Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I was never a clock watcher at work, in fact far from it, but I was leaving for a trip to Jamaica, it was around Christmas, and couldn't wait until that clock hit five and when it did I came flying out of my office with silver garland around my neck and on my head yelling, "EVERYBODY LIMBO!!!" At that exact same moment they were letting out a Regional District Manager's Meeting on what else? "How to Identify Drug Use In the Workplace" and the sales manager started laughing and so did my boss and one of them said, "And there goes exhibit A."
LMAO! Talk about timing!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:33 AM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Its really quite silly that MJ isn't legal... I'm mean alcohol, which is a pretty bad drug, at least for some, its legal, but a little pot isn't.... IDK, I don't buy into it being a gateway drug.

If you use that logic then booze is a gateway drug...... Hell I've tried every drug known to man, but I only stick with the booze...... but to each his own........
I've never even tried weed. Not even one little toke. For me it was about maintaining control of myself and not "following the crowd". In my day, EVERYONE smoked MJ, as well as taking qualudes and whatever other pill was around. I just didn't want any part of it. Now, after having had a kid, I'm actually glad that I can tell him I never did, and why. He has followed in my footsteps a bit in the "independent" personality, so I think that helped as well to keep him focused on the more productive activities, at least so far. It may all go to hell in a hand-basket once he goes to college.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I've never even tried weed. Not even one little toke. For me it was about maintaining control of myself and not "following the crowd". In my day, EVERYONE smoked MJ, as well as taking qualudes and whatever other pill was around. I just didn't want any part of it. Now, after having had a kid, I'm actually glad that I can tell him I never did, and why. He has followed in my footsteps a bit in the "independent" personality, so I think that helped as well to keep him focused on the more productive activities, at least so far. It may all go to hell in a hand-basket once he goes to college.
Well, good for you!

Of course, that just means there was more for me - for which I thank you.

Seriously - I've been both drunk and stoned. For me, drinking is FAR worse in terms of losing control. Through experimenting in HS and college with different types of booze I can tell you that certain ones would bring on a massive personality change, not to mention the loss of motor control and the attendant hang-overs. Pot never had that effect on me.

I certainly wouldn't drive (or operate other heavy machinery LOL) while under the influence of either, but the stats speak for themselves - alcohol is FAR worse in terms of accidental deaths than pot; in fact, not a single documented case of death from pot in terms of overdose can be found.

As for it being a gateway drug - that's a hold-over from the "Reefer Madness" days. If a person has an abusive personality they'll progress to hard drugs no matter what. Pot used to be the easiest "drug" to obtain for a first-timer so of course people call it a gateway, but it has no addictive properties nor does it necessarily lead to harder drug usage.

Sorry for the rant - it's just my personal viewpoint on a subject that I feel strongly about, seemingly shared with a few million other people.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 PM

17,620 posts, read 22,575,993 times
Not the way to Launch

YouTube - ‪Drift boat launch.AVI‬‏

Old 05-23-2011, 06:53 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When I lived on a town that has the missouri river as part of its boarder I saw that very thing more than once.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

LMAO! We have had some arguments launching our boat, but that was so funny! Husband watched it and he was laughing too.

It was a divine boating day here in NC. He took off work and we went out this morning.. 90's, breezy and perfect for reading, fishing and other things

Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
boring day, tomorrow looks to be the same. one week till summer semester. let's hope I make some real friends this time around

Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,008,305 times
You always have us Hurri. I know, not much consolation....

Old 05-23-2011, 11:41 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
hah... y'all are great actually. As sad as it sounds, I've often found the Internet to be a much more reliable friend than several people I've known.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
hah... y'all are great actually. As sad as it sounds, I've often found the Internet to be a much more reliable friend than several people I've known.
Funny how that happens, huh?

OK - it's quarter to four in the morning, I'm drinking coffee and munching on a tuna fish sandwich, "Robot Chicken" is on Adult Swim and I'm posting drivel on C-D...

Thank Neptune all is normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.