Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
LOL How am I a stalker? It's not like I was standing there watching and listening to him. I'm not desperate or pathetic enough to want to listen to his conversion. I was finishing up some stuff I was working on and waiting for the professor to get back from his office with some stuff for us. So I thought we would do what we always do and get together for a bit after class, but I had no choice other than sit there and deal with him ignoring me and talking to someone else on the phone. I told you the story from both sides as far as I know. That we usually talk after class or go hang out in the library or cafe and he just kind of blew me off.
Well, if you don't like the word "game," even though that's what's being done to you, how about the phrase "paying back in the same coin"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,622,012 times
Quote:
LOL How am I a stalker? It's not like I was standing there watching and listening to him. I'm not desperate or pathetic enough to want to listen to his conversion. I was finishing up some stuff I was working on and waiting for the professor to get back from his office with some stuff for us. So I thought we would do what we always do and get together for a bit after class, but I had no choice other than sit there and deal with him ignoring me and talking to someone else on the phone. I told you the story from both sides as far as I know. That we usually talk after class or go hang out in the library or cafe and he just kind of blew me off.
Don`t worry about it. Advice from my first post...let him contact you with that attitude!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 PM

550 posts, read 982,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Don`t worry about it. Advice from my first post...let him contact you with that attitude!
I don't think he had a bad attitude. After I waved at him goodbye, he waved back and said see ya. It's possible that he was talking to his mom about a family death, but it looked/sounded like flirting from where I was sitting. However, I'm not a stalker. Far from it. HE'S the one who initiated all this. I probably would not be interested if he didn't, mainly because of my shyness.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
It's possible that he was talking to his mom about a family death
Absolutely! And when he disappears on you for a week, he's MOST definitely in an ICU after an accident!

Good luck! I'm done here. You can only take the horse to the water.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,622,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Absolutely! And when he disappears on you for a week, he's MOST definitely in an ICU after an accident!

Good luck! I'm done here. You can only take the horse to the water.
Yep..I agree!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,465,163 times
Quote:
He was sort of flirting, but I really didn't hear all that much. I wasn't that close, just pretending to do some school work. Then I left because it was clear he was not ending the conversation. This is a guy that gave me his phone number. He initiated that. I gave him mine after that. We do flirt sometimes and hang out after class. He also got that started. I feel he ignored me, but if I call him I don't want to act like it bothered me and like I'm desperate for his attention. It just kinda hurt my feelings a little.
He might be playing hard to get or he just keeping his options open and dating different girls. I'd flirt back with him and keep it light and if he calls, he calls and talk to him. But I wouldn't take his friendship serious right now. Keep your options open too and if you meet another boy that you're interested in, you can date him.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 PM

550 posts, read 982,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
He might be playing hard to get or he just keeping his options open and dating different girls. I'd flirt back with him and keep it light and if he calls, he calls and talk to him. But I wouldn't take his friendship serious right now. Keep your options open too and if you meet another boy that you're interested in, you can date him.
That's the thing. I'm really shy and find it hard to talk to people. I wasn't sure this guy was my type at first either, but hanging out w/ him and talking to him made me like him. I don't know why everything has to be a game. Why can't we just play straight?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:16 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,370,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Life is a game, honey. And don't believe anybody who tries to convince you otherwise. But you can do whatever you wish, of course.
I have to agree and rep you. We all play games. It is called life and it is not fair.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,370,335 times
I wanted to add: The only place you and this man are having a relationship is your head. He has not make any efforts to ask you out on a date. Until he does that (and even after) you are just casual acquiantances.

So do not sweat the small stuff. You sound very young, concentrate in your classes and yourself and the right guy (one who won't ignore you) will come along.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,235,181 times
Why would you even want to talk to someone you feel ignored you? Is that the ole "I want what I can't have" syndrome? If a guy ignored me like that, I'd turned on my heels, and even if he did call, it would go to voicemail.

If he is interested, he will let you know. You gave him your number, that's enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships