Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 PM

29,681 posts, read 34,211,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoBankerGirl View Post
Exactly, the boyfriend that I had was CONSISTENTLY 30-60 minutes late for any plans with me. But he was NEVER late for work. So, it wasn't a tardiness issues, it was a "SactoLover Girl is not one of my top priorities" issue.
That's the thing. If he's capable of showing up for work on time, if he knows the date and time of every upcoming hockey playoff game, or whatever, it's not just that his troubled mind is burdened with heavy thoughts. It's that he doesn't care enough to show up and keep a date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 03:40 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,858,542 times
If they guy is being good in a relationship , treating her well etc.. don't you think you guys are over exaggerating just a bit that he doesn't care about the relationship... ?

I mean come on, some people are just late, he said he'd work on it and he felt bad. the OP even said she understands , so I don't think theres much of a reason to leave the guy lol.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,787,585 times
My husband is a lot like this. Very nice guy but very bad about time in general, and verbal commitments in particular. If you have ever done Myers-Briggs, he's a classic P. He's sort of constantly living in the moment and is sort of always making up what he's going to do next as he goes along. He finds having to live on any kind of schedule confining.

That said, we did have to come to a happy medium on this because like everything else, it gets much more complicated when you are married. Going with the flow is a lot more stressful when you have kids. He has gotten a lot better but not without a lot of persistance and patience on my part, and effort on his part.

Only proceed further if you think he has a good heart open to change, and you two can communicate about this. Its a very irritating trait to live with.

Last edited by Tinawina; 04-18-2011 at 04:07 PM..

Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,089,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If they guy is being good in a relationship , treating her well etc.. don't you think you guys are over exaggerating just a bit that he doesn't care about the relationship... ?
I was in the same boat before...it's not that the guy doesn't care...it's just that he is not being considerate.

Quote:
I mean come on, some people are just late, he said he'd work on it and he felt bad. the OP even said she understands , so I don't think theres much of a reason to leave the guy lol.
I heard that from the ex (he will work on it and felt bad) and that's why he's an ex and I now have a husband who doesn't do that. Granted, he has other flaws as I do but I can live with his messy office. If both people in the relationship are someone who arrives at events late, they can certain understand as opposed to someone such as myself who is a stickler for time.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:51 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,735,750 times
Quote:

The problem is some people aren't happy unless their partner is perfect in every way, or at least devotes 100% of their attention and effort on them. Then they wonder why they're alone. Not speaking for the OP in this case, but I see a lot of instances where someone will hone in on the one thing that irritates them while overlooking all the good qualities their partner possesses. Even when that one thing is rectified, there will always be something else that just isn't "perfect" and it's an endless tug of war trying to "fix" this person.

OP already stated he's perfect in every other way. It's up to her to choose whether or not his tardiness is a dealbreaker or something she can learn to work around. She's also acknowledged she isn't perfect either (who among is?), and I'm wondering if maybe there's not something else going on in her life that is stressing her and this is just the thing that pushed her over the edge.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,020,081 times
Quote:
Exactly, the boyfriend that I had was CONSISTENTLY 30-60 minutes late for any plans with me. But he was NEVER late for work. So, it wasn't a tardiness issues, it was a "SactoBankerGirl is not one of my top priorities" issue.
Precisely!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,957,456 times
Quote:
Exactly, the boyfriend that I had was CONSISTENTLY 30-60 minutes late for any plans with me. But he was NEVER late for work. So, it wasn't a tardiness issues, it was a "SactoBankerGirl is not one of my top priorities" issue.
It's happened to me a few times. Believe me, I know the feeling of not being important when I should be.

The look I get on my face would murder someone in those situations.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:08 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,858,542 times
I'd be pretty annoyed too... but would I end a good relationship over that... ? Probably not.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:10 PM

596 posts, read 888,093 times
Quote:
I'd be pretty annoyed too... but would I end a good relationship over that... ? Probably not.
Well, that's not what ended mine. It was a symptom of an overall attitude of my not being important in his life.

I don't bear any ill will, mostly because I found the love of my life. He shows me every single day for the past 15 yrs that I am his top priority.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,020,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The look I get on my face would murder someone in those situations.
Hmm, you should tell us on the Astrology thread about your potential Scorpio placements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships