Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 01:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Yeah, over here they're 8 for $25 at the local supermarket. I thought I'd save on usage because I have a beard, but I forgot about the bald head...

In fact, there's even a few websites (why should I be surprised?) about getting and maintaining a bald head, and the Mach3 is rated the best in terms of closeness of shave, price-point and quality. Plus, it really does do the best job on my head of all the disposables I've tried.

Julia, can you feel the difference on hubby's face when he's using an old blade? I've been told there's a difference, but I can only go by feel - I get about 2 weeks out of a cartridge, so I figure somewhere in the vicinity of $1/day to use them (at my local prices).

I find that the knock-off brands of the Mach3 rarely live up to the original, but maybe that's just my skin talking.

Only thing better is the old double-edged razor, which I love but currently don't have. I'm very particular about the razor holder itself - it has to be the right color, size and age (I'm partial to the ones from the late 60's - early 70's) or I can't breathe.
Fusion. That's the one he uses. If the two are about the same price, I'll see if he'll try them. I loove how smooth his face is after a fresh blade. I bet they're nice for legs too. But my skin is kind of sloughy, so I go through a razor a week. I suppose I should exfoliate more, but I have sensitive skin. I always think of that body scrub, the stuff made from apricot pits. Yowch. I can't exfoliate before I shave, can you?

Old 04-22-2011, 01:15 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Fusion. That's the one he uses. If the two are about the same price, I'll see if he'll try them. I loove how smooth his face is after a fresh blade. I bet they're nice for legs too. But my skin is kind of sloughy, so I go through a razor a week. I suppose I should exfoliate more, but I have sensitive skin. I always think of that body scrub, the stuff made from apricot pits. Yowch. I can't exfoliate before I shave, can you?
It's better than exfoliating AFTER you shave. (Where's the "yowch" emoticon?...)

Old 04-22-2011, 01:19 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
I need a weed eater, not a razor.

I actually have to shave my legs twice, once in the shower and then when I get out I put a small amount of baby oil on them and go over them again. I go through a razor a day practically. Damn hairy Italians anyway.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I actually have to shave my legs twice, once in the shower and then when I get out I put a small amount of baby oil on them and go over them again. I go through a razor a day practically. Damn hairy Italians anyway.
Oh, c'mon...

Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, c'mon...
Seriously, I'm not joking. I've got really, really thick hair on the top of my head too.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Here's your chance for a patent.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Seriously, I'm not joking. I've got really, really thick hair on the top of my head too.
Is this every day or after you've let it go on for too long?

Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Here's your chance for a patent.
Years ago they had this thing on the market with a coil and it was almost like a permanent hair removal thing - different than an electric razor. It was the most painful thing and I couldn't use it. I don't even think they are on the market anymore. So, someone beat me to it.

And yeah, it's every day. It's just course and heavy.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Years ago they had this thing on the market with a coil and it was almost like a permanent hair removal thing - different than an electric razor. It was the most painful thing and I couldn't use it. I don't even think they are on the market anymore. So, someone beat me to it.

And yeah, it's every day. It's just course and heavy.
LOL, I was going to ask you if you remembered that! I think they still sell them. I didn't want to say the name - don't know the repercussions of that. The words "epi" and "lady" come to mind...

Old 04-22-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, I was going to ask you if you remembered that! I think they still sell them. I didn't want to say the name - don't know the repercussions of that. The words "epi" and "lady" come to mind...
That's exactly what it was called -an Epilady Epilator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships