Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nice attempt at responding while essentially ignoring my comment.
I mostly don't care for the past. I'd rather live in the present and plan my future. If I'm thinking of the past, I'm thinking of mostly bad memories and what ifs. Most things I care little for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 05:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I mostly don't care for the past. I'd rather live in the present and plan my future. If I'm thinking of the past, I'm thinking of mostly bad memories and what ifs. Most things I care little for.
Lucky you.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Lucky you.
How is that lucky?

I'm lucky because I've yet to do anything that will forever remind me of a bad memory. Well, mostly...

Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
How is that lucky?
Oh, it's just that I tend to dwell on the past.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Oh, it's just that I tend to dwell on the past.
I've done that before. I quickly became depressed. I know how bad I felt and I don't want to become that again.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:21 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Bummer dude and dudette

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I burn them all unless I look really good in one of them or they have other people in it worth keeping. I have zero need for memories of the past, my brain is already on overload with the present!
Did you not enjoy any of your past relationships?

I typically only have good thoughts, super fun times and fantastic lovin. Even the woman that ended up not being very good, and that is a very small number, I have fond memories of. Hell, even my 2 stalker experiences were fun woman until they turned crazy

Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Bummer dude and dudette

I typically only have good thoughts, super fun times and fantastic lovin. Even the woman that ended up not being very good, and that is a very small number, I have fond memories of. Hell, even my 2 stalker experiences were fun woman until they turned crazy
Tossing away any past photos of women does not mean that I didn't enjoy the relationships.

I have fond memories of those women. They will be with me until the day I die. Why do I need a picture? It's not that I want to hide things from the woman I would be with, it's that I only carry pictures of really important people that have impacted my life. Family mostly, and most of those are of my mom, grandpa, and my aunts.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Bummer dude and dudette

My past relationship had its ups more than it had its downs. But though I don't harbor ill feelings towards my ex, those photos are just no longer needed. Also factored in is the fact that in a fit of rage I tend to destroy things.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:18 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
My past relationship had its ups more than it had its downs. But though I don't harbor ill feelings towards my ex, those photos are just no longer needed. Also factored in is the fact that in a fit of rage I tend to destroy things.
So you have had only one other relationship, gottcha?

Quote:
Tossing away any past photos of women does not mean that I didn't enjoy the relationships.

I have fond memories of those women. They will be with me until the day I die. Why do I need a picture? It's not that I want to hide things from the woman I would be with, it's that I only carry pictures of really important people that have impacted my life. Family mostly, and most of those are of my mom, grandpa, and my aunts.
I see. Yeah, I don't have too many pictures myself, but they are mostly electronic, so i'm sure theyre on the internet somewhere.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:43 PM

553 posts, read 1,544,871 times
I only kept the pictures of my ex's if I was in them. If it's just them, they get tossed, burned, ripped up, attached to the dart board, etc. I have kept a few just because. But they are packed up in photo albums, or on CD's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships