Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 PM

200 posts, read 886,319 times

Advertisements

You could always sprint out of the car before he even puts it in park. Screaming like a banshee.

Seriously, don't even wait for there to be awkwardness. When he stops the car, say, "thank you for dinner, see you around." Do so with your hand already on the door handle so you don't have to fumble for it. Get out as you're saying it.

I would say that "see you around" would simply suggest that perhaps you will run into him in the grocery store in the future, but it certainly won't be an intentional act! If that doesn't drop a hint, I don't know what would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 12:56 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,935,261 times
The best dates I've ever had were with these guys who would just give me a friendly hug, or a handshake. I don't like getting kissed or pawed by someone I barely know. Now, one night stands are a different story altogether!

Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,256,927 times
............ And in retrospect if your date is the nasty breath guy I'd definately forego the kiss......

Old 01-26-2009, 09:12 AM

4 posts, read 7,261 times
Default A shake is just a shake?

Does a handshake ever NOT mean thanks but no thanks? I was very surprised to get one of these at the end of a first-time internet date that seemed to be going pretty well. If not for the shake, would have definitely called again for a second, now not so sure.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,885,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
LOL. Ok, it sounds like I have pretty much followed the rules set forth by everyone who has responded. I do always thank guys at the end of the night if they paid (and I thanked both of the guys this weekend). I think your point is good, thank them and then immediately extend the hand for a handshake. This way, it doesn't give anyone too much time to think about how to end the date. I think the fact that I let several seconds go by without doing that on my last date is what led to the awkwardness. I always thought the handshake was rather formal and business-like but I guess all of you agree that this is the best way!

Well, I am a hug guy. I like to give a nice hug.

Anyways, you can always do the old turn and cough method if they try to come in for a kiss. Then shake their hand with the hand you coughed in.

Nay...I'm kidding.

I like the gals who would just jump at me with a hug and just say thanks for the fun time. That's ALOT better than a hand shake. Even my sister gives me hugs. You know?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,824,483 times
I don't mind kissing a guy that is hot and has great lips on a first date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
The best dates I've ever had were with these guys who would just give me a friendly hug, or a handshake. I don't like getting kissed or pawed by someone I barely know. Now, one night stands are a different story altogether!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,150,940 times
I always gave g'bye hugs to dates I wanted to keep platonic. Handshakes are for first meetings, guys, clients, and dogs (canines). If it was a good date I'd fix them breakfast and say g'bye with a lip-locker.

Edit: I just noticed this was an old thread. /:

Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,122,741 times
Guys rarely try and kiss me on first dates....I must give the wrong signals. I went out with this guy once who was pretty cute and I had to give him a hug. I don't really know what he was going to do...wave goodbye from a safe distance I guess. Needless to say, he never called me again....only the ugly ones call me again...story of my life!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,080,402 times
I hope it was a blind date or why would u go on a date with someobdy you arent attracted to?

Old 11-28-2015, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 883 times
Default hand shake

I recently had a coffee date that I thought went very well. At the end of the date he compliments my jacket and shakes my hand. I had sent him a text saying thank you and it was a pleasure meeting you. He had replied welcome. I never received a call back nor a text after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships