Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,301,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I won't even look at it here. I'm seeing enough of that on Facebook. Geez people...who cares if you hate the president?! Let it go for a few minutes and give them all some credit.
I'm a huge cynic when it comes to politics. There's no doubt in my mind that people will be spinning this every which way for their own political gain, but I'm thrilled. My son was in bed and I hadn't yet fallen asleep so he ran down to watch TV with us. He immediately posted the news on FB and I guess all his classmates are up watching too because he got dozens of likes and responses. They want a national holiday declared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yes. I even brought an interesting link from there.
I saw it but thought it was referring to when they announced Obama's press conference, but didn't know yet why.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I'm a huge cynic when it comes to politics.
This link still works: WEINER: Osama bin Laden is dead - Washington Times

Weird... You'd think it should've been taken down by now.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,010,743 times
I think it was silly to kill bin laden. They should have captured him, took him to an undisclosed location, and invited the relatives of all who died to that place where they could torture him within an inch of his life. Then nurse him back to health and start over till every relative has had the opportunity to put a blowtorch to his nut sack. Then and only then, we could have done a live televised hanging. Wasted opportunity.

Is that politically correct?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
That's not one of those things that are PC to everybody...

Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,613,652 times
Quote:
I guess I didn't expect you to have such views. I thought you were being sarcastic at first.

We can agree about on one thing, though - television does cloud your mind.

See, people think they sort of know each other for years and yet have no clue!
Yeah, that was surprising to me too.

Normally I don't get into the same kind of events that most other people do, but what this guy did was beyond the usual - he was hatred personified. My kid might still be called into a war of his making a few years from now - there's no love lost for bin Laden from me.

I thought it would be YOU telling ME to stop watching "Family Guy".

Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,551,400 times
Quote:
I think it was silly to kill bin laden. They should have captured him, took him to an undisclosed location, and invited the relatives of all who died to that place where they could torture him within an inch of his life. Then nurse him back to health and start over till every relative has had the opportunity to put a blowtorch to his nut sack. Then and only then, we could have done a live televised hanging. Wasted opportunity.

Not PC, but I can't imagine anyone would have complained about it.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
this guy did
You see, that's the root of all differences... Not everybody shares that opinion.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:35 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,301,958 times
Quote:
This link still works: WEINER: Osama bin Laden is dead - Washington Times

Weird... You'd think it should've been taken down by now.
I heard they were debating how to handle his body, in consideration of the fact that every wants to see it with their own eyes, but with consideration of the Islamic religion.

Quote:

Would have worked for me.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I heard they were debating how to handle his body, in consideration of the fact that every wants to see it with their own eyes, but with consideration of the Islamic religion.
I guess you don't read links, either. Pay attention to the date at least.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:37 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,613,652 times
Quote:
You see, that's the root of all differences... Not everybody shares that opinion.
What - that he was the leader of al Qaeda? I thought that was pretty well established...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.