Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,005,401 times

Advertisements

Jewels is a good bejeweled clone, forgot to mention that one. Also forgot that you can download opera or firefox and those can sync your bookmarks with your desktop browser which is handy. For texting there are several apps which are more fully featured that you can use. I prefer handcent sms. If you go that route you would also want to download the font packs and emoji emoticons.

If your subversive like me you can root your phone and then tether for free. You can also block all ads which I like.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Wow - I don't have a smart phone so I didn't realize they had cool apps like this. That's really Star Trek technology, isn't it?!

Pretty soon they'll have a tricorder app that will diagnose your illnesses, as well as one that will give the nutritional value of your Big Mac when you scan it.
I had to get one for work some time ago as the office likes to reach out and annoy you with meaningless paperwork and such. Wouldn't want to be without it now. Too used to having information at my fingertips, being able to while away time like today when the dentist condescended to see me one hour and 20 minutes AFTER my appointment time.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:48 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,566,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
wfw&p alway say: One project beget three!
Something I have learned: There's no such thing as a quick trip to Home Depot.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,566,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Thanks for all the tips! I had no idea there are so many different and useful applications on this phone.
The skymap sounds like such a cool app. to have. Definitely download that one.

So far, out of all the games, I only got myself Words With Friends. It's a scrabble game that you can play either with your friends or a random person. So far I'm kicking ass and English is not even my first language!
Words with Friends crashes on me a lot; I tried to play it with my sister.

Games I like include Trap, Andoku, JewelLust, Rocket Bunnies and LineUp. My current favorite time-wasters are Alchemy and Mr. Block.

Latitude is good if you want to see people's location on a map, like how far your husband is from home. I use the Pandora, IMDb and Wapedia (better wiki interface, I think) apps a lot.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,338,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Words with Friends crashes on me a lot; I tried to play it with my sister.

Games I like include Trap, Andoku, JewelLust, Rocket Bunnies and LineUp. My current favorite time-wasters are Alchemy and Mr. Block.

Latitude is good if you want to see people's location on a map, like how far your husband is from home. I use the Pandora, IMDb and Wapedia (better wiki interface, I think) apps a lot.
I will keep those games in mind...I'm trying not to get sucked in. I already used Pandora, I think it's a great creation in general. I think it's so cool that you can type in the name of the group or a singer and then it plays music from that genre.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:59 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,338,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Jewels is a good bejeweled clone, forgot to mention that one. Also forgot that you can download opera or firefox and those can sync your bookmarks with your desktop browser which is handy. For texting there are several apps which are more fully featured that you can use. I prefer handcent sms. If you go that route you would also want to download the font packs and emoji emoticons.

If your subversive like me you can root your phone and then tether for free. You can also block all ads which I like.
There are different apps. for TEXTING?? I never knew that!

My son is already asking for me to download some kind of Mario game for him.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,940,856 times
Quote:
I will keep those games in mind...I'm trying not to get sucked in. I already used Pandora, I think it's a great creation in general. I think it's so cool that you can type in the name of the group or a singer and then it plays music from that genre.
Been using Pandora forever. Probably since it was created.

I have so many stations on it I have to sift through them for minutes before finding the music I feel like listening to.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:22 PM

17,611 posts, read 22,537,231 times
Quote:

My younguns & i played Mario Bros on Nintendo. They beat me most of the time. They played much more then i did.

I like Gunsmoke & Zelda.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:

There are different apps for everything. The dialer, email, text, calenders, contacts, you name it. You can download complete new launchers if you want and completely change the way things look and function. I'm not into that stuff as I just care about making it do what I want with the minimum possible fuss. Lots of people get way into though with custom launchers, themes, the works.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,956,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Well if the doctor comes in and asks for your gender that would be your queue to run like hell!
Seriously, just how dumb can you be?!

Perhaps she thinks their "sick" care is so good that somebody from the 1800's is still around?! I think the moron just has a box requiring 4 digits, I provide her with insufficient info by giving her 2 digits, and she doesn't know what to fill the other 2 with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.