Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,893 times

Advertisements

Somehow I'm having trouble lasting more than 3 months. It always end up either them walking away after several weeks of dating or a break-up.

It's like they seem to be excited upon meeting me but after a certain time it ends. Another thing is, as soon as I mentioned I'm a martial artist and can beat any average person several days later I don't hear from them again. One of them was honest though and described me as a bit intimidating, too much alpha and kind of tomboyish.

I'm not their submissive and traditional woman they want nor the naivee one going after bad guys. I'm just being myself and just because I know self-defense doesn't means I'll beat up someone for no good reason. How can I last longer and get into a commited relationship?? I'm having no luck at all.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
It could be the fact that you throw in "I can beat any average person" when you state you know martial arts. It is a good skill to have and if asked you should answer or mention it in conversation, just leave out the rest of that sentence. As superficial as it may sound it makes it appear that you are willing to fight with anyone anywhere and in general non violent men do not seek women who like to fight. I'm not saying that you like to fight in the streets or anything like that what I am saying is that particular part of your statement gives the impression that you may be looking for a street fight.

Otherwise I cannot think of anything from what you have stated that would frighten the guys away. I am a very independent, strong willed woman and I do what I want when I want and my husband thinks it is great.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It could be the fact that you throw in "I can beat any average person" when you state you know martial arts. It is a good skill to have and if asked you should answer or mention it in conversation, just leave out the rest of that sentence. As superficial as it may sound it makes it appear that you are willing to fight with anyone anywhere and in general non violent men do not seek women who like to fight. I'm not saying that you like to fight in the streets or anything like that what I am saying is that particular part of your statement gives the impression that you may be looking for a street fight.
Ok, I'll avoid saying that. Hopefully they won't get scared again.

I was just trying to prove that I'm a strong woman who doesn't put up with BS and yes I hardly wear make-up (hate dresses too).

Old 09-16-2012, 02:26 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I go for self confident women.. I don't know anything about the term "alpha woman " but I'll give the same answer I give anyone. If you're asking the question "why aren't guys/girls going for me, i'm so wonderful" there's obviously something you're doing wrong.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:04 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleSusie View Post
Somehow I'm having trouble lasting more than 3 months. It always end up either them walking away after several weeks of dating or a break-up.

It's like they seem to be excited upon meeting me but after a certain time it ends. Another thing is, as soon as I mentioned I'm a martial artist and can beat any average person several days later I don't hear from them again. One of them was honest though and described me as a bit intimidating, too much alpha and kind of tomboyish.

I'm not their submissive and traditional woman they want nor the naivee one going after bad guys. I'm just being myself and just because I know self-defense doesn't means I'll beat up someone for no good reason. How can I last longer and get into a commited relationship?? I'm having no luck at all.
An alpha women is not the same as an alpha man. Men are interested in different qualities than women are.

You are not an alpha woman. You are a woman who acts like a man.

Last edited by Camlon; 09-16-2012 at 03:17 AM..

Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
^lol

It has been my experience that most guys don't know how to spot alpha women.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 AM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleSusie View Post

I don't think what you're describing is an alpha woman. You just appear to have an interest in something that's not so girly. There's got to be more to the story than that.

A lot of men are interested in a challenge, but it sounds like you have something different going on.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
^lol

It has been my experience that most guys don't know how to spot alpha women.
We know how to spot them, we just don't want those kind of girls.

I want a girl who acts like a girl

Old 09-16-2012, 04:12 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
I think the term alpha female fits the stereotype of a lot of danish women, strong, independant, quick to defend their borders, never "wrong", demanding of their partners (or is that all wrong?)....What success i ever had with this type (at least in Denmark) is by finding in them a hidden and intense romantic streak and a bit of insecurity about whether they measure up to imaginary or real expectations implanted by childhood experience. I'm not an Alpha anything. I am an intensely romantic and somewhat insecure person whose harsher personality traits are softened by fairly-land romance with real people and the words "it's all right, i understand".

It works both ways.

We all have something good to hide.

Last edited by Frihed89; 09-16-2012 at 04:22 AM..

Old 09-16-2012, 04:17 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Um.

I'm not sure if I'm utterly abnormal here. No doubt this post will confirm that I am one of those terrible white knight types that everyone hates here.

But I adore alpha women. It just makes things so much simpler for me, being someone with a bit of social difficulty and depression. Someone who knows how to lead on means I can follow without making a fool of myself. If that makes me a doormat so be it. I will be goddamn sexy doormat. A doormat with a bit of trimming and some excellent weave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships