U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:26 PM

421 posts, read 427,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's what I say, too. However, many men write the same crap. Naturally, same goes to them. Enjoy your first priorities without me!
I sometimes also hear, "Im ALWAYS gonna look out for my kids!" ...As if they are doing the kids a favor. And shouldnt they already be doing that, no matter what? Whats going on in childcare training these days? Or does such a thing still even exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 04:41 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,320,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotsoul831 View Post
I sometimes also hear, "Im ALWAYS gonna look out for my kids!" ...As if they are doing the kids a favor. And shouldnt they already be doing that, no matter what? Whats going on in childcare training these days? Or does such a thing still even exist?
IMO, these people actually believe that their prospective partners will think they're such good persons because they'll do everything and always for their kids first and cater to their every whim, and will be thrilled to be treated like second-hand citizens. Hello! You need to downplay, not upplay it, if you wanna have a snowball's chance in hell to find somebody to put up with all this!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:51 PM

15,753 posts, read 7,172,209 times
haven't read the OP, but shouldn't parents automatically put there children first before all else?

I guess I'm just old school like that.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,320,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
haven't read the OP, but shouldn't parents automatically put there children first before all else?

I guess I'm just old school like that.
Not really; not even when the children belong to both of them, which is not the case here. There are very few parents on this forum (the ratio is the same in real life, too) who know what parenting is about, though. I can count them on one hand.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:00 PM

15,753 posts, read 7,172,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not really; not even when the children belong to both of them, which is not the case here. There are very few parents on this forum (the ratio is the same in real life, too) who know what parenting is about, though. I can count them on one hand.
I've got 0 experience raising kids.

I can say that whenever I was in trouble growing up, my parents were right there to help me through the problem. I'm going to do the same if I have kids of my own.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:31 PM

3,852 posts, read 2,766,394 times
As a man I would just naturally assume the kids would come first. When a woman says that, it also sends a certain signal, or at least it did to me. I dated women with kids, and sometimes the kids were invited along on dates, it all depended on what we were doing and the age of the child. I never dated a woman with children and had any idea of having a serious relationship with her. I went out just to enjoy her company, have a good time and take her home. Most women with kids had a hard time understanding why I didn't want to have a serious relationship with them, most of them wanted more.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:34 PM

889 posts, read 614,052 times
Why do the moms want to bring kids on a date? Why? It's a date... not a family outing.

Plus, not all stepdads are potential evil serial child molesters, I hope to God you're not buying that crap they spew on TV and "women's" networks. Here's some food for thought, stepmoms are just as evil.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM

12,248 posts, read 7,362,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'll risk getting slammed too...

if their children really DO come first they have no business on a dating website.
Repped!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM

12,248 posts, read 7,362,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
Awww cmon now. for some people that's the only method that works for them. everyone needs a night out once in a while. just because they use a dating site doesn't mean they are neglecting their children.
I have no issue with single parents dating. That's how they become married people again, if they so choose. I remarried.

I'll put my kids before most things, but not all things. As long as they are loved and well provided for, they'll turn out fine.

Probably better than the children of helicopter parents.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 PM

17,394 posts, read 15,880,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yeah, I know I'll get slammed for this one but oh well. AND no, I did not have this with a women. I don't date women with children.

Let'em rip......
Well, I won't slam you, because one guy I dated told me the same thing (this was before we started dating...just getting to know each other really)...just in a kinder fashion. He actually had a son, too. I don't remember how I reworded it, but I did. I wasn't having any problems with getting response, but I figured he was a nice guy, and was just trying to help. So, it's a good point - perhaps there isn't a need to beat that drum too loudly on your profile. Still, I have always made it clear to all of my dates, that my son absolutely is a priority when it's called for. I'm sure that I've had some guys not call back after hearing that, but frankly, I'm not interested in those guys that find that to be a problem.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 04-14-2011 at 07:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships