Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
so your ok going on these 'fake' dates with men you are not interested in and allowing them to spend their money on you?...I like you an all, but damn....woman up, tell them you are not interested, and dont accept their free meals if you arent interested, it makes you seem like you have no integrity, which im sure you do have.
It is somehow acceptable for women to enjoy those freebies off men. Call it tradition or whatever but that's just how it is, at least in the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:52 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
so your ok going on these 'fake' dates with men you are not interested in and allowing them to spend their money on you?...I like you an all, but damn....woman up, tell them you are not interested, and dont accept their free meals if you arent interested, it makes you seem like you have no integrity, which im sure you do have.
Why not? It is not like I am making any promises to anyone. As an other post said, it is really no one business

And seriously I am not going to be mean to people who can help further my career. Sorry

Old 04-25-2011, 12:59 PM

If it doesn’t make women bad to accept men to feed them to all these free meals and drinks then it doesn’t make men villains either to sleep with women who will later cry heartbrokened because a guy didn’t want a relationship or say "I feel used", right?

Last edited by onihC; 04-25-2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 01:00 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,217,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
A lot of these men are work contacts and I do not want to lose my career network. That is all.
It sounds like these are more business lunches than dates and are probably getting expensed anyway.

I am getting more and more confused by your posts. Are these business aquaintances? Men who want to date you or what?

If you are serious about your career I would be very careful about leading on men who are work contacts if you want them to take you seriously as a business woman and not just a piece of ass.

If these are just business lunches then they really aren't dates anyway so it's an entirely different situation.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:03 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,874,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But on the other hand, if Carol is getting plenty of offers for dates with men who are happy to pay for dinner and expect nothing other than the pleasure of her company, why is it all on her to not accept? From what she's said, no one is pointing a gun at these guys and forcing them to ask her out buy her gin and tonics. If her dates are okay with it, and she's okay with it, why is it anyone else's business?
Carol: And seriously I am not going to be mean to people who can help further my career. Sorry

based on this comment, those men who would love the pleasure of her company, how OK would her dates feel knowing this is how she sees them as stepping stones and means to an end? Its totally fine if everyone knows whats going on, but the guys think one thing, and she basically uses them for free meals and to get up the ladder, but you are right, its no one's business.

Last edited by darrensmooth; 04-25-2011 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: not social ladder

Old 04-25-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If it doesn’t make women bad to accept men to feed them to all these free meals then it doesn’t make men a villain either to sleep with women who will later cry heartbrokened because he didn’t want a relationship or say "I feel used", right?
Right. A woman who feel used by a man should not give up sex so easy.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
It sounds like these are more business lunches than dates and are probably getting expensed anyway.

I am getting more and more confused by your posts. Are these business aquaintances? Men who want to date you or what?

If you are serious about your career I would be very careful about leading on men who are work contacts if you want them to take you seriously as a business woman and not just a piece of ass.

If these are just business lunches then they really aren't dates anyway so it's an entirely different situation.
I do not want to date them. It is people who I get to meet thru my job and then they ask me out. I am not interested in a relationship right now.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Right. A woman who feel used by a man should not give up sex so easy.
Fair enough. A man that doesn't want to be seen as a meal ticket should not spend money on a woman so easy, split, or just take turns.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM

261 posts, read 527,232 times
Sorry I skipped some of the 36 pages but I would like to add…

If this guy has paid for a month really you should have offered to pay at least once. Maybe then he wouldn't have blurted this out and caused you some embarrassment.

To put a different spin on this situation. I usually earn more money than any of the guys I have ever dated. It just works out that way and I do offer to pay even though I'm not the askee. Quite a lot of the time my offer is accepted. Does that make me look at them differently? yes. I'm not a cash machine and I don't care who earns more. If I have been asked out I don't accept to be left with the bill. But I'll pay it and then choose not to see them again. I've had some majorly disastrous dates and if it gets me out of there quicker I dont think twice. Lol.

I offer as it's polite and a few dates in I’m happy to share the paying responsibility.

Freeloading women give independent women a bad name. And Cheapskate men have to be the biggest turn off ever!

Dont fall in to either category!

Old 04-25-2011, 01:46 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,217,724 times
Quote:
I do not want to date them. It is people who I get to meet thru my job and then they ask me out. I am not interested in a relationship right now.
Yes that's what I feared. Be very, very careful with that. At least you're not sleeping with them but that may not prevent you from getting a reputation.
Can you not 'date' guys who are not invloved in your work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships