality of those women is the worst of the worst! makes me just want to break down, cry, and just never, ever leave the house ever again! even makes me just want to dig a cave in my yard, crall into it, and never come out ever again.:crying my eyes out:
I'm very sorry you experienced what you did, it was cruel and unthinking, but it surely isn't the end of life, but a beginning...a lesson on how NOT to treat others...you are not narrow minded, cruel and without a heart....they, on the other hand, as beautiful as you may think they are, have NOTHING inside...so, remember and let your heart and mind smile, that you are not like them, and you've had the upbringing and the parents to boot. Remember, life's bliss comes from the realization of what we have...and where we've been. Life is fulla people who have four legs and bahhh like a mule. hehe

Hugs to ya...now, let me see a great big smile, and go in the backyard and plant flowers....

Old 07-30-2007, 01:56 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Triton, put down the plastic bag! Yes, I see you and I know you are about to put that bag over your head again!!! When you experience these kinds of incidents you just need to get right back in these people's faces and get real annoying. Stand your ground and never, ever let someone treat you like garbage! You've got to snap out of the "hide in a cave" mindset - you're worth more than that, dammit!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 AM

245 posts, read 765,534 times
Enough with the whining and kvetching. You've already been given plenty of good advice in the other thread. Make use of it. Come up with a set of goals and a plan to achieve those goals. Break the plan down into manageable steps and get started. Like the janitor dude on Scrubs says: time spent wishing is time wasted. Get busy.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:49 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,443 times
I was a sucker to the title of your thread...seriously thought that I was about to read something "heartbreaking" and can't believe you were so upset about this enough to inspire a post.

There are rude people everywhere, NYC, Miami, where I live, Indianapolis, everywhere. If I crawled into a cave everything someone was rude to me, I'd be pretty soiled right now and needing of a run through a car wash without a car!

Get a hold of yourself.

I handle rude people in many ways.

1. Kill them with kindness. I just returned from camping where my neighbor on one side was a grandpa with a wonderful sense of humor and was very social with us. The other neighbor was rude, angry and not receptive to any of the assistance we offered him with his 5 grandchildren. Who got my extra firewood? The rude guy. He was stunned by the gesture and softened. I knew I had made an impact and that was my intention.

2. Thank your lucky and blessed stars that you were not born like them. I can't tell you how many times I've encounter miserable people and just took a second to look to the heavens and give thanks that I was not created in such misery.

3. Open yourself up to the other messages around you. Rather than blind yourself in disappointment....there are joyful, unique events happening around you that you are not seeing. Find them. Counter a bad experience with one a good one.

I, personally, am intuitive enough to see that I was taking up a gondola myself and would have happily given it up so that two friends could ride together. I learned this courtesy on the ski slopes. Open your eyes and ears.

Right now...I think you are being your own worst enemy by letting something like this upset you so much. Do you read or listen to the news? Do you volunteer? Make yourself feel better by putting the ENTIRE world in perspective to your own little "heartbreak."

Look up the temperature and weather conditions in Iraq right now and then you tell me if your little temper tantrum at the carnival measures up.

(and that is what you call my "mommy voice.")

Old 07-30-2007, 10:22 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,443 times
I left off that a good friend of mine has Asperger Syndrome. Have you connected yourself with the resources in your area?

GRASP - The Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership

Autism Asperger Illinois Resources (broken link)

There are is a long list of assistance for adult and children. Perhaps a social club could get you started.

I also found this. Perhaps you might meet that special someone?

08/04/07

CSASG's Annual Pool Party and Picnic

Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park 8301 S. Janes Ave., Woodridge
5:30-9:30pm Once again, we have rented an entire waterpark for the exclusive use of our group. Enjoy an evening of fun under the supervision of lifeguards and surrounded by families who share our concerns. The park includes 3 Body Slides, 1 Tube Slide, 1 Drop Slide. 1 Kiddie Slide, 600-Foot Lazy River, Zero Depth Pool, Sand Play Area, and more.

Please note: this event is for families, friends, and children/adults with autism. The low price has been subsidized by our group, and the many generous donors who support our events throughout the year. Advance tickets are REQUIRED. For more information, please call Gina Cross at (773) 434-2702.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
It's okay!

There are rude people everywhere.

Don't take these little things so personally.

Obviously you are a very sensitive soul, but you can't get so distraught about this. Look at the big picture - what difference will this make next week, next month, or next year? None, so don't worry about it. People can only make you feel bad if you allow them to. Don't give them that power. Be happy that you're one of the nice people in this world. What goes around comes around and they'll get theirs someday.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:29 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Are you heartbroken because you were taken off the seat of a midway ride? And I'm missing the connection to this forum- Relationships. I've reread it and, I'm sorry, but I don't get it.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Are you heartbroken because you were taken off the seat of a midway ride? And I'm missing the connection to this forum- Relationships. I've reread it and, I'm sorry, but I don't get it.
Me either- I wish that was the most heartbreaking thing that ever happened to me

Old 07-30-2007, 06:08 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Me either- I wish that was the most heartbreaking thing that ever happened to me
lol you funny

triton1 - why did you allow yourself to get kicked off the ride? I would have told these girls, "you want my seat? that'll be 50 bucks - cash only, no checks accepted. of course, you can take me out to a steak dinner, that'll cover it!"

I guarantee you those "snobby, worst of the worst" women would be giggling and laughing. they may even take me to the nearest steakhouse after the ride...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships