Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Easier for a girl to be "dorky" and get dates/laid than a guy.
I'd have to agree. It seems that most of the time when a woman comes off as dorky, it's seen as cute by men. However, if a guy comes off as dorky, it can be really off-putting to women.

Like I said, I consider myself to be dorky, but I know when it can be too much so I tone it down a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Me too. I have a huge thirst for knowledge and I love reading books and encyclopedias. I'm equal parts nerd and equal parts dork.
Aha! The truth is revealed. You get that flat tummy by putting encyclopedias on it.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times

But yes, I am a dork and a nerd at times, but so is he. I can't be serious all the time.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 AM

420 posts, read 877,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I'm a "dork", but I don't do traditionally dorky things- I don't wear dorky clothes or haircuts or glasses,
I don't spend abnormal amounts of time at the computer (for my age and situation), or play a lot of video games.. etc etc. I just happen to be naturally doofy, though I suspect that may in part be
because of my parents.
This is kinda the way I am too. But seeing my serious face on the street, you wouldnt think dork as much as geek. I dont break into song and dance. But I love those kinds of people. And Im techy, love watching Comedy Central and sharing enjoy corny jokes. Is that nerdy? Maybe. But none of it has hindered my dating life. Im hoping that women my age probably dont judge men that way anymore.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,993 times
I'm not a dork. I'm just hip. Just check my pic and see for yourself.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Aha! The truth is revealed. You get that flat tummy by putting encyclopedias on it.
LOL! Silly...

I'm a huge bookworm and I use books for READING, not for flattening my stomach

Old 04-13-2011, 11:50 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I consider myself to be a huge dork, meaning that I act silly a lot (I think too many people are too uptight), I'll do funny things like randomly break into song-and-dance for no reason, I'll tell corny jokes to try to get people to laugh, and I think I'm generally dorky-looking in a cute way. A lot of guys I've dated have liked my laid-back and free-spirited approach to life, but a few of them have been put off by it.

How many of you are dorks, or have dorky tendencies? How does it impact your dating life?
I look like a "makeup girl" and am quiet and more nerdy. I guess its impact is that I get odd looks or laughs when I am too honest and don't always have my "public" filter on when I say/do things.

I guess it steers me in the direction of socializing with other nerds. Its the most comfortable and always holds the combo fun of acting like a child but conversing like an adult.

I would say its a positive thing because most other nerds and dorks are sensitive. Its nice to be around those types.

YouTube -The Big Bang Theory- White & Nerdy[/quote]

Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
( and this was just funny to me considering the thread subject, auto embed was not working for song. Had to do manual code. LOL)

YouTube - nerd

Last edited by Opsimathia; 04-13-2011 at 12:05 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 11:58 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
( and this was just funny to me considering the thread subject, auto embed was not working for song. Had to do manual code. LOL)
NERD!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,015 times
my favorite boyfriend (ahem, before hubby lol) was a huge dork. and i adored him. he was funny, smart, kind and an all around great guy.

He still has a special place in my heart

When he went to college he started working out (actually he had started in high school) just to build himself up some and lose the skinny skinny frame. As I understand it he is still very athletic and does something called 'ultimate' (????) - i think it might be different kind of extreme sports maybe? not sure exactly. He married a few years back and apparently wifey is a marathon runner.

guess it never would have worked out with us. its all i can do to walk/jog a mile a couple of times a week LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships