Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:05 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,011,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Also, if you wish I could send you a few pictures of mine through a personal message. You be the judge and decide what league I belong to and what kind of women i should approach based on that, what do you say?
I PM'd you. Also, do you live in Southern California? If so, then the dating scene here is dismal. Lots of gorgeousness, but a lot of shallow, superficial and brokeness abounds as well.

I heard people fare better on the Northern side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 01:07 PM

40,939 posts, read 49,070,639 times
Quote:
I guess I will find something that makes me happy and keep my mind off relationships forever, maybe get into some deep research or something like that I guess.
Have you tried something like Match.com ? I currently have a very nice Indian couple, both PHD's who I'm helping buy a home. They met on line and seem to be a great match.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM

50,223 posts, read 63,722,512 times
The only thing more off putting than a 40 year old virgin is a 60 year old virgin. You must get over this hump, because it seems to be crippling your life. A woman likes you enough to go out with you 5 times? You really blew it, but as others have said, the best thing to do is level with her and try to correct this issue so you can move forward in your development.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:11 PM

474 posts, read 494,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Look, it's YOU. I don't know what it is, but it's something about YOU that's causing this.

I suggest you talk to a dating consultant or someone that will give you "constructive" criticism on your approach, dress, what you're doing wrong and how to improve upon it.

Didn't you have male friends in high school and college? What were you doing at that time? This is where you LEARN these social/dating norms. There's also dating books online that can help you as well.

Please read them and be open to their suggestions.
No, I grew up in India for the first 17 years of my life, my green card was sponsored by an uncle of mine who's a doctor here and has been here since 30 years, so I came here for my undergraduate study and had a GC by then. I did my undergrad, grad studies and PhD in 8 years in Chemical Engineering which is extremely difficult so I mostly just focused on my career and education during my undergrad and grad school years and I wasn't your typical frat boy going on a drinking binge on a Saturday night which I heard is one of the things the women here won't love since they love men who get extremely drunk. Also I was only 17 at that time and very new to the norms and culture here so I mostly used to just hangout with fellow Indian students like me who were new to this place and found themselves in the same boat as I was.

So by the time I finished my PhD, I had filed for a citizenship and am now an American citizen. All the people I grew up with back in India during my high school days are all either married or in different places and since I moved away from there all alone when I was 17 I lost touch with most of them now. Anyway, I think I have decided reading all your inputs here that there's no point in even trying, I am very proud of the fact that I could come here at a very young age when your typical American is getting wasted or getting high and could finish a higher education from a top engineering school in such a short period of time. I thought that since USA was a melting pot(or so I thought) people of all cultures and backgrounds would be accepted here into the social fabric of this nation, but I know that's not the fact.

I am sorry but I don't find any woman who's prejudiced and makes judgments about me without even knowing me as a person not attractive at all, no matter whether she's a 9 or 10 as defined by you earlier and I guess this excludes 99% of all American women, so I know for sure that I would never find an American woman who has some culture and dignity about her. Sorry I am not your typical frat boy who's looking to score on the weekends, I have much better issues related to life and career that I could work on in that time.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I PM'd you. Also, do you live in Southern California? If so, then the dating scene here is dismal. Lots of gorgeousness, but a lot of shallow, superficial and brokeness abounds as well.

No, I live in Boston.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:25 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,331,893 times
Quote:

false

Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,011,752 times
Quote:
No, I grew up in India for the first 17 years of my life, my green card was sponsored by an uncle of mine who's a doctor here and has been here since 30 years, so I came here for my undergraduate study and had a GC by then. I did my undergrad, grad studies and PhD in 8 years in Chemical Engineering which is extremely difficult so I mostly just focused on my career and education during my undergrad and grad school years and I wasn't your typical frat boy going on a drinking binge on a Saturday night which I heard is one of the things the women here won't love since they love men who get extremely drunk. Also I was only 17 at that time and very new to the norms and culture here so I mostly used to just hangout with fellow Indian students like me who were new to this place and found themselves in the same boat as I was.

So by the time I finished my PhD, I had filed for a citizenship and am now an American citizen. All the people I grew up with back in India during my high school days are all either married or in different places and since I moved away from there all alone when I was 17 I lost touch with most of them now. Anyway, I think I have decided reading all your inputs here that there's no point in even trying,
Now everything makes sense. There is nothing wrong with talking to a dating consultant or someone to help break you out of this. You're not alone. The problem is you don't know and was never taught. You just need someone to help you.

Also Rakin suggested online dating websites. You should try them.

Another thing, it's very, very, very RARE to find the love of your life on the dance floor or at a club. Trust. This is pure hollywood FANTASY.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Now everything makes sense. There is nothing wrong with talking to a dating consultant or someone to help break you out of this. You're not alone. The problem is you don't know and was never taught. You just need someone to help you.

Also Rakin suggested online dating websites. You should try them.

Another thing, it's very, very, very RARE to find the love of your life on the dance floor or at a club. Trust.
Online dating is even worse, I am 5'8" and a lot of women told me that I was too short, even ones that were 5'1" and below, to prove my point I will post a few snapshots of women that sent me such responses and you know I am not lying, so I know online dating doesn't work for me.

Also, I am not trying to find the love of my life on a dance floor, I am just trying to find people whom I can dance with and have a good time. But since I am not your typical White/Black guy that is perhaps not possible for me. I find a lot of folks that are much worse looking dancing on the floor and having a good time just because of their racial acceptance. So that's where the debate ends.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:55 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,809,051 times
Quote:
I never said I only went for White women, I go for women, period. They could come in any color, for example I have tried talking to this black/mixed looking girl on the dance floor y'day and she had a rude attitude towards me too, of course I think some people are more condescending than others and people of certain races have more of a prejudiced attitude towards people from other races, but I have never said anywhere that I approached women of one particular ethnicity.
OK. It sounds like this is Boston exclusive behavior.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:58 PM

46 posts, read 57,523 times
Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships